Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   North East Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/north-east-region/)
-   -   New England ThirdGen Club Name (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/north-east-region/442401-new-england-thirdgen-club.html)

AC 09-29-2007 08:56 PM

New England ThirdGen Club Name

Well folks, after many weeks of talking, a couple of gatherings and more and more talking we've taken the suggestions of all who submitted and polled them in this thread. Take your pick of what you want and we'll take the name for the club that had the most votes. Voting will close and a name for the club will be chosen on October 7th. Dennis or I will send an email to all who've expressed interest in the club via email. After the name is chosen we'd like to get started on a club logo, graphic, etc. Somethin we could leave with people interested on a simple card and leave for others at gathering and events.

The club name choices are:

#1 NEFBA (New England F-Body Association)
#2 NEFCC (New England Firebird & Camaro Club)
#3 NECFC (New England Camaro & Firebird Club)
#4 CFCNE (Camaro & Firebird Club of New England)
#5 NECF (New England Camaro & Firebird Club)
#6 CMR-TGO (CT, MA, RI, Thirdgen Organization)
#7 NETGO (New England Third Gen Organization)
#8 TGCFONE (Third Gen Camaro Firebird Owners of New England)

NO other choices / suggestions were made in the last 3 weeks so this is what we have to choose from. You may either reply to this with your vote, PM Dennis and I, or email Dennis and I giving your choice.

Camaro5690 10-07-2007 09:56 PM

Re: New England ThirdGen Club Name

Name 3, and 5 are the same, just have different acronyms.

AC 10-08-2007 07:36 AM

Camaro, thanks for pointing that out but we knew that. The acronym is different therefore it would appear differently in any sort of gfx :D

Brother Al 10-09-2007 05:26 PM

ah hell i missed the post! LOL well you know mine AC: NETGO!

F-Bobby 10-27-2007 11:51 PM

you cannot call it new england fbody association. That name is copyrighted. and you would be damn lucky to get this club going as its been tried for years and theres just not enough interest in this area to keep it going.

tourville 10-28-2007 09:30 AM

well obviously its not new england fbody ***... the name that won is New england camaro & firebird club. and we are already off to a great start... had two meets already with basicly no time frame notice... just so we could meet up before winter comes. and we are getting together the by laws etc and already helping eachother on our cars. I would say we have at least fifteen members as of right now for sure. and i dont see the need for you to down it.. really its either you would want to be in it.. or you just dont. theres no need for the negativity

F-Bobby 10-28-2007 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by tourville (Post 3512343)
well obviously its not new england fbody ***... the name that won is New england camaro & firebird club. and we are already off to a great start... had two meets already with basicly no time frame notice... just so we could meet up before winter comes. and we are getting together the by laws etc and already helping eachother on our cars. I would say we have at least fifteen members as of right now for sure. and i dont see the need for you to down it.. really its either you would want to be in it.. or you just dont. theres no need for the negativity

im not downing it I'm glad someone else is picking up where I and the other old staff of Nefbody left off. I was gonna try to start another club but there was no real interest up here. Looks liek youve got a group that wants ti to work. Im just sayin, that it has been tried many times before and there just never seems to be enough interest to keep it goin. If this thing really gets goin then more power to ya. I'll definalty come down to a meet. Let me know when it is, Hopefully ill have a functioning car to show up in.

AC 10-28-2007 02:24 PM

F-Bobby, so you want to join?? PM Dennisbernal91Z or I with your nick, town,state, and short car stats and you're in. We're in the infancy if this club but yes, we do have a solid group of 6-7 people who seem dedicated. Regarding the NE F-body Assoc group I have to say if its the same group that I saw on the website I wasn't all that impressed and further more saw a few cars that were highlighted that weren't even F-bodies. NO, I'm not bashing them I'm just saying maybe the interest that wasn't seen was a result of the overall theme,message,orginization....I don't know..
Our's is a 82-92 F-body group and I'm happy to see the interest we have thus far.

Paigesdad 10-29-2007 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by F-Bobby (Post 3512368)
im not downing it I'm glad someone else is picking up where I and the other old staff of Nefbody left off. I was gonna try to start another club but there was no real interest up here. Looks liek youve got a group that wants ti to work. Im just sayin, that it has been tried many times before and there just never seems to be enough interest to keep it goin. If this thing really gets goin then more power to ya. I'll definalty come down to a meet. Let me know when it is, Hopefully ill have a functioning car to show up in.

I was just asked to join another fledgling New England club, the NEW ENGLAND FIREBIRD AUTO CLUB. Its open to all generations and designation of Firebird. From what I am told, it was formed about a month ago and has about 12-15 members so far.

Here is their current webpage

myspace.com/nefirebirdautoclub

LeadFootedRacer 11-29-2007 05:28 PM

i wouldn't mind joining a car club. anyone need another member?

Celticsfan 11-29-2007 07:46 PM

http://www.necamaro-firebird.org/forum/ theres the club site
welcome

F-Bobby 12-01-2007 01:40 PM

yeah If you guys really get this up and running I will definalty join up. It might give me the inspiration i need to finish my formula.

John in RI 12-04-2007 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm registered,................

I too have watched a few attempts made at a local club; even met a few of the guys from NEFBody on my way home from a show in Mass a coupe years back. My feeling is that with just a couple real motivated members this new Org will have a chance at real success.

I smell an early summer car show brewing,........

:driving: