Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Power Adders (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/)
-   -   Alternator relocation with supercharger (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/694353-alternator-relocation-supercharger.html)

Holmes 12-28-2013 10:23 PM

Alternator relocation with supercharger

Planning on finally getting my supercharger put on this winter/spring on my 91. The bracket I have is custom made and bolts into the driver's side head, so my alternator on my serpentine setup has to move. I was thinking of mounting it down where the smog pump used to be, spacing it in or out as needed. Anyone else run into this issue or has a custom belt setup where the alternator is on the passenger side I could take a look at?

HP52TA 12-30-2013 08:48 PM

Re: Alternator relocation with supercharger

This is the relocation bracket Procharger sells with their transplant kits.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-3LSAT...-3LSAT-001.htm

Its not cheap and get even dearer as you need to run a C6 corvette alternator.

What are you doing with your power steering pump, or have you gone to manual steering?

anesthes 12-31-2013 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Holmes (Post 5688586)
Planning on finally getting my supercharger put on this winter/spring on my 91. The bracket I have is custom made and bolts into the driver's side head, so my alternator on my serpentine setup has to move. I was thinking of mounting it down where the smog pump used to be, spacing it in or out as needed. Anyone else run into this issue or has a custom belt setup where the alternator is on the passenger side I could take a look at?

What supercharger is the bracket made for? Procharger? Vortech? Powerdyne?

-- Joe

akanitro 12-31-2013 06:00 PM

All you have to do is slot the bracket for the smog pump and a/c compressor at the top bolt for the alternator to fit. We just did this about 2 months ago on a chevelle with the TPI engine and old school Carroll Supercharger. It has been working fine since. We did also make a brace from the rear of the alternator to the front header bolt just for insurance.

Holmes 01-02-2014 09:50 PM

It's a Paxton blower, sn93, nothing too extreme

Originally Posted by akanitro (Post 5690119)
All you have to do is slot the bracket for the smog pump and a/c compressor at the top bolt for the alternator to fit. We just did this about 2 months ago on a chevelle with the TPI engine and old school Carroll Supercharger. It has been working fine since. We did also make a brace from the rear of the alternator to the front header bolt just for insurance.

This is something I was looking into, I'd split the alternator/ps bracket, and bolt the supercharger in and fit the alternator where the smog pump was. Wouldn't happen to have a pic of that setup, it would be great help

toronto formula 01-03-2014 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=Holmes;5691293]It's a Paxton blower, sn93, nothing too extreme

See attached photo of PS pump relocation and position of alternator on Paxton bracket (below PS pump on driver side)

Holmes 01-05-2014 11:49 PM

[quote=toronto formula;5691574]

Originally Posted by Holmes (Post 5691293)
It's a Paxton blower, sn93, nothing too extreme

See attached photo of PS pump relocation and position of alternator on Paxton bracket (below PS pump on driver side)

Thing's look so much easier with that bracket, I wish I had the original brackets for this.

cheesehomer 09-11-2017 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by akanitro (Post 5690119)

Akantro. I know this old an old post, BUT would you have a picture or two of how you did this mod for the alternator.