Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Power Adders (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/)
-   -   Decided to sell Twin Turbo Setup (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/264399-decided-sell-twin-turbo.html)

Kingtal0n 10-20-2004 08:57 PM

Decided to sell Twin Turbo Setup

And everything else on/inside the motor/car

everything is up on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Thats the link to my turbo setup, if you want to see the rest just "check other auctions" Its all up including stealthram, commander 950, pistons, rods, etc...

if you have any questions email me Kingtal0n@aol.com

89JYturbo 10-21-2004 06:36 PM

I would love to see the 650RWHP dyno sheet. Last I heard you never had the thing running properly before you damaged the engine. Did you make a second attempt??

Steven89Iroc 10-24-2004 10:56 AM

^^^ ditto :)

I emailed you about the engine and never got a reply. Did you ever recieve it? Let me know.

Kingtal0n 10-24-2004 11:01 AM

Actually guys a friend put the auction up for me and he put those numbers on it, not me. I do remember telling him it was making thereabouts 650whp, but i never said i dynoed it in at that. All things considered, i know it could make more than that if it was on a good motor.

I found my knock in my motor last weekend, THREE SPUN BEARINGS! the rod bearings were all ok, but the crank bearings, three in the center, were all spun. SO BAD in fact, the main caps of the block had been scraped and mushed up. nasty stuff, that. I suppose that accounts to my no-power situation with my turbos? I am tempted NOT to sell the setup and stick them on this other 350 i have sitting here, but its a stock 350 from 85' and I dont think it could take the pressure. but im still tempted...

Most of the crap is on ebay now. if the stealthram and turbo setup doesnt sell, i may just hook it up to the stock motor and get some actual dyno numbers. Well, i suppose this time around ill actually keep oil in the motor huh ?

89JYturbo 10-24-2004 11:05 AM

Your buddy must be a real salesman. No offense, but did a detect a little BS in that add! J/K

Kingtal0n 10-24-2004 11:12 AM

Originally posted by 89JYturbo
Your buddy must be a real salesman. No offense, but did a detect a little BS in that add! J/K
yeah he works for best buy lol. all of that info is from me, and it doesnt actually say "dyno proven horsepower" or anything. If you think it is too BS-ish i have access to the name and I will change it. I dont want to seem like i have to lie about anything, the notepad document my friend used had all the info about the "ugly" parts of the setup, and you can check out my web site for every piece of info on how it was built, what was used, how the welds look, etc... there is nothing hidden from the person who chooses to buy it.

I would ask a ton less for it, but the damn turbos alone would run you over $1100 new the way they are modified from a syty direct market. I am temped to sell the turbos on ebay alone, i could almost get for them what im asking for the entire setup! this guy turbomeastro sells them too, and he gets $750 for the STOCK syclone turbos.

Steven89Iroc 10-24-2004 12:47 PM

Okay, so I don't want the engine. :D
I might be interested in some other parts, I'll PM you.

Kingtal0n 10-24-2004 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Steven89Iroc
Okay, so I don't want the engine. :D
I might be interested in some other parts, I'll PM you.

all the parts are on ebay right now. search for the user name, clarityenhanceddiamonds

Steven89Iroc 10-24-2004 01:06 PM

I have already checked on Ebay, and not only do I not use Ebay, but you have stuff listed in large groups, I'm not interested in all of any one thing ($2000 Stealthram/commander setup for example). That's why I asked for individual price on some things.
If you don't want to separate anything just let me know and I won't bother you anymore.

nightrider87 10-24-2004 02:14 PM

i really hope you get teh 2500 for it man...but i'm not sure i would have made that my starting bid if you are really really trying to sell it.

Kingtal0n 10-24-2004 02:15 PM

Originally posted by nightrider87
i really hope you get teh 2500 for it man...but i'm not sure i would have made that my starting bid if you are really really trying to sell it.
I am not really really trying to sell it though. :D I guess I am hopeing no one buys it and I can use it again :D :cool:

89JYturbo 10-24-2004 07:03 PM

Originally posted by Kingtal0n
I am not really really trying to sell it though. :D I guess I am hopeing no one buys it and I can use it again :D :cool:
That sounds like something I would say! Its just fun to list stuff on eBay to kind get an idea of what it will go for. If it sells, you make out good, if it doesn't, you have a good sign that maybe you should just keep it and retry the turbo system (I hope you do too, because I would like to see how fast you can go with it in the quarter).

Kingtal0n 11-07-2004 06:09 PM

Sold the setup this week, got $3200 for turbo setup + commander 950 setup.

Kingtal0n 11-26-2004 06:30 PM

And here it is, my SR20DET conversion on my 240SX is done. Taking it to the track this week hopefully, feels quick on its feet...

So South Floridians keep your eyes out for a stock looking white 240 with hub caps sportin' a Sylvia motor. :D

And on another side note, the camaro will be back in action soon. We built a 383, but instead of a roots blower, the blower is going on ebay and we are sticking a D-1SC onto it. So it will continue life in this famliy.. :cool:

Mike-91 Formula 350 11-27-2004 01:51 PM

So South Floridians keep your eyes out for a stock looking white 240 with hub caps sportin' a Sylvia motor.
To bad I don't live in Florida so I could stomp the crap out of it with my S-10 ,track or highway either one.:D

nightrider87 11-27-2004 11:29 PM

that's a worthwhile post :doh:

Mike-91 Formula 350 11-28-2004 10:50 AM

About as worthwhile as watch out for my Nissan.

nightrider87 11-28-2004 02:22 PM

though i have no idea what the nissan can do, the guy had a twin turbo camaro...I'm sure the Nissan is packing heat.