Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   LSX and LTX Parts (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/lsx-ltx-parts/)
-   -   [For Sale] LS swap harness (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/lsx-ltx-parts/755181-ls-swap-harness.html)

scooter 08-06-2018 01:21 PM

LS swap harness

I bought enough stuff to make 6-7 GEN III LS swap harnesses. I originally made one for my 4.8 swap in my 92 Firebird and will be making a few more for second gens. I can make 3rd gen swap harnesses if people are interested. Manual trans harnesses are easier for me right now, but I am working on getting a junk 4L60E for mockup.

I can make them plug and play to the C100 and C207, or just stand alone.

Prices will vary depending on what you want, but starting around the $490 mark for stand alone, all new connectors, wire and terminals.

Plug and play will be around $699, again all new. If you want the ECM in the stock location, you will need to clean out your bulkhead in the fender area and put that on yourself. I cannot readily get those two pieces.

88Convertible 11-16-2019 03:24 PM

Re: LS swap harness

If you guys are looking for a custom harness. This is your guy.
I have a completely custom plug and play harness that works flawlessly.
Great service and customer service. I had questions on my harness even 6 months later and he was very quick to respond and answer all my questions.
Recommended. 100%
You wont be disappointed.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...52f91cd91d.jpg
in the picture u can see how nice and hidden alot of the harness sits.
On the right. Just behind the clutch reservoir is the fuse box. And the main harness goes over the top of my heater motor. Into the cab for stock location. No drilling holes.
Complete custom harness. Made the way you want.
Thanks again.

drknow90rs_ss@y 01-14-2020 12:40 PM

Can you make a Dbw harness? By "plug and play" I assume you mean ;with ecm? I will be swapping a 6.0 lq motor into an '89 GTA later this year and am not sure what I will be using for engine management. My previous swap used F.A.S.T. efi, and while I was happy with it, I was never happy with the wire routing. Will you be including gauge/ sender wiring as well? I will be using all aftermarket gauges (Autometer Pro-Comp ultralight, that I have nib from another project).
I think that's all the questions I have for now....
DrK

drknow90rs_ss@y 01-14-2020 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by 88Convertible (Post 6339858)
Great service and customer service. I had questions on my harness even 6 months later and he was very quick to respond and answer all my questions.
Recommended. 100%
On the right. Just behind the clutch reservoir is the fuse box. And the main harness goes over the top of my heater motor. Into the cab for stock location. No drilling holes.
Thanks again.

BTW, 88convertible: That is a clean looking engine bay! I like that you kept your coils in the stock location. I will be running A/C, (AZ, 115+ degree summers.) but I sure do like how yours looks!
-DrK

scooter 01-14-2020 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by drknow90rs_ss@y (Post 6349064)
Can you make a Dbw harness? By "plug and play" I assume you mean ;with ecm? I will be swapping a 6.0 lq motor into an '89 GTA later this year and am not sure what I will be using for engine management. My previous swap used F.A.S.T. efi, and while I was happy with it, I was never happy with the wire routing. Will you be including gauge/ sender wiring as well? I will be using all aftermarket gauges (Autometer Pro-Comp ultralight, that I have nib from another project).
I think that's all the questions I have for now....
DrK

Currently I only do Red/Blue "0411" ECMs, but I might be able to do the DBW Gen III, I would just need to figure out the connector for the TB and TAC?
Plug and play would mean wired for your year car and ECM so you just have to plug in all the connectors, battery and ground. The C100 and C207 are part of that, you would just plug them in, no cutting or splicing necessary.
For factory gauges I wire everything in like stock, but I can provide unterminated connections for aftermarket gauges if you want and you can wire them.

drknow90rs_ss@y 01-16-2020 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 6349095)
Currently I only do Red/Blue "0411" ECMs, but I might be able to do the DBW Gen III, I would just need to figure out the connector for the TB and TAC?
Plug and play would mean wired for your year car and ECM so you just have to plug in all the connectors, battery and ground. The C100 and C207 are part of that, you would just plug them in, no cutting or splicing necessary.
For factory gauges I wire everything in like stock, but I can provide unterminated connections for aftermarket gauges if you want and you can wire them.

That would be excellent. I have to check my mess of parts, as I may have a 0411 ecm. I do have several laying around. My first swap was cable-drive, but for this one I would like to do dbw. How soon would you know if it's something you can do? I'm in no huge hurry. I rushed my last swap and ended up chasing issues for weeks.
DrK

scooter 01-16-2020 12:38 PM

Two guys PM'ed me before you, so it might be a while. I do this on the side and I have my own projects going. I would probably not be able to start until the middle or end of February. And if you definitely want the green connector ECM I need to do more research first since I have no idea what else that needs.

drknow90rs_ss@y 01-16-2020 01:01 PM

That sounds like good timing to me. I have a ways to go before I'm ready for the harness.feb, or even Mar, would be just fine, I think.
DrK

BB5708 03-22-2020 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 88Convertible (Post 6339858)
Recommended. 100%
Thanks again.

Show us more on your complete car, looks to be a Formula, what transmission, color of car, etc?

88Convertible 03-23-2020 07:25 PM

Hello.
Yea. It's a 1988 firebird formula convertible
it originally came with a 305 tpi 700r4
I the went to a accel super ram 383 with a built 700r4
I finally. Couple years ago swapped in a ls1/ t56
stock bottom end studded with upgraded rod bolts and new pistons.
ported 243 heads with ls6 intake and ported throttle.body.
Texas speed 228/230 cam
speed engineering long tube headers with hooker black heart true dual exhaust.
just wanted a fun everday car. To go out and enjoy. Not looking to be the fastest on the street anymore. Lol.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...2356a12e62.jpg
This picture was taken just after i had it running. I have the hood on and about 30 miles or so on it. looking to change the oil and get it in for a safe tune for break in .

Panama92vert 04-21-2020 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 6242071)
I bought enough stuff to make 6-7 GEN III LS swap harnesses. I originally made one for my 4.8 swap in my 92 Firebird and will be making a few more for second gens. I can make 3rd gen swap harnesses if people are interested. Manual trans harnesses are easier for me right now, but I am working on getting a junk 4L60E for mockup.

I can make them plug and play to the C100 and C207, or just stand alone.

Prices will vary depending on what you want, but starting around the $490 mark for stand alone, all new connectors, wire and terminals.

Plug and play will be around $699, again all new. The only connector that will need to be supplied is the C207, and if you want the ecm in the stock location, you will need to clean out your bulkhead in the fender area and put that on yourself. I cannot readily get those two pieces.

Would like to get a harness pnp if possible

scooter 04-22-2020 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Panama92vert (Post 6366975)

Would like to get a harness pnp if possible

You have your settings such that I can't PM or email you. If you want more info either send me a PM or an email through the board

irocwagon 04-22-2020 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 6367070)
You have your settings such that I can't PM or email you. If you want more info either send me a PM or an email through the board

pm sent about wire harness

RubberDucky 07-16-2020 10:44 PM

Had Scooter build my harness for my car. Got it about a week ago and got the car running the other day. SUPER nice harness, brand new fusebox and all new wire and connectors. Wiring was well run and tucked away nicely, I'm super pleased with Scooters work.

punkmaster98 07-22-2020 12:35 AM

Have about 8K miles on my harness from scooter and it has been great. Everything is laid out perfectly and is very simple. Scooter went the extra mile and integrated the harness into the cluster I made for my car. Excellent product.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...f4d07d5297.jpg