Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/nw-indiana-south-chicago/)
-   -   IMPORTANT!!! Help me find my car!!! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/nw-indiana-south-chicago/232980-important-help-me-find.html)

LFN AT U 04-01-2004 10:57 PM

IMPORTANT!!! Help me find my car!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I sold my blue/silver '87 Trans Am on Sunday. However, I found out today that the cashier's check he paid with was fake. Luckily, I got the guy's information from his driver's license (as long as it's good). I figure he may part the car out but I really think he'll try to sell the car cheap for some quick money. I figure there's a good chance somebody here will find it. I've got to wait a couple days for the checks to be returned and then the I can finish up the police report on it. I really think the car is going to turn up but I need everybody's help to find it. It's a pretty rare color combination so it shouldn't be too hard to spot. The guy who bought it is:

Arthur Smith
3026 Stafford Dr.
Markham, IL 60426

I have not checked out this address yet but I don't think he lives there any more. I believe the car is in Chicago.

If anybody knows anything about this guy or the car please let me know. Thanks!!!

xpndbl3 04-01-2004 11:30 PM

that really sucks....hope they catch the bastard.

FruityOne 04-02-2004 12:04 AM

You know, if you had posted this yesterday I might have thought it was an April Fools joke.

I'll keep an eye out. I don't think he'd be stupid enough to make a Autotrader ad, but it never hurts to check.

thepoz89 04-02-2004 02:01 AM

STOLEN CAR

Needless to say, I hope you made a police report. Hopefully the cops can find it before it too late...

bbtaz97 04-02-2004 08:49 AM

wow i like that car.. i hope nothing happens to it. that is a sweet color combo. Ill keep my eyes open out here in the burbs

AJ_92RS 04-02-2004 03:34 PM

I'm sure I won't see him, but I posted a this on two other message boards in the "Midwest Regions".

One was www.mx6.com and the other was www.nastyz28.com

I just asked them to notify the police if they're pretty damn sure it's the same car or guy. We don't need 1,000 people calling the police because their friend's neighbor's cousin's girlfriend knows a guy with a blue T/A. :rolleyes:

Best of luck Denny.

RockinGTA89 04-03-2004 01:02 AM

damn sorry to hear that denny..
but will totally be on a look out for this car..
when i'm driving on the streets...i'm always looking for 3rd gens.
just for the heck of it..but i'll do my part as a fellow 3rd gen. to see that this bastard will be brought down to justice...
if he's in the chicagoland area...we'll keep our eyes open :mad:

Trans Am#5 04-03-2004 09:35 PM

Denny, PM me his drivers license # and if you got a plate from the car he originally showed up in and I'll see what I can do on Tuesday when I go to work.

SOLID LIFTER 04-03-2004 09:52 PM

:mad: Man that sucks! I hope you can get your car back in one piece and maybe put this a__hole behind bars for awhile. :(

SOLID LIFTER 04-07-2004 10:51 PM

Any news?

Trans Am#5 04-08-2004 05:35 PM

Denny....you have a PM.

86NiteRider 04-16-2004 09:34 AM

Denny I live in Markham and any way I can help let me know. I am willing to go find this address.