Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Southern California Area (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/southern-california-area/)
-   -   1982 Trans AM Shell $100 OBO (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/southern-california-area/377189-1982-trans-am-shell.html)

DeLorean247 07-16-2006 05:51 PM

1982 Trans AM Shell $100 OBO

So I have a 82 Trans AM hard top that is pretty well stripped. But I wanted to see if anyone wanted it before I sent her off to the bone yard.

The body Is perfect except for one fender. There are no dents and the doors close like brand new no slamming required. All the glass is fine and there is not a spec of rust.

There is no engine or transmission just a drive shaft and rear end. The interior is gutted as far as seates and trim. All electrical is still in place and nothing has been cut. The computer is functional because it ran fine for the previouse owner.

It really is a nice car and I hope it wont get crushed I just got it for some parts and have no space to keep it any longer. Its a perfect replacement if you need a great body to swap your stuff into.

Thanks Guys
-Michael

89 TA 07-16-2006 08:02 PM

Any pics?

DeLorean247 07-17-2006 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic I took tonight. The green hood in the right of the shot goes with the car.

tuske427 07-18-2006 07:21 PM

there's a guy on one of these forums wanting an early third gen coupe and you're basically throwing one out... the irony in life.

DeLorean247 07-18-2006 08:09 PM

Do you remember where you found that thread? Iv looked and cant locate any recent ones.

Remember this is OBO, So make me a crazy offer!

I will probubly have this car up until the weekend because I have no way to
get it towed away during the day.

I can even help relocate it if you pay to rent the U-Haul Trailer I can tow it up to a resonable amount of miles.

-Michael

83 Crossfire TA 07-19-2006 12:45 AM

Heh, it’s me, I’ve posted something to that effect in a few threads, that I’m looking for a hard top body with a straight frame and no rust and in a perfect world it would be a pre ’85 non aero package TA….

The problem is that I’m in MD… I wonder what shipping would run?

Do you think you can get it onto a UPS counter? ;)

tuske427 07-19-2006 02:27 PM

cool, you 2 found each other. I hope you can work a deal

when I used to live in NJ I looked into shipping across country to CA. I found the cheapest way is to ship "hub to hub" meaning it gets picked up/ dropped off at their terminal (not door to door). my quote from then would be outdated though (6 years ago).

I don't know what they'd charge for non running..

sometimes I see people auctioning car hauling services on ebay. maybe you could find one?

83 Crossfire TA 07-20-2006 03:03 AM

Well, we’ll see what happens, I just requested some shipping quotes. Honestly I’m not that hopeful that I’ll find something reasonable enough for this to make sense…

DeLorean247 07-22-2006 07:33 PM

OK Free! to whoever comes and gets it.

If I know for sure you can grab it by monday night its yours. If I dont get a responce itl be history by monday morning.

Sad, But I need my yard back

:thanks:

BadAssIROC 08-08-2006 10:08 PM

:goodjob:

DeLorean247 08-08-2006 10:25 PM

:hmmm: what? :huh: