Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   South East Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-east-region/)
-   -   F-Body gathering at destin (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-east-region/602544-f-body-gathering-destin.html)

rob2000gt 04-02-2011 08:25 PM

Re: F-Body gathering at destin

Thank you for setting this up. My daughter and I had a good time but the rent-a-cop messed it up we know next year to call and let them know

5.SLOW 04-02-2011 08:36 PM

Sweet! Thatd be awesome. 520 justin st, ft walton beach fl 32547

I would be willing to drive up to cview to meet ya if you dont feel like mailing them?

dynodanmanda79 04-02-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 5.SLOW (Post 4877337)
Sweet! Thatd be awesome. 520 justin st, ft walton beach fl 32547

I would be willing to drive up to cview to meet ya if you dont feel like mailing them?

Actually, I stay in Niceville now if that would be a shorter drive for you?

5.SLOW 04-02-2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by dynodanmanda79 (Post 4877347)
Actually, I stay in Niceville now if that would be a shorter drive for you?

Yes sir, it would. Gimme a shout on my cell if your free tomorrow 850-974-1260

dynodanmanda79 04-02-2011 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 5.SLOW (Post 4877405)
Yes sir, it would. Gimme a shout on my cell if your free tomorrow 850-974-1260

Ok sure will, I'm free all day tomorrow so I will give you a ring!

ZZ3Astro 04-02-2011 10:06 PM

Wow you guys had a good time. I didn't.. I've been fighting scratches, wet sanding dust cleanup, bug droppings, tree droppings, washing off dust, surface rust from washing, dust from sanding rust repair, rust from washing off dust from rust repair, repeat cycle, rinse as needed. Oh and my ignition module took a dump first thing this morning, leaving me to spend half the day trying to figure out if the megasquirt died or whatever. And still don't have a definite "ready" from the paint booth but supposedly tomorrow. And I had to miss this event. Not a good day.

Wow that 86 Sport Coupe is a real sleeper. I'd put the stock wheels back on that one and have a lot of fun surprising people.

02 WS6 TA 04-02-2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by ZZ3Astro (Post 4877464)
Wow you guys had a good time. I didn't.. I've been fighting scratches, wet sanding dust cleanup, bug droppings, tree droppings, washing off dust, surface rust from washing, dust from sanding rust repair, rust from washing off dust from rust repair, repeat cycle, rinse as needed. Oh and my ignition module took a dump first thing this morning, leaving me to spend half the day trying to figure out if the megasquirt died or whatever. And still don't have a definite "ready" from the paint booth but supposedly tomorrow. And I had to miss this event. Not a good day.

Wow that 86 Sport Coupe is a real sleeper. I'd put the stock wheels back on that one and have a lot of fun surprising people.

:iagree: It was my fave of the day. Sleeper it ain't, sounded like a LSx bigger than shiz...Well, maybe it's just me.

5.SLOW 04-02-2011 10:40 PM

yeah, the exhaust note gives it away if youve got a good ear.

rob2000gt 04-03-2011 07:04 AM

I agree if I seen that roll next to me at a light I would definity take off as slow as I could.

92firebird 305 04-03-2011 08:16 AM

[i had a blast but i had to leave because im moving down the road well there was some really nice cars out there it was nice meeting all of you guys next time we should go to the dragstrip in holt or pc and go test and tune thats just a idea

ZZ3Astro 04-03-2011 09:21 AM

Since I missed this one.. let's make this a 3 times a year event. I think next weekend sounds good for round 2!

That Sport Coupe could easily be made quiet! Just throw a turbo and some quiet exuast on it :-))

Just got the call from paint booth. Going in around 2. I only have about 10 mins of wetsanding on spot primes left to do and then load it in the trailer.

1nasty86 04-03-2011 11:57 AM

thanks for all the comments on my car. its a ls2. after the meeting went to pcola and got outran by a 440ish hp mach1 by half a car :doh: ......with me having a full tank of gas and a passanger. ill most def. come out next year, and the car will most likely have a blower on it by then.

dynodanmanda79 04-03-2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 92firebird 305 (Post 4877738)
[i had a blast but i had to leave because im moving down the road well there was some really nice cars out there it was nice meeting all of you guys next time we should go to the dragstrip in holt or pc and go test and tune thats just a idea

I agree! That would be pretty cool, maybe we can all come up with a date and head out there someday?

Originally Posted by ZZ3Astro (Post 4877763)
Since I missed this one.. let's make this a 3 times a year event. I think next weekend sounds good for round 2!

That sounds like a great idea as well!

Originally Posted by 1nasty86 (Post 4877882)
and the car will most likely have a blower on it by then.

Daniel Wellman Likes This :thumbsup:

92firebird 305 04-03-2011 04:39 PM

well i say we all go to the drag strip sometime soon when can people get off work one week in maybe next month or 2 like zz3 astro said we should do this 3 times a year it was nice meeting all that should up soon ill have a 3.23 posi disk brake rearend im getin from 5.slow that will help my car out and by the next meet i might have that lt1 cam in and headers if i can get some help we could maybe have a cook out at my house or something ill let yall know when .

dynodanmanda79 04-03-2011 05:28 PM

Here's the schedule for Emerald Coast Dragway, maybe we can all agree on one or two dates to go out there. Who knows, we might even see TJ out there!

http://www.ecdragway.com/index.php?o...endar&Itemid=2