Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Third Gen Items! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/miscellaneous-third-gen-items/)
-   -   Anybody Wanna Trade? (amplifier) (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/miscellaneous-third-gen-items/543509-anybody-wanna-trade-amplifier.html)

92RS_Ben 09-25-2009 08:28 PM

Anybody Wanna Trade? (amplifier)

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I have a nice Orion "Cobalt Series" 150 Watt, 2 Ch. amp that I would like to trade. I know that it does work. The guy I got it from pushed 2 12's with it no problem. I do not have the plugs for it, but new plugs are only $15 on eBay. I am open to just about anything audio wise. Here's some pics.

Attachment 425768
Attachment 425769
Attachment 425770

Thanks
Benjamin.

87 WHITE GTA 09-25-2009 09:33 PM

Re: Anybody Wanna Trade?

Is that stereo or Mono?

92RS_Ben 09-25-2009 10:11 PM

I'm gonna say that it is a stereo since it has a left and right output with a bridged indicator.

Thanks
Benjamin.

V6F1R3BRD 09-25-2009 10:38 PM

:iagree:

87 WHITE GTA 09-26-2009 01:08 PM

I thought it was a Class D amp (for subs only)..cuz eventhough it has left and right both COULD be mono...buuut if it was meant to drive subs it wouldnt have a High Pass Filter.(HPF).=]Therefore it is stereo (Class A/B i think?)

I just dont see many 2 channel stereo around too much .

Meaning I could use this to drive a pair of tweeters...right?

What are u looking to trade it for?

mtwlkn122 09-26-2009 02:40 PM

Man that is old school...i have one of them in my closet some where. I like you dont have the pigtail for it either but idk if it even works tho. Either way they dont make amps like that anymore. Personally i think the old amps were alot better then the new ones(power wise not efficiency)

ellocojorge 09-26-2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by mtwlkn122 (Post 4294875)
Man that is old school...i have one of them in my closet some where. I like you dont have the pigtail for it either but idk if it even works tho. Either way they dont make amps like that anymore. Personally i think the old amps were alot better then the new ones(power wise not efficiency)

idk about that, now a days u can find amps making 20k watts

mtwlkn122 09-26-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ellocojorge (Post 4294915)
idk about that, now a days u can find amps making 20k watts

Haha this is true. Im just saying in general an older amp rated at lets say 1000 watts at 1ohm is usually better then the new ones rated at 1000 watts at 1ohm. Most of this is due to so many companies claiming there amps are capable of such and such and really arnt but ask any old school car audio guy...there is alot of older car audio stuff out there that will still pound the crap out of alot of the newer more expensive car audio stuff. Dont get me wrong some of the new stuff is insane...im just saying in general it is true

92RS_Ben 09-26-2009 07:52 PM

87 WHITE GTA, IDK, what do you got.

I had an older Sony Xplod 600 watt amp that hit fairly good on a mini-sub that I have that may also be for trade. I like the older stuff.

Thanks
Benjamin.

87 WHITE GTA 09-26-2009 08:27 PM

Well..I dont kno how much that amp is worth...so I dont wanna low ball you

I have an old Delco head unit that came off a cadillac seville with EQ and DNR
Also a cassete alpine head unit.
A pioneer cassete head unit.
Couple of stock speakers
etc.

92RS_Ben 09-26-2009 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I may be interested in the 2 aftermarket head units. Got any pics of them. The main thing that I'm really looking for is Alpine speakers, amp, subs. Basically anything Alpine. Here's the head unit that is in my '81 pickup. I got this thing for free because the guy couldn't get it to work. He had it hooked up wrong. It's going into the '92 RS that I'm trying to sell my truck to get.
Attachment 425713

Thanks
Benjamin.

87 WHITE GTA 09-27-2009 04:52 PM

Is that a 9885?
pretty nice unit.
wouldve gotten that unit if i didnt have to buy a separate processor for time aligment.
I'll post pics of my cassete units soon

92RS_Ben 09-27-2009 05:38 PM

Ya, it's a 9885. I like it. I have had it almost a year. it should look great in the '92 I'm getting.

I may also trade it for another amp if you have one.

Thanks
Benjamin.

92RS_Ben 10-01-2009 04:00 PM

Any pics?

87 WHITE GTA 10-02-2009 03:39 PM

Damn..Im really sorry man,had forgotten about this thread.
I dunno if I really want the amp without the plugs though...
Are those easy to find?
Could u post an ebay link?

92RS_Ben 10-02-2009 04:00 PM

Here's a link to the ebay ad.
http://cgi.ebay.com/some-PPI-Infinit...#ht_3658wt_909

The guy I got the amp from used these plugs. I wasn't too far off with the cost.

Thanks
Benjamin.

87 WHITE GTA 10-02-2009 04:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics:

***Pioneer was the 1st radio I ever owned. was working ok when I pulled it out about 2 years ago.

***The alpine is missing a wiring harness..it was in my friends 92 altima before he totaled...asked him if I could have the radio and he gave it to me without it.Shows signs of wear.It was working back then as well

87 WHITE GTA 10-05-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 92RS_Ben (Post 4295228)
I may be interested in the 2 aftermarket head units. Got any pics of them. The main thing that I'm really looking for is Alpine speakers, amp, subs. Basically anything Alpine. Here's the head unit that is in my '81 pickup. I got this thing for free because the guy couldn't get it to work. He had it hooked up wrong. It's going into the '92 RS that I'm trying to sell my truck to get.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/S6300107.jpg

Thanks
Benjamin.

Would you like to trade your alpine headunit for my eclipse 8445?

heres the good stuff:

It has time aligment (makes the sound from all speakers arrive at your ears at the same time)

Customizable animations

customizable backgrounds

8 VOLT preamp output (thats twice the alpine's pre amp voltage(4v) ,higher pre out voltage means ur can set ur amp gains much lower,meaning less noise)

It has an external noise supressor.

Rca aux input

With a sony magicgate card (like the ones cameras use) you can record songs straight from the radio to the card, aaaand not only that:

You can download driving directions from the eclipse website and the map will display on the radio, kind of a gps.

It has a 7 band PARAMETRIC equalizer.You can adjust frequency gain,median frequency and and Q (sharpness)

why do I wanna trade it?

I love that specific model looks and the fact it matches my lighting....

my amps inputs are only 4v...so the alpine is a perfect match.

let me knoo if you are interested...

92RS_Ben 10-05-2009 06:26 PM

I don't really want to get rid of it, but if I decide too, I'll keep you in mind. I may not end up getting the '92 RS, since I can't find a buyer for my truck.

Thanks
Benjamin.