Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   South East Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-east-region/)
-   -   East Tennessee Roll call... almost car season (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/south-east-region/741322-east-tennessee-roll-call.html)

utfan01ss 02-27-2017 06:33 PM

East Tennessee Roll call... almost car season

I noticed we have quite a few members near the Knoxville, TN area from my prior TN roll call post. Now that my car is finished, and its almost cruising season. We need to get a group together for a regular cruise in somewhere in town. There is a foothills mall cruise in, usually on Friday evenings in Maryville, TN. I usually stop by there then cruise the parkway or up to the mountains. If any of you local guys would like to get something going, let me know. Would be sweet to have a group of third gen owners to frequent local car shows...

Mike

Reim 02-27-2017 09:27 PM

Re: East Tennessee Roll call... almost car season

Chattanooga here. Trying to get me car running correctly before spring.

utfan01ss 02-28-2017 09:08 AM

Keep in touch Reim, since you're local we are trying to get other 3rd gen owners to join us at local car shows and cruises. There aren't too many around this area for some reason, so the more we have the better...

wracks89 03-26-2018 09:03 AM

We are in Loudon.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...fc10d9b302.jpg

fireball451 03-26-2018 06:48 PM

Johnson City area. May try to make it if something is planned around Knoxville.

Jaxxiam 06-26-2018 04:41 PM

Just joined and live in Maryville. I put my car on blocks and haven;t done much to it yet but would like to talk with fellow owners.

Marc Webber 01-29-2019 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by utfan01ss (Post 6115045)
I noticed we have quite a few members near the Knoxville, TN area from my prior TN roll call post. Now that my car is finished, and its almost cruising season. We need to get a group together for a regular cruise in somewhere in town. There is a foothills mall cruise in, usually on Friday evenings in Maryville, TN. I usually stop by there then cruise the parkway or up to the mountains. If any of you local guys would like to get something going, let me know. Would be sweet to have a group of third gen owners to frequent local car shows...

Mike

All for hooking up for a cruise. I live in Blount county and go to the cruise in at the mall regularly.

Galaxie500XL 01-29-2019 05:59 PM

Still in Knoxville..I frequently take the IROC to the Cars and Coffee that's held at West Towne about 3 times a year.

My wife's health issues, and a stalled T56 swap have meant the car isn't driven nearly as frequently as it has been the past 3 years...hopefully, I'll find a 3.42 rear axle, and get the transmission swap done soon.

straightbuchana 02-06-2019 03:28 AM

I'm in NW GA, only about an hour away from Chattanooga. If my car is running by the time the weather gets better, I'd definitely join on any cruises/meet ups. Always great so see other third gens and gives me a chance to drive farther than my 7 mile commute to work, lol.

Miz&Mrs 03-08-2019 12:07 PM

new guy here, blaine tn, just north east of Knoxville, own a 91rs, and looking forward to meeting some new people, and shows and cruises, please let me know any info, and also I cant load a pic into the post here, can someone help me load pics? thanks for add, and ready to go cruising......

Grandview IROC Z 03-11-2019 02:21 PM

Just found my new to me 89 IROC Z with L98, 113,700 miles. PO removed the TPI, there is an Edelbrock intake and a 450? Holley on it, I plan to get a 383 CI/430 HP Long Block engine, and rebuild the trans with Pro-Built trans kit. I will install a First Performance TPI set up, do any of you have the First Performance TPI set up. . If I order the 700R4 rebuild kit from Dana at Pro Built, do you know a good re-builder for my trans? By the way I live in Grandview, North Rhea county