Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   South East Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-east-region/)
-   -   Official Tampa, FL Area Thread (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-east-region/700835-official-tampa-fl-area.html)

CharcoalBird 04-23-2014 06:46 PM

Official Tampa, FL Area Thread

I know there are quite a few of us in the area, we are just not communicating. Time to organize something! It has been nearly 10 years since the Tampa area thrived and went completely dead after some problems that occurred. Surely we can revive this.

My suggestion for a first meet is July 26th. The location I will come up with when I see how much interest there is. One thing I like to do when I see people post in other threads among the board is send them PMs about whatever meet is about to happen. Please spread the message as much as possible.

More to follow as the date gets nearer.

-Jim

willexoIX 05-27-2014 02:03 PM

I dont see any reason i shouldnt be able to make it down there. Let me know if you come up with more details.

CharcoalBird 05-31-2014 11:06 AM

Re: Official Tampa, FL Area Thread

A food location would be ideal. Hard to find a good place with decent size parking lot though.

willexoIX 05-31-2014 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5771858)
A food location would be ideal. Hard to find a good place with decent size parking lot though.

Very true. Or a large lot that has available parking for that matter, lol. What general location are you thinking? Ill hop on google earth in a little bit to see whats around.

84LsxZ28 06-05-2014 10:07 PM

There are some good locations for meets in the Clearwater area. I've been to meets at a Sonic drivein which were pretty decent.

brdofpry85ta 06-07-2014 05:34 PM

Hmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gfunkill 06-07-2014 05:47 PM

I know the tuner kids around Clermont meet at buffalo wild wings. It shares the parking lot with a JCpenny's and a movie theater, etc, and its a big ol' parking lot. Of course I'm just saying that because it's two minutes away, but, I thought I'd throw it out there.

willexoIX 06-07-2014 05:51 PM

Yea, I dont see why we wouldnt be able to search for a mall in the area of Tampa or something with food nearby. That would probably be convenient. Narrowed anything down Jim?

Lab Rat 06-07-2014 07:02 PM

Not sure if this would work or not.
http://thelube.com/locations/florida...rk-clearwater/

84LsxZ28 06-08-2014 11:31 AM

What about the International Mall? Right off of 589 near the airport and has huge parking areas.

I have some friends on instragram who always post up pics of them on rooftops with their cars, which I think would be a pretty cool place for a meet at night.

CharcoalBird 06-08-2014 12:16 PM

Honestly, I haven't had time to look. A mall would work. 84Lsx mentioned the International Mall. Everyone cool with that? Do they have a restaurant where we can sit outside and eat?

-Jim

willexoIX 06-08-2014 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5775375)
Honestly, I haven't had time to look. A mall would work. 84Lsx mentioned the International Mall. Everyone cool with that? Do they have a restaurant where we can sit outside and eat?

-Jim

Im down for the international mall. I was there a couple months ago, but I honestly dont remember if there was a restaurant with an outdoor section. Ill see if I can maybe look it up and see.

84LsxZ28 06-08-2014 05:38 PM

There are a ton of restaurants with outside seats. Not near where we would be able to park our cars though. A cruise on 589 before or after would be pretty cool, too.

CharcoalBird 06-09-2014 03:23 PM

What evening is best for everyone? Friday evenings are best for me.

willexoIX 06-09-2014 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5775933)
What evening is best for everyone? Friday evenings are best for me.

Make it for whenever, if I find work ill request off whenever you decide to set up for.

Gfunkill 06-09-2014 06:08 PM

i work weekdays, so weekends are ok

CharcoalBird 06-09-2014 07:44 PM

How about Friday, June 27th at 7pm??

willexoIX 06-09-2014 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5776067)
How about Friday, June 27th at 7pm??

Hmm, not sure whether or not mine will be ready, I was assuming july like your 1st post in the thread. We will see, the 27th is the day before my 30th birthday. Ill try to make it out, but we will see how it lines up for the rest of everybody.

84LsxZ28 06-09-2014 11:17 PM

I probably won't be able to get in my floors, cage, and new rear end parts by the time this rolls around. Are you guys only free to do meetups during the summer?

willexoIX 06-10-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 84LsxZ28 (Post 5776192)
I probably won't be able to get in my floors, cage, and new rear end parts by the time this rolls around. Are you guys only free to do meetups during the summer?

Im pretty sure we are going to try to set them up often, as Jim said there used to be quite a few meets then it kinda just stopped. Im sure we will have a few meets throughout the year as long as they can be setup around everyones schedule so it would be more convenient, and we could have more turnout.

There are quite a few third gen camaros in my area, its just a a shame that the people driving them dont give a crap about them. Even tried to recruit a couple of them to the forums and none joined.

84LsxZ28 06-10-2014 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by willexoIX (Post 5776284)
Im pretty sure we are going to try to set them up often, as Jim said there used to be quite a few meets then it kinda just stopped. Im sure we will have a few meets throughout the year as long as they can be setup around everyones schedule so it would be more convenient, and we could have more turnout.

There are quite a few third gen camaros in my area, its just a a shame that the people driving them dont give a crap about them. Even tried to recruit a couple of them to the forums and none joined.

There are a lot in my area too. I've seen around 4 that are in really nice condition, but there are just tons of beat to **** ratty thirdgens running around because the owners don't care one bit. Pretty sad, honestly.

willexoIX 06-10-2014 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 84LsxZ28 (Post 5776353)

There are a lot in my area too. I've seen around 4 that are in really nice condition, but there are just tons of beat to **** ratty thirdgens running around because the owners don't care one bit. Pretty sad, honestly.

Lol, yea and I bet they fit the hillbilly stereotype to a T. I know the ones in my area do! Sad to see these cars neglected. I mean mine doesnt look the best, but I take good care of her.

84LsxZ28 06-10-2014 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by willexoIX (Post 5776356)
Lol, yea and I bet they fit the hillbilly stereotype to a T. I know the ones in my area do! Sad to see these cars neglected. I mean mine doesnt look the best, but I take good care of her.

Yours looks a lot better than mine from what I see in your pics. I got mine from a guy that had it sitting in his backyard for a while that was selling it as a parts car. I decided to buy it and restore it since the whole drivetrain was running really well. The paint isn't dull on mine, it's just rubbing off and scratched up a bit, but the purple it has looks pretty good from a distance.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...87925471_n.jpg

willexoIX 06-10-2014 02:55 PM

Somewhere running around here is the pic right before I bought it in the lot I got it from. Probably in my album. Im tempted to put "Good looking from afar" on the front and "Far from good looking" on the back, lol. It always looks good in pictures, but the imperfections I see up close are killing me, lol

Gfunkill 06-10-2014 03:01 PM

i think i could make that, even though mine definitely qualifies as a rat ride. i was starting to pretty it up when the motor went, but these things hold ugly pretty well.

CharcoalBird 06-12-2014 01:11 PM

I was still planning on doing something on July 26th. Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in meeting up this month as well. Don't necessarily need to bring your car to come out. My birthday is the 30th of June, Will.

willexoIX 06-12-2014 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5777284)
I was still planning on doing something on July 26th. Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in meeting up this month as well. Don't necessarily need to bring your car to come out. My birthday is the 30th of June, Will.

Well I will def try to make it out this month and next. Thats crazy, wonder how many others have June birthdays? Maybe we will have to set up a birthday bash or something next year, lol.

84LsxZ28 06-13-2014 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by willexoIX (Post 5777288)
Well I will def try to make it out this month and next. Thats crazy, wonder how many others have June birthdays? Maybe we will have to set up a birthday bash or something next year, lol.

My birthday is the 17th of June. A thirdgen June birthday meet thing next year sounds like it would be a pretty fun event

Lab Rat 06-13-2014 10:21 AM

My birthday was June 2nd.

Gfunkill 06-13-2014 02:42 PM

someone should get an 350 shaped cake

CharcoalBird 06-13-2014 05:10 PM

So...June 27th 7pm at the International Mall? I've only been there once so I don't know the layout of the mall...which parking lot should we gather and park at?

willexoIX 06-15-2014 12:21 PM

I have only been there once, so Ill leave it to someone else to recommend a spot for gathering. Ill bet there is a Sonic nearby for food. Seen a couple meets at Sonics before, think that would be pretty cool to cruise to one for food. Although some of us dont have "show" quality cars, someone needs to make sure they bring a camera.

RubberDucky 06-16-2014 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by willexoIX (Post 5778493)
I have only been there once, so Ill leave it to someone else to recommend a spot for gathering. Ill bet there is a Sonic nearby for food. Seen a couple meets at Sonics before, think that would be pretty cool to cruise to one for food. Although some of us dont have "show" quality cars, someone needs to make sure they bring a camera.

I've got a decent camera I can bring along.

willexoIX 06-16-2014 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by RubberDucky (Post 5779157)
I've got a decent camera I can bring along.

Awesome. Well I drove my car today being I finally got the exhaust leaks squared away. Still have an oil return leak and a loud as hell PCV valve that I need to take care of. Also need to take a ride to Clermont to get my new tires mounted and balanced.

So all in all I should be able to make it out on the 27th. Excited to actually meet some members from the forum in person and see some other thirdgens :)

CharcoalBird 06-17-2014 07:07 AM

I have a decent camera too. Will bring it with me.

georgiaslim45 06-18-2014 11:31 AM

I hope to make it out next month.

RubberDucky 06-20-2014 08:29 AM

So when are the meetups?

CharcoalBird 06-22-2014 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RubberDucky (Post 5780721)
So when are the meetups?

June 27th - Just a simple get together so some of us can meet.

July 26th - I hope more people can show up with their cars. More than just 5 or so cars would be nice.

Either event won't be anything but a small get together.

As far as a larger statewide event like October of 2012, well, if someone was willing to help out we could definitely do it.

Does anyone know what happened to the Camaro(Firebird welcome) car show that was in the Orlando area the last few years? I didn't see anything about it this year.

-Jim Rousey

willexoIX 06-25-2014 10:04 AM

Not this month fellas. Plenty of time till next month though. Had to order a new oil return flange for the turbo and there is not enough time to tune it, probably take a full tank of gas there, and a full tank back. Its running way to rich right now.

CharcoalBird 06-25-2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by willexoIX (Post 5783196)
Not this month fellas. Plenty of time till next month though. Had to order a new oil return flange for the turbo and there is not enough time to tune it, probably take a full tank of gas there, and a full tank back. Its running way to rich right now.

Is that your Daily? If not, you can come out with whatever vehicle you have available. Doesn't matter. I may not bring mine depending on the weather. Hate driving it through rain.

Also, I may eat before I go. I have so much going on this month and the next 2 months that saving some $$ anywhere would be helpful. Still going to make it though, regardless.

-Jim Rousey

willexoIX 06-25-2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5783298)

Is that your Daily? If not, you can come out with whatever vehicle you have available. Doesn't matter. I may not bring mine depending on the weather. Hate driving it through rain.

Also, I may eat before I go. I have so much going on this month and the next 2 months that saving some $$ anywhere would be helpful. Still going to make it though, regardless.

-Jim Rousey

Its my daily, but I do have access to another vehicle, though money is tight here as well. I will try but I cant promise anything this month. Next month im coming out there hell or high water, lol.

Also have to renew my license and plates this month.

Gfunkill 06-25-2014 05:08 PM

yea, I can probably do July. Can't really afford much outside of traveling to work at the moment, but, on the plus side, my car is finally running strong with no oil leaks.

CharcoalBird 06-25-2014 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by willexoIX (Post 5783339)
Its my daily, but I do have access to another vehicle, though money is tight here as well. I will try but I cant promise anything this month. Next month im coming out there hell or high water, lol.

Also have to renew my license and plates this month.

Originally Posted by Gfunkill (Post 5783346)
yea, I can probably do July. Can't really afford much outside of traveling to work at the moment, but, on the plus side, my car is finally running strong with no oil leaks.

Honestly, other than gas to get out to the location, I plan on spending no money. So if that is the issue...eat before going. I plan to just sit out in the parking lot and look at the other cars(if there are any...and I hope so!)

G, congrats on an oil leak free car! I know how it feels to have the car leak as mine as been leaking since I purchased it 10 years ago!!!! I have had the rear main seal replaced, the valve cover gaskets, and the entire top end replaced and I still have an oil leak. I'm not worried about it anymore though. I plan to swap the motor so it can leak all it wants until then. Not that I like it to, but why fix it when I plan to swap motors?

-Jim Rousey

RubberDucky 06-25-2014 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5783380)
Honestly, other than gas to get out to the location, I plan on spending no money. So if that is the issue...eat before going. I plan to just sit out in the parking lot and look at the other cars(if there are any...and I hope so!)

G, congrats on an oil leak free car! I know how it feels to have the car leak as mine as been leaking since I purchased it 10 years ago!!!! I have had the rear main seal replaced, the valve cover gaskets, and the entire top end replaced and I still have an oil leak. I'm not worried about it anymore though. I plan to swap the motor so it can leak all it wants until then. Not that I like it to, but why fix it when I plan to swap motors?

-Jim Rousey

Jim, if you knew how bad my car leaked, you'd put a bucket under it to save the fluids lol.

This month, next month, both doesn't matter to me.

CharcoalBird 06-25-2014 08:08 PM

RubberD, that would be where I changed my rear main seal. It runs well enough not to have to change anything now. When the rear main leaked I needed a bucket and I wasn't having that!

Mine doesn't leak bad now. In fact, by the time my 3,000m oil change comes around, I am still above the 1/4 hash mark above low on my dip stick. My cardboard catches what leaks.

willexoIX 06-25-2014 09:08 PM

For me its not so much spending while im down there, its having the money to put in the tank, as side jobs keep falling through. Plus im not sure whether or not I will have access to the other vehicle or not yet, which is why I said I cant promise anything this month, but I will try.

My oil leaks are taken care of aside from the passenger side valve cover, seepage at the harmonic balancer seal and possibly seepage at the rear main seal. Cant really tell on the last one, but i have oil drops coming from the hole in the flexplate cover. Just replaced the oil pan gasket so I know thats not leaking.

RubberDucky 06-26-2014 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5783442)
RubberD, that would be where I changed my rear main seal. It runs well enough not to have to change anything now. When the rear main leaked I needed a bucket and I wasn't having that!

Mine doesn't leak bad now. In fact, by the time my 3,000m oil change comes around, I am still above the 1/4 hash mark above low on my dip stick. My cardboard catches what leaks.

I think that's where my largest leak is now. I've done all the gaskets on the motor but that one. I know where the trans leaks and I have the grommet to do it, just too lazy to drop the trans.

luvofjah 06-27-2014 08:41 AM

I live in Seminole / Pinellas, but working on car currently...
Find the Florida / Ft. Desoto Thread and post a message there, there were 20 or so people that showed up, me included...

Rafael

CharcoalBird 06-27-2014 12:59 PM

Anyone going tonight?

RubberDucky 06-27-2014 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird (Post 5784255)
Anyone going tonight?

I'll go if its going to be more than just me and you. Lol.