Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   History / Originality (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/)
-   -   Well this looks familiar...... BizJetTech's car he just sold (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/759619-well-looks-familiar-bizjettechs.html)

dagwood 03-12-2019 10:27 PM

Well this looks familiar...... BizJetTech's car he just sold

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto...839905371.html

13,775 miles. Guy never even drove it......not 1 mile

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...3047c290fd.jpg

WildCard600 03-12-2019 10:30 PM

Re: Well this looks familiar...... BizJetTech's car he just sold

People dont think resellers be like it is, but it do.

chazman 03-12-2019 11:30 PM

Did he have it longer than Biz? :D

88IROCvertZ 03-13-2019 12:04 AM

Did Biz have a Pope Chevrolet decal on the back? I don’t remember seeing that..

LiquidBlue 03-13-2019 12:53 AM

The resemblance is uncanny.... A 90 IROC for sale back in 2015
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...e19bfd86b7.jpg

chazman 03-13-2019 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidBlue (Post 6287788)
The resemblance is uncanny.... A 90 IROC for sale back in 2015
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...e19bfd86b7.jpg

Still for sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Chevro...YAAOSw5XJchH-t

BizJetTech 03-13-2019 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by dagwood (Post 6287765)

Well this is disappointing to me.....the buyer told me if he ever sold it I would have first rights at buying it back....
AND he also beat me up on the price when he bought it and paid $17,500....looks like he is trying to make a HUGE quick profit
and here I thought he was a good guy......:mad:

BizJetTech 03-13-2019 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by 88IROCvertZ (Post 6287784)
Did Biz have a Pope Chevrolet decal on the back? I don’t remember seeing that..

Yes, the Pope chevy badge was on it....

BizJetTech 03-13-2019 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by chazman (Post 6287792)

This car (1990 IROC vert) is a perfect example that low miles is not everything and all low mile cars are NOT equal.
Look at the underside, it is terrible. My old 92 Z/28 (in this thread) is a WAY nicer car.....

LiquidBlue 03-13-2019 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by BizJetTech (Post 6287799)
This car (1990 IROC vert) is a perfect example that low miles is not everything and all low mile cars are NOT equal.
Look at the underside, it is terrible. My old 92 Z/28 (in this thread) is a WAY nicer car.....

ya, looks like you or someone took time to polish some stuff. i was having a close look at some of the markings and where certain items are painted tho, they are nearly identical. amazing the factory was so consistent over a 2 year span.

88IROCvertZ 03-13-2019 09:30 AM

The 90 vert doesn’t look bad.. I couldn’t tell if it’s reflection or rust coming through, but if that’s new paint I guess it’s a little bit of a turn off.. I agree the underside of the 92 is much nicer..

See Biz, told you you should have sold it for more $$$

Just kidding.. it’s too bad that car is just getting flipped.. it’s a really nice one..

BizJetTech 03-13-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidBlue (Post 6287830)
ya, looks like you or someone took time to polish some stuff. i was having a close look at some of the markings and where certain items are painted tho, they are nearly identical. amazing the factory was so consistent over a 2 year span.

Nope - no polishing was ever done to it - that one is 100% original

vinny R 03-13-2019 11:29 AM

Was the car a true Fl car Biz? Originally sold here and lived it's life here...until now.

vinny R 03-13-2019 11:33 AM

" it’s too bad that car is just getting flipped.. it’s a really nice one.."

I agree 110% someone missed out on a really nice third gen for a reasonable price if a non collector would have bought this from Biz...$17,500 for that condition and original to boot.

BizJetTech 03-13-2019 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by vinny R (Post 6287864)
Was the car a true Fl car Biz? Originally sold here and lived it's life here...until now.

it was originally a GA car, bought new in the Atlanta area, not sure when it came to FL, I think about 10 years ago or so...

aliceempire 03-13-2019 05:48 PM

I'm only a few minutes from there. Does anybody want to 60k challenge me to go confirm it's condition?:lol:

dagwood 03-13-2019 05:53 PM

Hahahahaha:lol:

scottmoyer 03-13-2019 07:17 PM

The fact that Biz was told that he'd get first option on buying the car back and got beat up on the price, I won't be so trusting of the person willing to buy my car. I won't be so willing to budge on my price, to help out another 3rd gen enthusiast. I guess these cars have now made it to the category of desirable, so that people will do whatever they can to save a buck just to flip it and make money themselves. I don't plan on leaving $$$ on the table.

88IROCvertZ 03-13-2019 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by scottmoyer (Post 6287943)
The fact that Biz was told that he'd get first option on buying the car back and got beat up on the price, I won't be so trusting of the person willing to buy my car. I won't be so willing to budge on my price, to help out another 3rd gen enthusiast. I guess these cars have now made it to the category of desirable, so that people will do whatever they can to save a buck just to flip it and make money themselves. I don't plan on leaving $$$ on the table.

Yeah that was total BS.. I’d even trust “collectors” less because people I know that collect cars are always buying and selling them. It’s like they say if you have 100 classic cars do you love any ONE the way a guy that saved his whole life to buy or restore a classic that they’ve wanted for decades?

Also, wasn’t that 90 IROC listed for $30,000 before.. price dropped on that one a bit..

Drew 03-14-2019 12:59 AM

Hey, this is just what people on this board have been asking to happen for a decade. They're finally worth enough to swindle someone into/out of a thirdgen. Wish you guys didn't post this kind of thing all the time. I just want to enjoy my cars without having to worry about all the dishonest people out there, and the value that is being artificially inflated every day.

LeonardS 03-14-2019 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by scottmoyer (Post 6287943)

Another reason why you should just keep your Pace Car. I often hear people say “I wish I hadn’t sold that car”. I never hear them say “I wish I had sold that car”. Just keep it Scott!

chazman 03-14-2019 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by LeonardS (Post 6288053)

Another reason why you should just keep your Pace Car. I often hear people say “I wish I hadn’t sold that car”. I never hear them say “I wish I had sold that car”. Just keep it Scott!

I'm with Leonard!

KMK454 03-14-2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BizJetTech (Post 6287797)
Well this is disappointing to me.....the buyer told me if he ever sold it I would have first rights at buying it back....
AND he also beat me up on the price when he bought it and paid $17,500....looks like he is trying to make a HUGE quick profit
and here I thought he was a good guy......:mad:

Surprised you'd let that go for $17,500, unless you got it for a good bit less. That's a good deal for a 'vert that clean!

And unless it's some sort of contract or family, the buyer can say whatever but all that matters is the $ and a clean deal.

BizJetTech 03-22-2019 10:34 PM

Someone here should buy my old 1992 Z/28 vert - it's up on ebay - it's a GREAT car !!
Bad timing for me, otherwise I'd buy it back.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Chevro...frcectupt=true