Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Problems / Help / Suggestions / Comments (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/problems-help-suggestions-comments/)
-   -   Making a ltx/lsx classifieds section (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/problems-help-suggestions-comments/601037-making-ltx-lsx-classifieds.html)

1nasty86 01-23-2011 05:06 PM

Making a ltx/lsx classifieds section

Who agrees we need this in the ltx/lsx section of third gen? Me and a few more members talked about it once. It would make it easier for swappers/buyers/sellers. It gets my vote.

90-irocdx3 01-23-2011 05:21 PM

Re: Making a ltx/lsx classifieds section

I agree it would make lsx parts easier to find!

Iroc'nthe87 01-23-2011 05:28 PM

Hell, even an "Official" ltx/lsx parts THREAD would be nice.

xpndbl3 01-23-2011 05:29 PM

sure hop on ls1tech and start listing away.....that's where all my stuff goes

one92rs 01-23-2011 05:38 PM

i know i would love one. i need those parts specifically. im a short block and 60e tranny away. well a few accessories also. i think it would be great.:lock:

3rdGenLs 01-23-2011 05:47 PM

Sounds good, makes it easier to search for parts one needs.

1nasty86 01-23-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by xpndbl3 (Post 4798307)

Mine too. But some people on here may not get on tech. I know I had a third gen. Account before tech

BlueZee28 01-23-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by xpndbl3 (Post 4798307)

The search feature in the classifieds on LS1tech is trash. It's impossible to find something relevant to what you're looking for without getting tons of useless threads in your results. Plus, you could post something at 10:00am and by dinner time it's all the way back on page 2.

That, and only some of the parts sold on there can be used in a 3rd gen swap, it's mostly just the engine/trans stuff that we can use. There's hardly ever any aftermarket suspension parts or other things that can be used on our cars.

It gets my vote. I really would like to see an LTx/LSx marketplace within this subforum.

TheMonster 01-23-2011 06:08 PM

I agree there should be an lt/ls classified board. I would also like a "general" board. Or an off-topic board as well. It seems there are a few things that don't belong anywhere else.

ZONES89RS 01-23-2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlueZee28 (Post 4798342)
The search feature in the classifieds on LS1tech is trash. It's impossible to find something relevant to what you're looking for without getting tons of useless threads in your results. Plus, you could post something at 10:00am and by dinner time it's all the way back on page 2.

That, and only some of the parts sold on there can be used in a 3rd gen swap, it's mostly just the engine/trans stuff that we can use. There's hardly ever any aftermarket suspension parts or other things that can be used on our cars.

It gets my vote. I really would like to see an LTx/LSx marketplace within this subforum.

I have no issues searching Tech, but i search in the FS section and it limits the threads that are pulled ofr a match.

White'89 01-23-2011 07:25 PM

A dedicated LSx/LTx section with a classified would be nice. I to have bought several things from LS1tech but I wouldn't mind helping out a fellow thirdgenner. And I'm almost never in the classifieds on this site(anymore) since there is nothing I need or have to sell that pertains to a 'normal' third gen.

+1
:goodidea:

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 07:30 PM

the classifieds board would be a possibility i bet for quicker results post in the suggestions and problems board

the off topic board has been mentioned 1000000000 times and wont ever happen on this board for one reason or another, probably for the best we all argue enough on the tech boards.

message jt on the classifieds board or post in problems board youll get a much faster response

Pocket 01-23-2011 07:59 PM

Id like to see a LTx/LSx classified forum or the sellers to atleast tag their posted with LT1/LS1 or whatever instead of something vague like "Garage sale" :huh:

There will never be a OT forum on this board. This is one of the most strictly technical forums on the net. Go to LS1tech or Fbody.com for an OT forum

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 08:12 PM

yeah it being so strict has to do a lot with its popularity and huge sponsor draw...the reason its just a tech board has a lot to do with its success, this board is advertised everywhere it seems

White'89 01-23-2011 08:31 PM

ALOT of online searchs you do pertaining to anything small block chevy related, and various other things usually send you back to this forum. Expanding the LSx/LTx here could add more wealth to the site and increase traffic, and increased traffic means more sponsors, while not straying to far from ThirdGens.:nod:

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 08:37 PM

good point as well. i flagged this post so that a mod or jt would see it...which is also a way to get a post noticed guys ;)

1nasty86 01-23-2011 08:40 PM

thank you dough boy. :D

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 08:41 PM

no prob....seems as if it has been moved already ;) whoooo whooo (for your amusment i poked my own tummy)

1nasty86 01-23-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pillsbry10 (Post 4798559)
no prob....seems as if it has been moved already ;) whoooo whooo (for your amusment i poked my own tummy)

Nice! Lmao. Hopefully this classifieds section really happens

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 08:50 PM

i feel like the lt/ls swaps are getting way more common now..it sure wouldnt hurt and would def help to have that kind of stuff out of the other classifieds.

you should try posting v6 parts and such for sale....those are impossible to sell in the classifieds with the hoards of v8 parts

itsMikey 01-23-2011 08:57 PM

would be nice considering lots of us are doing the swaps

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 09:00 PM

yeah and you all are sinners!!! lol ruining your tpi cars ;)

JT 01-23-2011 09:01 PM

I agree that the LSX and LTX swap is fairly popular. I put an LSX and LTX Classifieds section in our Classifieds, as well as linked to it from within the LSX and LTX Engine Swap section for extra exposure.

We'll see how it does.

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 09:03 PM

now thats fast service lol good luck guys

White'89 01-23-2011 09:07 PM

Agreed, and seeing the massive initiative the aftermarket has taken to providing LS/LT swap parts for just 3rd gens is amazing, not to mention new parts are constantly surfacing.

Pillsbry10 01-23-2011 09:10 PM

by the way guys while your browesing the classifieds if you see an lt/lsx listing flag it to be moved into that section

you wanted the section so do your part to make it successful ;)

one92rs 01-23-2011 09:15 PM

alright now start posting those lsx parts as i still need some.

TheMonster 01-24-2011 08:22 AM

Sweet! Thanks JT