Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   South Central Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-central-region/)
-   -   Anyone Still Active In The Houston Area (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-central-region/780183-anyone-still-active-houston.html)

akanitro 03-06-2022 07:01 AM

Anyone Still Active In The Houston Area

Just curious if anyone in the Houston area is still active here on Thirdgen.org and if anyone would like to coordinate getting together for a F body meet here in the Houston area soon.

norcalz28 03-15-2022 02:06 PM

Re: Anyone Still Active In The Houston Area

I'm up in East Texas, would be nice to get some of these old cars together

Neil350 04-04-2022 07:34 PM

I am out in the Katy area, Cinco Ranch.

akanitro 04-05-2022 12:16 PM

That only makes 3 of us in the area. How far is Troup from Houston? I'm still down to have a meet up at some time if anyone wants to go for a cruise or something. These cars are skyrocketing in value and its hard to find nice ones around.

Rock90rs 09-05-2022 01:10 PM

Conroe here. Not a lot of folks check TGO regularly. There is a houston thirdgen group on facebook, its fairly active. There are several of us on the northside.

1965gp 09-05-2022 09:16 PM

Located in Spring. I have a few 4th gens but just bought a 3rd gen. Should be here in 2 weeks. I’d be down to meet up.

Ray-Jht 12-08-2022 04:52 PM

I guess I make four.....:( To be honest the only reason I considered a third gen is because they are scarce now. I can't tell you the last time I saw one on the road in Houston. Online for sale in 2 feet of grass, yes but not driving down the street. As of this post I have only driven my car twice but I notice a lot of people looking at it. Memory lane I guess.

norcalz28 12-08-2022 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ray-Jht (Post 6487353)
I guess I make four.....:( To be honest the only reason I considered a third gen is because they are scarce now. I can't tell you the last time I saw one on the road in Houston. Online for sale in 2 feet of grass, yes but not driving down the street. As of this post I have only driven my car twice but I notice a lot of people looking at it. Memory lane I guess.

They are getting more and more rare. Hardly drive mine right now, she needs a few things and life just gets in the way. Maybe next year we can get something going.

1965gp 12-08-2022 08:27 PM

I waited for years to find this third Gen and have really enjoyed getting to drive it around. Yellow 87 Formula 350. It needs a few things but as of right now drives great. You’re right you don’t see them at all- had a kid at O’reily ask me what kind of car it was because he had never seen one.

I’m definitely in for a meet up- even if it’s at another show.

norcalz28 12-09-2022 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 1965gp (Post 6487364)
I waited for years to find this third Gen and have really enjoyed getting to drive it around. Yellow 87 Formula 350. It needs a few things but as of right now drives great. You’re right you don’t see them at all- had a kid at O’reily ask me what kind of car it was because he had never seen one.

I’m definitely in for a meet up- even if it’s at another show.

What our club used to do back in California was have members stage at their respective locations, then meet at a central location for a cruise/food/some activity and then everyone goes their separate ways. Cruise some of the windy country roads and end up in a small town or something. It was more entertaining than driving to a car show and parking all day. One of these days ID like to make the pilgrimage to ThirdGenfest, but in the meantime would be great to something for the Dallas/Houston/East Texas crowd.

StevenK 12-09-2022 03:11 PM

We used to do this, Houston was the center point, I recently re-uploaded a lot of the pictures: Houston Meets – Austin Thirdgen

LiquidBlue 12-10-2022 01:21 PM

LiquidBlue used to tear up the Houston freeways back in the day, you know, when I-45 was only 2 lanes after 610, and BW-8 was just a feeder and only in some areas. I'd be afraid to drive those areas now, stuck over here in Austin, even Mopac is a bit much for me, car sits so low, T-tops off, and a big truck goes by, flinging rocks and hoping they don't hit my irreplaceable windshield or my head ! Hope you guys all get to meet, no one appreciates our cars more than us!!

Ray-Jht 12-13-2022 07:24 PM

Yea Houston roads are not the same anymore. Every car I have purchased I would take 610 going north from the Galleria. When it meets 45 you take it north. That is a really fun turn but I swear it is crowded 24/7 now. Actually 45 from downtown going north then take 610 west.....another great one. LOL! Anyway @@norcalz28 I feel you as I spend I feel like I am making minimal progress but I am going to keep at it.

ADV1 05-02-2023 02:15 PM

I just ran across this thread... there was actually just an event in Katy on April 16th that was held for 3rd & 4th gens.... had a good crowd from what I heard.... I'm from DFW and our two groups usually hook up once or twice a year...

We have a VERY Active club up here in DFW that I'll link below... come check us out... we get together as a group monthly and have a big event in September at screamingchicken in Azle
Katy Event
Facebook Post

NTTGA
Facebook Post