Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Interior Parts Wanted (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior-parts-wanted/)
-   -   wtb: GTA DIGITAL DASH (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior-parts-wanted/491509-wtb-gta-digital-dash.html)

theMAGICALheat 09-03-2008 11:20 PM

wtb: GTA DIGITAL DASH

looking for GTA DIGITAL DASH that is fully functional (whole assy)

going to put it in my 89 firebird formula to make it a gta clone.

JT 09-04-2008 12:20 AM

Re: wtb: GTA DIGITAL DASH

Originally Posted by theMAGICALheat (Post 3877569)
looking for GTA DIGITAL DASH that is fully functional (whole assy)

going to put it in my 89 firebird formula to make it a gta clone.

I don't have a digital dash to offer, but I'd thought I'd mention something to you as a GTA owner that you may not know.

The digital dash was not specific to the GTA. The digital dash was an option on the Trans AM just like it was an option on the GTA. The digital dash did not come standard on the GTA or Trans AM. In addition, the digital dash was not available in 1989.

Just letting you know that by installing a digital dash, it does not really have anything more to do with a GTA than a Trans AM. In 1988, the last year of the digital dash, slightly less than half of GTAs had the analog cluster.

drptop70ss 09-04-2008 07:48 PM

I may have one left, have to check tomorrow. I know I have the under dash wiring harness from one if needed, all from 88 GTAs.

theMAGICALheat 09-06-2008 09:39 PM

thanks for checking. Let me know what you want for it.

drptop70ss 09-06-2008 09:40 PM

$75 shipped for the harness, have to check another place for the cluster but cant get there until Tuesday.

theMAGICALheat 09-10-2008 09:13 PM

any update on digital dash?

drptop70ss 09-10-2008 09:16 PM

sorry I must have sold it, only have the wiring harness for it.

firechicken76 09-22-2008 12:45 AM

ive got one in mint shape with a harness, in an 88 gta, how much are you looking to spend?

SmokinMyTires 10-12-2008 08:57 PM

I have a Dakota Digital Dash, it costs 650 new, and looks good, the lights are blue, you can have it for less than 650. Give me an e-mail address and i will send pics

IROCZ28KevinZ 11-24-2008 06:04 AM

If you still want the GTA digital cluster, I have a spare I can probably let go. I don't know what year it came out of; a buddy of mine gave it to me. The trim has been painted a bright blue, it may be salvageable by sanding it and repainting it black.

I also have the whole harness that goes behind the dash, only the dome light and radio connectors were cut off.

A word of caution; the reason I have this stuff is because I was also looking to do the conversion, but trust me, it is not easy. There will be some re-pinning involved, and without the underhood harness, the systems monitor won't work.

Because I never finished (barely even attempted before I quit), I don't know if the cluster works or not.

PM me if interested for more details, thanks