Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/northern-california/)
-   -   KITT is a 'Stang? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/northern-california/458265-kitt-stang.html)

Daniel U 01-28-2008 01:15 AM

KITT is a 'Stang?

:eek: I just saw this:
http://www.knightridermovie.com/
What is the world coming to? "The End" is definitely near. It just made a gloomy day worse. Where's the Paxil?

Kevin91Z 01-28-2008 01:19 AM

Re: KITT is a 'Stang?

Welcome to two weeks ago! Its been posted all over these boards.

Darkshot 01-28-2008 01:20 AM

Personally? Good riddance!

Daniel U 01-28-2008 01:21 AM

Sorry, been busy. I only get the local channel and don't surf the internet that much. :doh: That's so last month. Again sorry.

Cadillac 01-28-2008 10:30 AM

Yeah, I saw the commercial yesterday and my stomach turned a little.

Screw that. It's just wrong.

3rdBird 01-30-2008 01:14 AM

Its a shame. Hopefully Hollywood doesn't do a remake of Smokey & the Bandit and substitute in a bunch of Chargers or Mustangs! It does show that GM isnt really doing anything in the perf category except focusing on Corvettes & turning Cavaliers into GTO's. Leave it to GM to make something good then turn it off...example killing off Camaros, Firebirds & Impalas. Sorry for the rant.

joshh44 01-30-2008 01:29 AM

they had the camaro in the transformer movie.
and a mustang. and that mustang got killed by the camaro. i think thats pretty rad for the chevy camaro right there. and then BOOM! the camaro shows up.

says guest apparence of david hasslehoff showing. i wonder if he will be driving the old kitt car.
is this acturally a movie at the theaters or a TV series? or just a random TV movie with commercials every 15ish mins?

kahless 01-30-2008 01:39 AM

I believe it is a start of a new series.

Check out my pics!!!!!!!!!

joshh44 01-30-2008 01:45 AM

well im going to watch the movie part when it shows. i want to see how this will be with the mustang.

koolcutta 02-05-2008 11:20 PM

Well if you guys remeber they made team knight rider in 1997 and it was canceled 22 ep later in 1998. IF you remeber the cars they were all ford Mustang, F150, Explorer and two motorcycle looking things. Chances is no one remebers because one 98 Trans am would of been so much better. then talking fords.

vindeezl 02-06-2008 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by koolcutta (Post 3627769)
Well if you guys remeber they made team knight rider in 1997 and it was canceled 22 ep later in 1998. IF you remeber the cars they were all ford Mustang, F150, Explorer and two motorcycle looking things. Chances is no one remebers because one 98 Trans am would of been so much better. then talking fords.

Heh I remember that as a fan and DVD box set owner :thumbsup:

Turd of a show that was... I really hope the new one is better and will give it a shot but have low expectations with modern day TV.

Originally Posted by joshh44 (Post 3618994)
says guest apparence of david hasslehoff showing. i wonder if he will be driving the old kitt car.

From the 2-minute preview it looks like they are parting it out like your typical 3rdgen haha

UnderCover89TBI 02-06-2008 11:55 AM

i damn near spit out my drink when i saw this commercial

87tpi 02-06-2008 01:15 PM

Eh, it looks like it might be ok. Except for the hoff apperance. I heard that if the ratings are good with the movie then they'll do a series. Either way, it's a car movie with a sweet car so I'll watch it. My son is excited about it. He has my Night rider dvd's in his room that he watches like I used to when I was a kid.

Guy In A 90 RS 02-07-2008 12:26 AM

I think the original car makes a cameo appearence. . . I was at the movies last weekend and they showed the new Knight Rider. . . the old KITT was pretty much left abondoned in a warehouse, covered in dust. . . the new cast of characters was looking over it, wondering what it was- the hood was either up or taken off. . . don't remember as my eyes were fixed at the ol' TPI setup. . . :rolleyes:

89RS_82Z 02-17-2008 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel U (Post 3616467)
Where's the Paxil?

i agree, but atleast its not a rice burner...............dont know if i will watch it, i may tivo it so i can fast foward through the most of it

Duane's 91 Z/28 02-18-2008 09:42 AM

OH man we have gas prices pushing 4 bucks a gallon, a woman and a zebra running for president, constant terrorists threats, and now a Mustang as KITT!! Whats this world coming to?? :doh: I about flipped when I saw that!!

Daniel U 02-18-2008 10:03 AM

I admit that I watched the 2 hr. premire last night. The highlight being a shot of an old TPI intake sitting on a work bench next to the old bird. GM needs a TV show.

Ramair21 02-18-2008 10:31 AM

That was the best part of the show. Seeing the TPI motor. But I thought the old KITT had a cross fire injection?? I fell asleep 1hr into it... ITs NOT THE SAME!!! They could at least used the old KITT voice:(

Daniel U 02-18-2008 11:09 AM

Correct, the TPI wouldn't have existed in '83. At least there was some GM existence in the show. Besides, TPI is much better looking than the crossfire.

87tpi 02-18-2008 11:32 AM

I thought it was ok. I didn't like that they showed the tpi when Kitt was an 82. I also though it was lame that they used cgi for some of the shots. You would think it would be easier to just film the car driving down the road than to do it on a computer. Most of the cgi was good except for when they pulled into LV. and a couple other parts.

vindeezl 02-18-2008 12:47 PM

I enjoyed the show but yes the CG had to go, just those couple of shots on the freeway looked like a hot wheels car youtube video.

TraviZ had a good response in that GM hooked up Knight industries with the prototype TPI manifold ahead of time.

vexter 02-23-2008 10:26 PM

just finished watching the first episode which i thought was quite ghey. it was a bad idea to begin with and the execution was cheesy. there was nothing original about the technology. the only cool thing was the female fbi agent who likes girls... :)