Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   LTX and LSX (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/)
-   -   LS Fest WEST - Las Vegas May 5th- 7th (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/741214-ls-fest-west-las.html)

BADNBLK 02-23-2017 05:03 PM

LS Fest WEST - Las Vegas May 5th- 7th

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 315931

Is there any 3rd gen LS nuts that are gonna make this event???

My wife and I are trailering out from Colorado with my car, and I am running the all access package with drag, show, auto cross, and road course.

I'd love to have a mini meet type thing with some of the West Coast LSer's from TGO. So many cars I've wanted to see for years, and its VEGAS!!! What could go wrong?

More info here!
https://www.lsfest.com/west/

fiveoformula 02-23-2017 06:34 PM

Re: LS Fest WEST - Las Vegas May 5th- 7th

Id sure like to go, It'd be a fun roadtrip from Portland, OR.
Still up in the air about it.

BADNBLK 02-24-2017 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by fiveoformula (Post 6114036)
Id sure like to go, It'd be a fun roadtrip from Portland, OR.
Still up in the air about it.

Well make sure to hit me up if you do!

BADNBLK 02-27-2017 10:08 AM

BUMP! Anyone else?

Beater79TA 02-27-2017 11:30 AM

Running in a BFG Share the Ride event in Knoxville, TN that weekend. Otherwise we'd be there with one of the LS powered cars. This might be the first time in several years we don't run an actual event in Vegas.

BADNBLK 02-27-2017 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA (Post 6114916)
Running in a BFG Share the Ride event in Knoxville, TN that weekend. Otherwise we'd be there with one of the LS powered cars. This might be the first time in several years we don't run an actual event in Vegas.

Well just know that I'll be missing you and Valerie.

Tibo 03-03-2017 01:16 PM

I'm only an hour away and have thought about it but I'm not sure how it would work if you don't have an LS. I typically shy away from being a participant at events like this, being so big they really command your entire day or weekend depending on what all you're doing. But if being a car show participant gets me good parking and I can leave whenever.... maybe.

Beater79TA 03-03-2017 01:36 PM

Without a LS or current gen LT engine in the car, you will be restricted to spectator parking and won't be able to participate in any portions of the event. Even the car show part is restricted to LS/LT powered vehicles.

BADNBLK 03-03-2017 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tibo (Post 6116208)
I'm only an hour away and have thought about it but I'm not sure how it would work if you don't have an LS. I typically shy away from being a participant at events like this, being so big they really command your entire day or weekend depending on what all you're doing. But if being a car show participant gets me good parking and I can leave whenever.... maybe.

Originally Posted by Beater79TA (Post 6116217)
Without a LS or current gen LT engine in the car, you will be restricted to spectator parking and won't be able to participate in any portions of the event. Even the car show part is restricted to LS/LT powered vehicles.

Yep ^^^ Sorry. But you can come up and hang out

five7kid 03-09-2017 03:04 PM

No can make. The 5th is a points race date at Bandimere.

BADNBLK 03-09-2017 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by five7kid (Post 6117632)
No can make. The 5th is a points race date at Bandimere.

Well that is great new for me and everyone else in Vegas... We don't want to be rained out!!!! :lmao::thanks:

Would have been fun though

bk2life 03-09-2017 05:43 PM

might go to watch, im not ls powered. L89 all the way!

five7kid 03-09-2017 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6117668)
Well that is great new for me and everyone else in Vegas... We don't want to be rained out!!!! :lmao::thanks:

Would have been fun though

You tryin' to start sumptin? :gocrazy:

:lol:

Z28FAST1 03-10-2017 01:55 AM

Sounds tempting. Too bad it lands on huge boxing weekend:eek:

BADNBLK 03-13-2017 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by five7kid (Post 6117688)
You tryin' to start sumptin? :gocrazy:

:lol:

:huh: With you, no way! I'm just reminding you that it rains every time you go to the track, so thank you. I can't control the rain, so be mad at that person lol

BADNBLK 03-13-2017 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Z28FAST1 (Post 6117803)
Sounds tempting. Too bad it lands on huge boxing weekend:eek:

That is what your brother said too... So how much money you got riding on the fight?

Beater79TA 03-13-2017 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6118771)
That is what your brother said too... So how much money you got riding on the fight?

And unless you're actually fighting, why not watch it in Vegas?

It's a pretty safe bet a few MMA fighters will be there either working some of the vendor booths or more likely driving on the autocross track.

BADNBLK 04-06-2017 05:34 PM

BUMP!!!!

Chevy High Performance magazine is hosting a cruise into Las Vegas from the LA area if anyone that is driving wants to roll in with some cool vehicles. Great way to make friends
http://www.superchevy.com/events/170...sports-museum/

BADNBLK 04-25-2017 06:04 PM

It's next week! If any of you choose to come out, make sure to come say what's up

TEDSgrad 04-28-2017 12:54 PM

So, the DSE parts are going to be put to the test!
Have any shiny pics to share?

BADNBLK 04-28-2017 03:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TEDSgrad (Post 6131788)
So, the DSE parts are going to be put to the test!
Have any shiny pics to share?

Yes sir they will. Feels like a new animal on the street when trying to flex its muscles, so I'm hoping it will be even better on track.

Couple "shiny" pics. Honestly most the DSE parts pics I have are under lock and key til CHP does what they want with them.

Attachment 315230
Attachment 315231
Attachment 315232

A shot of my brakes that just happens to include a DSE tuned Jri double adjustable billet housing strut ;)
Attachment 315233

TEDSgrad 04-28-2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6131826)
Couple "shiny" pics. Honestly most the DSE parts pics I have are under lock and key til CHP does what they want with them.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...pss0natbyi.jpg

A shot of my brakes that just happens to include a DSE tuned Jri double adjustable billet housing strut ;)
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...pskcakdrr7.jpg

Very Nice! You must have some pull to even command a teal decal!!!
OK, I understand. Really looking for attachment point pics, linkages, etc - the good stuff. I guess I'll have to wait.
Bet it all, and let 'er ride!

toddoky 04-28-2017 05:36 PM

I hope all of you that make it out to the event really enjoy yourselves.

BADNBLK 04-28-2017 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TEDSgrad (Post 6131866)
Very Nice! You must have some pull to even command a teal decal!!!
OK, I understand. Really looking for attachment point pics, linkages, etc - the good stuff. I guess I'll have to wait.
Bet it all, and let 'er ride!

Yeah sorry. I can't put those pics out yet.

I plan on giving it my all... I'm gonna run the grand champion series with the big boys, so I'm sure I will be a small fish in that pond of power and talent haha. We'll see!

BADNBLK 04-28-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by toddoky (Post 6131869)
I hope all of you that make it out to the event really enjoy yourselves.

You know we will! I'm gambling tires and car parts for my good time, and that is all smiles. I'll report back here when we get back. or check out my IG page for more current updates @badnblk

BlueMagicSS 05-08-2017 01:05 AM

Car Looked great out there!! Good to meet you in person Brandon.

bk2life 05-08-2017 09:09 AM

any pics? I had military duty, wanted to go badly

TEDSgrad 05-10-2017 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One from Hot Rod:

BADNBLK 05-10-2017 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BlueMagicSS (Post 6134564)
Car Looked great out there!! Good to meet you in person Brandon.

Great to meet you too! I'm glad we got to talk and meet. So very cool to put faces with names. Hope you had fun!

Originally Posted by bk2life (Post 6134626)
any pics? I had military duty, wanted to go badly

I got quite a few, and once I get a chance to upload them, I'll post them for sure.

Originally Posted by TEDSgrad (Post 6135272)
One from Hot Rod:

I just saw that! How cool is that!?

Quick summary of my experience... It was awesome! I got to race and hang out with a lot of big name racers in the Pro-touring world. I got to have some great talks with some part manufactures and got some inside knowledge on a couple things. I enjoyed the facility, but not the heat or the awful dust that I could not keep off my car for anything.

My performance... It was good. Not mind blowing, but good. I was able to win the platinum class autocross award where they broke up the 150 Grand Champions and awarded prize not just for the very very fastest time of the event, but for the person closest to 35.0 seconds, 38.0 seconds, and 41.0 seconds. I was just slow enough to fall into the 35 second platinum class, but be the fastest of the platinum class. Total was 52nd out of the sold out grand champion class of 150. I was able to run a 12.56 @ 114.7 on a 100 degree day, losing to Robbie Unser Jr, after making a cash bet with Al Unser Jr that I could beat him. Road course was tough to get a clean run, and I ran the car into the dirt after a clutch hydraulic pedal pressure not allowing me to downshift to corner entry speeds, locked the brakes, upset the balance and looped it into the dirt. But I made a bunch of great friends, and some new industry contacts that will hopefully all lead to better stuff for us third gen lovers as a whole.

Later homies!

TEDSgrad 05-10-2017 04:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And a couple from LatG:
No sidewall for launch!

BADNBLK 05-10-2017 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by TEDSgrad (Post 6135364)
And a couple from LatG:
No sidewall for launch!

Oh snap! Those are good, and I haven't seen those yet. Nice. Do you have a link to the album?

Beater79TA 05-10-2017 04:58 PM

For anyone looking for the official results to check on how well friends, family, etc did (and those individuals didn't tell you already): the autocross and speedstop times are on the live timing link under results. https://www.lsfest.com/west/ You need to know the individuals car number to find them on the live timing lists. Final published results usually have names and car numbers.

Drag race results usually take them a few days/weeks to update for all the drag race classes. These normally only list times for the top competitors and not the entire class.

For the Bowling Green event there is usually a listing of scores for all the Grand Champion competitors posted at some point.

The final updates are usually also listed on Holley's blog website once everything is ready to publish. Historically this takes them a week or more for the Bowling Green event. I expect similar timeframes for the Vegas event.

And next year, the show will get bigger so start making plans early if you want to make it next year.

BADNBLK 05-10-2017 05:10 PM

That drag pic was when I was racing Robbie Unser Jr for the default race for a $1 bill haha! Also noticed that Tim was snapping a pic of me around the same time I noticed that we were using a pro tree haha

TEDSgrad 05-10-2017 05:13 PM

http://lateral-g.net/holley-ls-fest-west-2017/

album is way down at the bottom

BADNBLK 05-10-2017 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA (Post 6135380)
For anyone looking for the official results to check on how well friends, family, etc did (and those individuals didn't tell you already): the autocross and speedstop times are on the live timing link under results. https://www.lsfest.com/west/ You need to know the individuals car number to find them on the live timing lists. Final published results usually have names and car numbers.

Drag race results usually take them a few days/weeks to update for all the drag race classes. These normally only list times for the top competitors and not the entire class.

For the Bowling Green event there is usually a listing of scores for all the Grand Champion competitors posted at some point.

The final updates are usually also listed on Holley's blog website once everything is ready to publish. Historically this takes them a week or more for the Bowling Green event. I expect similar timeframes for the Vegas event.

And next year, the show will get bigger so start making plans early if you want to make it next year.

I hadn't looked at the 3S results as I didn't want to see how far down the line I was haha! ABS or a stack of tires at home would sure help in that competition haha. Jimi says final results should be up Thursday or so, as Tom here already stated.

Originally Posted by TEDSgrad (Post 6135386)
http://lateral-g.net/holley-ls-fest-west-2017/

album is way down at the bottom

Got it dude! Thank you very much.

Beater79TA 05-11-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6135397)
I hadn't looked at the 3S results as I didn't want to see how far down the line I was haha! ABS or a stack of tires at home would sure help in that competition haha. Jimi says final results should be up Thursday or so, as Tom here already stated.

There is no magical tire tree for the Rivals but if you watch the delivery dates on Tirerack and buy in bulk you can get away with not having ABS. Besides, several nasty wrecks have happened in the last couple of years with the aftermarket ABS systems.

Beater79TA 05-18-2017 09:05 AM

Final LSFest West results are posted at this link.

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/201...event_results/

BADNBLK 04-25-2018 09:39 AM

BUMP!!!!

LS FEST WEST 2018 is happening next week may 4th, 5th, 6th!!!! I'm going out again, but this time just to hang with my friends and ride in some fast cars. My car is still down for this event.

If anyone wants to meet from TGO hit me up. Beater79TA I'm excited to finally meet you and Val.

Beater79TA 04-25-2018 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6217533)
BUMP!!!!

LS FEST WEST 2018 is happening next week may 4th, 5th, 6th!!!! I'm going out again, but this time just to hang with my friends and ride in some fast cars. My car is still down for this event.

If anyone wants to meet from TGO hit me up. Beater79TA I'm excited to finally meet you and Val.

You're only allowed to attend TGO functions if you bring your car. You know the rules Brandon. J/K

We're running the FM3 Cars and Cones event this week ending in Raleigh on Friday at GoodGuys, then spending the weekend in Atlanta at Summit Motorama. Then it's back across the country to participate in LSFest West before going back east for MidWest Muscle Car at Putnam Park in Indiana. May will be a busy month with 3 events (Vegas, Terre Haute IN, and Springfield MO).

BADNBLK 04-25-2018 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA (Post 6217535)
You're only allowed to attend TGO functions if you bring your car. You know the rules Brandon. J/K

We're running the FM3 Cars and Cones event this week ending in Raleigh on Friday at GoodGuys, then spending the weekend in Atlanta at Summit Motorama. Then it's back across the country to participate in LSFest West before going back east for MidWest Muscle Car at Putnam Park in Indiana. May will be a busy month with 3 events (Vegas, Terre Haute IN, and Springfield MO).

You guys are my autocross hero's! Bring that sparkly helmet, and a jar or two with you, I'm coming for a good time!

Beater79TA 04-25-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6217540)
You guys are my autocross hero's! Bring that sparkly helmet, and a jar or two with you, I'm coming for a good time!

Those jars are worth their weight in gold on the west coast. The next batch of those to come back will get traded for an engine for the 67 I need to start building.

BADNBLK 04-25-2018 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA (Post 6217542)
Those jars are worth their weight in gold on the west coast. The next batch of those to come back will get traded for an engine for the 67 I need to start building.

Sweet. Man I need to bring something from CO that has value outside of CO.... HAHAHA

Beater79TA 04-25-2018 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6217545)
Sweet. Man I need to bring something from CO that has value outside of CO.... HAHAHA

That's also legal for recreational use in Nevada so it isn't worth driving out with. They even have delivery services if you don't want to drive to the dispensary to pick it up.

BADNBLK 04-25-2018 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA (Post 6217546)
That's also legal for recreational use in Nevada so it isn't worth driving out with. They even have delivery services if you don't want to drive to the dispensary to pick it up.

Damn you know way more about that **** than I do! HAHA Or know how to have a better time in Vegas than I do lol. Anyway! See you guys Friday. If you run into any troubles from here to there that I can help with, reach out man.

Beater79TA 04-25-2018 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 6217547)
Damn you know way more about that **** than I do! HAHA Or know how to have a better time in Vegas than I do lol. Anyway! See you guys Friday. If you run into any troubles from here to there that I can help with, reach out man.

It was all over the news in AZ when it passed in Nevada. The delivery services were an interesting find when someone at work wondered if you could have it delivered. Amazing what turns up on Google.