Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Organized Drag Racing and Autocross (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/organized-drag-racing-autocross/)
-   -   Pinks All Out Maple Grove 2010 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/organized-drag-racing-autocross/583028-pinks-all-out-maple.html)

89Warbird 08-07-2010 12:04 AM

Pinks All Out Maple Grove 2010

Don't know if you guys saw this one. But a Third-Gen Camaro made the finals. He was racing a Mustang. The Mustang won the first run when the Camaro was left sleeping on the line. Then the Mustang broke and couldn't make another run (Brakes). So the Camaro just has to make two singles to win, he jumped before the start of the first run and Rich and the rest of the MORONS on Pinks All Out DISQUALIFIED HIM!!!!!
Then to add to the stupidity Rich decided to bring back the two semi-final losers, both Mopars, and let them race for the win and the cash!!!!
I have NEVER seen or heard of BOTH finalist being disqualified and the losing semi-finalist being allowed to race for the win!!!!!
Rich was the one that made this decision himself. He readily admits his preference for Mopars and of course his troupe claim the same, whether it's true or not. So Rich changed his own rules to see a Mopar win!

AlkyIROC 08-07-2010 09:24 AM

Re: Pinks All Out Maple Grove 2010

That's such a stupid show. I have yet to meet a real racer that thinks that's racing. It's a format to entertain a TV audience only.

RS Chris 08-07-2010 09:50 PM

That is the lamest thing ever. Can't believe they got away with disqualifying the one guy.

KWIK84 08-08-2010 04:02 PM

Finally saw the repeat of that show....the problem arises is that they have to win 2 out of three, mustang wins first one then breaks, camaro, basically red-lights #2, so he loses, but there is not a winner. 1 race left, and he will not be able to win 2 rounds. Right or wrong, those were the rules given to them from the beginning. When we cross the stripe to pull into the burnout box, we know the rules and what will happen if we don't follow them. :2cents:

AlkyIROC 08-09-2010 12:22 AM

They're trying to run a race without the benefit of an accurate timing system. Get rid of chicken man with his arms flapping and let the timing system do it's job.

five7kid 08-11-2010 06:29 PM

They are filming here this weekend. I got in it in 2008 and made it through the first 32 but lost in the 16 at the drop (couldn't see him with the way the lighting was set up, including a TV light in my back seat that was glaring off my glasses).

I got an entry for this year, but sold it when I broke the car last week. I really don't mind, they wouldn't be picking me, I'm sure.

But, you're right, Stephen - it isn't a race, it's a "reality show" filming. It does draw a crowd, I'll give him credit for that. Our cable provider changed the Speed Channel to a premium channel this spring, so I haven't watched any of it for a long time. Can't say my life is any worse for it - too much NASCAR.

As for what happened at Maple Grove, when you have a single, you don't lose unless you don't leave the line. To DQ a guy for leaving early is total :bs: . They've had plenty of times when someone runs a single and putts down the track - why didn't they DQ those guys for "sand bagging"??? Isnt' the premise that you have to run "all out"??? :idiot:

five7kid 08-11-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by AlkyIROC (Post 4636087)
They're trying to run a race without the benefit of an accurate timing system. Get rid of chicken man with his arms flapping and let the timing system do it's job.

They run the timing system, just not the tree. Run too fast, you're DQ'd. But, the timing system won't tell you if someone leaves early - have to go to the tape to figure that out.

"Chicken Man" came up with a format that brings people out. I'll give him credit for that. More screw-ups like MG, though, and he's going to alienate his audience.

(There was a screw-up in Denver in '08 - cameraman stepped over the starting line beams, tripped the timing system, the racer never got staged. At least they fixed that one before the next round.)

Tony V 08-13-2010 09:11 AM

The reason the guy was DQ'd was that "chicken man" had previously DQ'd two other racers for the very same thing that occurred in the final.

He made the right call. The fact that the racers that competed in the final were Mopars was pure coincidence, IMO...

The show may not represent pure drag racing, but that $10,000 sure looks real enough...

gtpro700 08-13-2010 12:03 PM

I still dont understand how the show doesnt represent drag racing????? There are two cars racing to see who wins.... where am I going wrong here? sounds like drag racing to me. This is old school drag racing by an arm drop which seems more like drag racing to me because you cant essentially set your car up to cut perfect lights this way thus making it more difficult off an arm drop.

t-top havoc 08-13-2010 02:15 PM

Mustang legit winner?

(1) Camaro snoozes & lost 1st round to Mustang......Mustang +1
(2) Mustang broke...BUT...Camaro left early......Mustang +2...???
{ or the Mustang didn't line up?? }

( edit )
I get it now...

five7kid 08-13-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tony V (Post 4640433)
He made the right call.

If the Mustang didn't stage, he made the wrong call.

danandamy 08-13-2010 05:52 PM

I've never heard of being DQ'ed running single. Don't get me wrong, I think the show is ok but the bottom line is they're filming for entertaining tv. In other words, taping all day for a show for THe FINAl CLIMAX TO BE mustang breaks in the first round camaro runs two basically bye runs and wins, that doesn't make for good tv. So I'd say it's crap but then again, you have to know that's what you're signing up for when you go on there.

Dan

five7kid 08-14-2010 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by danandamy (Post 4640863)
I'd say it's crap but then again, you have to know that's what you're signing up for when you go on there.

:iagree:

RS Chris 08-15-2010 07:07 PM

:iagree::iagree:Still think it's BS they DQed the guy. But what are you gonna do? Have an arm flapping contest with "chicken man", he does that all day you know he would totally win, or DQ you.

mod313 09-17-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RS Chris (Post 4642827)
:iagree::iagree:Still think it's BS they DQed the guy. But what are you gonna do? Have an arm flapping contest with "chicken man", he does that all day you know he would totally win, or DQ you.

I talked with Ed this past weekend at E-town. He was ok with it all. He said he just wanted to make a couple runs and ended up in the final. Said he had fun and still made some cash leading up to it. The show is totally lame with how they broadcast it now.