Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Interior (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/)
-   -   roll bar pics, full interior with back seat! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/491993-roll-bar-pics-full.html)

mw66nova 09-08-2008 07:48 AM

roll bar pics, full interior with back seat!

7 Attachment(s)
i just finished up putting the interior all back together last night and took some quick shots this morning to show it off. the bar is a competition engineering bar. i bought the "over the seat" bars as well from competition engineering. i also added in a few extra bars for some added integrity. i think it's about the baddest looking 8pt roll bar ever now, i'm VERY proud of it. i've been posting this up in the organized drag racing board but thought some guys who don't frequent that part of this site would enjoy these as well. comments welcome, tell me what you like and dislike about it!

Attachment 443604

Attachment 443605

Attachment 443606

Attachment 443607

Attachment 443608

Attachment 443609

Attachment 443610

87_GTA_5.7 09-08-2008 06:02 PM

Re: roll bar pics, full interior with back seat!

I think its bad ***. I just got done with my back have cage last weekend..Are you going to pad it? Seems like you might bump your head on the bars but maybe it just the pics that make it look like that

87_GTA_5.7 09-08-2008 06:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is mine..Cant wait to get it back together..

SpeedJunkie 09-08-2008 09:14 PM

Looks nice, did you rattle can it after? I want to do one and was thinking when i do if I should bc/cc or get some epoxy paint?

sailtexas186548 09-08-2008 09:34 PM

make me one :waveman:! but no seriously that's gorgeous, i hope mine turns out that well

GTAwheelman 09-08-2008 09:50 PM

what kinda limbo you have to do to get in the back seats? :lmao:

looks pretty awesome.

BTW where did you get the battery relocation kit from? i've been thinking about moving my battery. sorry to take the topic off topic, but would the battery fit where the spare tire goes?

87transGTA 09-08-2008 10:32 PM

dam dude that looks sweet i love how u did the interior with those gauges id love to do that to my t/a but have no idea where to start cause of turn signals and stuff like that you got any tips

mw66nova 09-09-2008 06:54 AM

i just found the wires from the turn signals and tapped into them with some led's, same for the bright light indicator.

the relocation box is from summit. i don't think that box will fit behind the wheel well. i think it turned out relatively clean, i guess i could run my cables under the carpet if i really wanted to...

the roll bar is rattle canned. i didn't have time to have my buddy spray it. it's also not a super easy task to tackle, so i didn't really want to have all the equipment inside the car to spray it that way.

i'd prefere not to pad the bar, cause i don't care for how it looks, but i will if it's gonna be rough to get in and out...

skinny z 09-09-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by GTAwheelman (Post 3882262)

BTW where did you get the battery relocation kit from? i've been thinking about moving my battery. sorry to take the topic off topic, but would the battery fit where the spare tire goes?

Yes it does fit in the spare tire well. I've seen the installation and there were even terminal posts poking through the plastic interior trim so recharging isn't a pain.

And the cage looks great.

87_GTA_5.7 09-09-2008 07:53 AM

Im bc/cc mine. I hate tryin to get a gun in there to paint. Wow it sucks. I dont know how long before Ill have my interior back in but I want everything to go back in like MW66s. What is and were did you get the plastic or whatever you made the dash out of? Looks good..

CYARS92 09-09-2008 11:39 AM

I love the looks of the cage, but what's the purpose of having a backseat anyways? It's now just a deathtrap back there! :eek: :confused:

87_GTA_5.7 09-09-2008 01:12 PM

For looks..well thats why mine will be in there..makes the car still look like a car/street car not a full blown race car. Nobody will be able to really get back to them..thats why for me and my thoughts..a car that runs 10s..has full interior and can still drive home..thats sweet..

mw66nova 09-11-2008 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
safety harness solution:
Attachment 443484

passenger seat will get done when it's not raining outside, lol

87_GTA_5.7 09-11-2008 06:25 PM

thats bad *** too..**** how did you do that?

drknow90rs_ss@y 09-14-2008 04:03 PM

LOve the seats!! How did you do that??? Is the cage nhra legal? Thanks, the whole package looks great!!!

mw66nova 09-14-2008 06:27 PM

it's just a bar, it's legal to 10.00. the seats are factory 95 camaro seats and i bought the inserts from hawks.

1320_Guy 09-15-2008 06:11 PM

Is that a scratch on the bar. Might be hard to keep it from getting scratched up.

Looks great makes me wana put a roll bar in mine, and it hasn't been to the track in a long time.

Demon355 09-15-2008 06:33 PM

I always thought that the rear bars would be better off going as close to the shock mounts as possible, no? Looks good Matt, you did an excellent job! I want one eventually as well except I doubt I'll go that crazy with mine. What I wanted to do is pretty much what 87_GTA_5.7 did with his.

Tobias05 09-15-2008 07:22 PM

looks good!

87_GTA_5.7 09-16-2008 09:47 PM

Hey Demon355..Mine was pretty easy but I also wanted it to look clean and not over done..I still plan on driving the car not just a race car. But Im a 100% beliver on the shock towers..But I just made mine come all the way back on top of the sub frame inteh rear...and I can mount both of my bottles on them!!!!

mw66nova 09-17-2008 02:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
interior is now 99% done...all i got left to do is to come up with a classy way to close the door since i can't use the door handles with this rollbar kit.

Attachment 443211

Attachment 443212

Attachment 443213

Demon_Eater 09-17-2008 02:59 PM

Woah, Great job mw66nova, looks very clean and has a unique thing to it.:thumbsup:

Im happy some one has a picture of a after market gauge cluster in those dashes. how hard was it?
reason Im asking is because my stock speedometer wont with my t56, and I dont want to go buy the digital dekota thing. rather have a after market gauge cluster like yours.

Demon355 09-17-2008 03:01 PM

How was putting the headliner back in with the bars? Yeah I want my rear bars to go to the top of the hump instead into the trunk area because my stereo box will be there. Put the plates right near the shock mounts. Winter project though, :p

mw66nova 09-17-2008 04:04 PM

putting the headliner in wasn't bad, just took two people...it was a bit of a squeeze. gotta go slow. i don't know that it'll come out again without tearing it up though

3833rdGen 09-17-2008 05:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
looks good man, i still have most of the interior out of mine, heres some pics of the 8 point

drknow90rs_ss@y 09-21-2008 08:14 PM

This is turning into the rollbar/interior thread!! Love it!! Some really cool pics!!

87_GTA_5.7 09-27-2008 10:11 AM

Gotta cage..post more pics!!!

STEEL 09-27-2008 02:49 PM

I love the cage, but I love the gauges more!

stage20 10-23-2008 04:57 PM

whats up with the door handles?

wdigitog 12-23-2008 08:10 AM

The doors probably don't close with the handles mounted. The side bars look real tight against the doors..

mw66nova 12-23-2008 10:23 AM

nope, the door handles hit the door bars of the rollbar and won't allow it to close. i'm putting in a kit here in a few weeks for a buddy of mine, he's asked me to get the kit from spohn that has the door bars bent around the door handles, so he'll keep his. and he's also getting swing outs so the car should be super simple to get into and out of. i'm seriously reconsidering swing outs in my car as this summer was a pain in the butt to do anything with the car the way it's setup.

MitchellDeMoor 12-23-2008 11:34 AM

That looks pretty bad ***. Did you or someone else fab the cage or did you buy it. If you bought it from somewhere could you send me a link. Thanks man.

mw66nova 12-23-2008 01:10 PM

i used a competition engineering kit, but i also got the over the seat rear bars from them, and then used all the extra tubing to build the rest...so i guess you could say i fabbed it with the help of competition engineering, lol

TTOP350 12-23-2008 01:40 PM

here is a link to my cage. its a S&W 8pt kit but I only made it a 6pt,4 now.

http://rides.gmhightechperformance.c.../photos/6.html

http://rides.gmhightechperformance.c.../photos/5.html

iroc_valencia 12-24-2008 01:56 PM

Looks like a cold day.

Nice seats mod.

Cheers , JF

Slouch 04-20-2009 02:18 AM

How did you get the carpet to go back in? I dont see any cuts in it... Did you seam it near the back seats?

mw66nova 04-21-2009 11:05 PM

no seams, i cut it from in front of the tubes so you can't see it. the cut goes down behind the rear seats.

Slouch 04-22-2009 01:11 AM

AHA! Now I see it :P I used to install carpet in houses when I was younger, if you want that to go away go down to your local home depot and look for the seam tapes. They have one that does not require a hot iron, you just peel off the cover and put it under the seam. Stick it to one half and then slowly line the edges up and work your way down the seam, if done right you wont even be able to see a line where the cut was...

drknow90rs_ss@y 04-22-2009 01:26 AM

mw66nova; What is that "Blacked out" gauge in the center of your cluster? Looks like my CSR cooling gauge, but I dont think thats what it is, Is it?

mw66nova 04-22-2009 09:29 AM

it was a Dakota Digital speedometer. i've gone back to a stock cluster and will be doing something different with my gauges. with the new motor, i've got alot more options now...

1Aauto 04-22-2009 09:38 AM

That cage came out sweet,nice job.