Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/nw-indiana-south-chicago/)
-   -   Welp, looks like i am done (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/nw-indiana-south-chicago/372883-welp-looks-like-i.html)

9D1BURD 06-23-2006 09:00 AM

Welp, looks like i am done

With the thirdgen that is, someone has finally made me a decent offer on my car:thumbsup:

I will know for sure on sunday when he comes to drive it, but it seems like a done deal. I have had lots of fun with it, learned tons, and met a alot of great people. I will still be out to the gatherings, just in my 4th gen:doh:

Jer-assuming this does not fall through, expect a call from me:D

3.8TransAM 06-23-2006 03:35 PM

We will still talk to u I guess.:lol:

U must swear an oath in front of us all, when times are better you will re-thirdgen yourself

Something like " I Tim do solemnly swear"

I'm gonna be sad to see her go, got lots of my blood, sweat and tears in it too.

later
Jeremy

9D1BURD 06-23-2006 03:49 PM

Yeah, i want another one in the very near future. Like this winter more than likely. I would like to get the z somewhat where i want it first. Cant afford to play with both, let alone the 50+ a month i will save in the insurance now.

Anyways, almost every event i have went too with this board has been in my 4th gen:lol:

xpndbl3 06-23-2006 07:49 PM

another 4th genner....ut oh. The whole board is changing over :lol: Jeremy and I are going to be the only ones left with thirdgens, not too mention if I ever have to sell mine I have WAY to much into it now. But good luck on your fourth gen tim, I believe that's the one with stripes right?

1992rs/ss 06-26-2006 08:26 PM

sad to see it go. was a nice bird.

Camarothatcould 06-27-2006 12:19 AM

4th gen what? Sissy car? huh? softer suspension? chick ride?

:p

DuronClocker 06-27-2006 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
4th gen what? Sissy car? huh? softer suspension? chick ride?

:p

I've never seen a cam-only 12-second thirdgen, let alone a 10-sec head/cam/headers car that still got good gas mileage. Stock interior, stereo, ride quality, and transmission are all better, especially for daily driving.

Upgrade the swaybars and shocks and you have a car that handles as good as a modified thirdgen. The stock 17mm rear swaybar doesn't do much in the way of handling.. lol :D

xpndbl3 06-27-2006 07:08 PM

i've seen a 10 second heads/cam/headers thirdgen.....but what is this gas mileage thing? i mean i get 7 mpg around town with the stall and gears. so i'm happy.

SOLOMOTORSPORTS 06-27-2006 11:11 PM

Dean If you wants to see a 10sec. stock shortblock thirdgen we can go to the track some day:hmmm:

9D1BURD 06-28-2006 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by SOLOMOTORSPORTS
Dean If you wants to see a 10sec. stock shortblock thirdgen we can go to the track some day:hmmm:

DING DING DING, we have a winner. But wait........isn't that a 4th gen drivetrain you are talking about:lol: :huh:

Thirdgen89GTA 06-28-2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 9D1BURD
DING DING DING, we have a winner. But wait........isn't that a 4th gen drivetrain you are talking about:lol: :huh:

Details, details....

If I stuck a LS7 into my GTA (not that I could afford to) I could say the motor is stock. :burnout:

91CamaroRS305 06-28-2006 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by 9D1BURD

But at the same time couldnt we say the 4th gen Maros and Birds have a Vette's drivetrain??? sorry being a smart ***

dodger65 06-28-2006 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by 91CamaroRS305
But at the same time couldnt we say the 4th gen Maros and Birds have a Vette's drivetrain??? sorry being a smart ***

....everybody is mistaken on that one... the vettes actually have an f-body drivetrain in them....:lmao:

3.8TransAM 06-29-2006 04:03 PM

I would be willing to put money on that it is possible to make a 12 sec cam only thirdgen.

Bottom 13's arent that hard to come by if u take your time.

Some careful cam selection and real tuning and I could easily see you picking up the next .3-.4 easily enough.

later
Jeremy

DuronClocker 06-29-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 91CamaroRS305

:confused: Didn't the '86 F-body receive the '85 Corvette's L98? :)

Jeremy, okay, fine, 11 second cam-only NA 4th gens :)

EDIT: Actually I don't mean for this to be a third gen vs. fourth gen thing. I love thirdgens too, duh! In fact, I will probably buy a Formula or a '91-92 Camaro with a 350 again and boost it some day.