Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Interior (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/)
-   -   OER Dash Speaker Grills = Junk! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/732251-oer-dash-speaker-grills.html)

FBFAN 04-27-2016 06:01 PM

OER Dash Speaker Grills = Junk!

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished my restore after two years and took my car to work today. When I went back to my car during lunch I found the two new speaker grills all distorted and warped! :mad: Geez, the car was only out there for 4 hours and those piece of junk speaker covers look like I took a blow torch to them.... So please do not buy these from Classic Industries, or whom ever sells them.

Rant over.

thtanner 04-27-2016 06:05 PM

Re: OER Dash Speaker Grills = Junk!

OER is really hit or miss, mostly miss.

If the stock ones could last 20+ years.. why can't new materials in 2016 last 4 hours in the sun?

Sheesh!

84 1LE 04-27-2016 10:09 PM

Hope the Classic Ind rep see's this.What a piece of work! Geez is right.

formula1LE 04-28-2016 06:15 AM

It's bad that with as many resources at their disposal, why can't they test their Chinese repops in real world conditions? IF they are USA made parts, that's even worse-you expect crap from overseas but not from the USA!

87gtaredonred 04-28-2016 12:05 PM

Jesus, I would be ashamed to sell that

dmccain 04-28-2016 01:25 PM

Yeah the CHINESE or the big fat rat in the corporate office don't give a s#it if its quality or not. But they will accept your hard earned cash.

FBFAN 04-28-2016 03:32 PM

$40 dollar of it! However, I just received a call from Classic (because I posted a poor review on the product) and they are offering a full refund. At least customer service isn't dead there like so many other places nowadays. I hope they can work with the mfg and get this issue straightened out.

84 1LE 04-28-2016 04:11 PM

They should know better, I purchased a set of the lyod style floor mats & they were 4th gen items.Listed as 3rd gen on the site & closeout items, so no returns accepted.

If a smaller operation, like hawks can make quality repo.Classic should be more than able to.

thtanner 04-28-2016 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 84 1LE (Post 6033297)
They should know better, I purchased a set of the lyod style floor mats & they were 4th gen items.Listed as 3rd gen on the site & closeout items, so no returns accepted.

If a smaller operation, like hawks can make quality repo.Classic should be more than able to.

OER makes them, not Classic. OER sells to numerous outlets, including hawks.

gt4373 04-28-2016 05:58 PM

Wow That's Unreal That It Took Only 4 Hours To Do That.