Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   LTX and LSX (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/)
-   -   Got my car Dyno Tuned this weekend... Videos! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/711742-got-my-car-dyno.html)

coptzer 11-24-2014 12:11 PM

Got my car Dyno Tuned this weekend... Videos!

So after much anticipation of what this thing would put down, I finally got a chance to get it on the Dyno and I'm pretty happy with the results. How's 406 RWHP / 382 torque on a Mustang Dyno sound... Not too bad. These were the uncorrected numbers, weather corrected was 383/361. Stock bottom end revved to 6500 RPM's and it loved every second of it. Topped out around 116 mph in 4th with 4.11 gears. Made quite a few pulls so my brother could finish tuning it, including some 1/4 mile runs. Just need to get a copy of my dyno sheet now.

Stock 2002 LS1 shortblock, Stage 2 T56, LS6 intake, 243 heads, 230/238 600 lift cam, Long Tubes, Strange S60 with 4.11 gears.

jaybdaboat 11-24-2014 12:52 PM

Re: Got my car Dyno Tuned this weekend

Some reason it won't play on my iPad. What were the 1/4 results?

Bomber 11-24-2014 05:18 PM

Nice numbers man,And nice car too!

coptzer 11-24-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jaybdaboat (Post 5846216)

1/4 mile could have been better. I think it was mid 12's at around 116 mph with junk tires.

Originally Posted by Bomber (Post 5846338)
Nice numbers man,And nice car too!

Thanks man!

coptzer 11-24-2014 05:39 PM

The car runs out of gear in 4th just before the 1/4 is up, spins way too much off the line, but it is fun as hell. I'll be getting some taller sticky tires over the winter. I can tell you that I need a lot more seat time for launching this thing. I'm way too used to the old 225 rwhp 305/auto and just crushing the gas off the line... not with this!

Here is a 1/4 mile simulation with my brother driving. He also tuned it for me, he's real good at it.

QwkTrip 11-24-2014 05:53 PM

That all out effort on the dyno was fun to watch! I've never seen anybody do that before.

Originally Posted by jaybdaboat (Post 5846216)

Turn your HTTP PROXY to 'Off'

coptzer 11-24-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by QwkTrip (Post 5846348)
That all out effort on the dyno was fun to watch! I've never seen anybody do that before.

Real, real fun to drive also. I've never seen it either, and it is fun to watch, I'm still watching it... haha! I've never done it before and it is a different feeling slamming through the gears and not really going anywhere...

We really put it to the test, and it never skipped a beat! Made about 5 runs in the 1/4, and probably 8 or 9 dyno pulls. A couple of the dyno runs he timed, 60 mph to around 115 mph, trying different timing settings. I think the best was like 7.1 seconds just leaving it in 4th gear until it hit the rev limiter.

aliceempire 11-24-2014 08:26 PM

Re: Got my car Dyno Tuned this weekend... Videos!

That made my day. Very fine piece of machinery.

HP52TA 11-24-2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by QwkTrip (Post 5846348)

Me neither. That is soo cool!!!

Congrats on the numbers. She is sounding real strong.

Great job on the car in general as well! Lots of quality work done.

STREETDEMON 11-25-2014 09:06 AM

strong numbers, good work.

i don't think i could punish the car like that on the dyno, the whole time i was watching the video i kept waiting for it to come loose :eek:

coptzer 11-25-2014 07:49 PM

Thanks for the compliments.

Originally Posted by STREETDEMON (Post 5846552)
i don't think i could punish the car like that on the dyno, the whole time i was watching the video i kept waiting for it to come loose :eek:

Nah, those straps are race proven... haha. Honestly I was a little nervous at first, but after like the third time you stop worrying so much because it's just so cool to see. Only thing I did was make sure to get away from the rear tires in case one blew...
:driving: