Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Southern California Area (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/southern-california-area/)
-   -   Does anyone want to go cruising anymore? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/southern-california-area/719021-does-anyone-want-go.html)

Kevin91Z 05-09-2015 01:33 PM

Does anyone want to go cruising anymore?

I tried to organize a car cruise for last weekend, and got no interest.

I haven't seen much interest in having a car cruise for a long while now. What's up with that? I'm itching to get out there and go driving, or even head to Fontana again and go racing.

:driving:

ULTM8Z 05-09-2015 10:21 PM

Re: Does anyone want to go cruising anymore?

LOL... it's the same way with the 2nd gen guys over at NastyZ. Haven't had a run in probably years... Can't seem to garner the interest.

Last weekend was the Mrs' B'day, so it was a non-starter.

But I'm open to a run... maybe take a stab at setting a date and see if we can get some interest.

onefreakz 05-09-2015 10:47 PM

im so down but your too far :chevy:

VincentZ28 05-10-2015 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by onefreakz (Post 5914291)
im so down but your too far :chevy:

Well if anything, get the cars ready for Fontana. I'm quite sure people will show up for that.

1989GTATransAm 05-10-2015 12:31 PM

Hmmmm, a cruise to the California Dragway in Fontana.

Zach/90\irocZ 05-10-2015 05:43 PM

A lot of cruises died out

Couple car clubs are having some this month in canyon but not as many compared to past years

Summer is coming so hopefully people get the itch to drive there muscle cars
But I feel same way really want to go on nice cruise with the fam

ULTM8Z 05-10-2015 09:50 PM

How about a run up through angeles crest?

leo037 05-12-2015 12:12 AM

It's sad that the cruising scene seems to be dying out :( I noticed we see more posts on Facebook than here.

ULTM8Z 05-12-2015 02:55 PM

Could be just people getting busier in their lives. I know with my growing family, I barely have time for car stuff lately... I have all I can do to get out to the local Bob's Big Boy car Friday night show once every few months...

leo037 05-12-2015 07:25 PM

Michel Perez is trying setting up a super cruise to San Diego on Facebook in July.

SixSeriesCSi 05-12-2015 10:49 PM

I'm down for a cruise, just need to install a couple more parts...:driving:

Grey Goose 05-14-2015 03:49 PM

Not sure what's going on... It certainly appears as though the landscape of the 'So Cal 3rd Gen Scene' has changed. I've never had a problem donating my time and money to put events and cruises on for fellow enthusiasts to enjoy. However, as of late when I ask for suggestions or poll for dates for an event to take place... I get very little feedback.

So I've been reduced to coordinating a couple of larger events this year due to lack of interest and/or participation.

Not sure if its us or the cars getting older but all the more reason to get these modern day classics out in force to show that they are still more than just relevant :2cents:

Here's a inspiration for Throwback Thursday

VincentZ28 05-14-2015 06:27 PM

This is going to take participation for all clubs to get together somehow to make it a big event. Set all b/s aside for at least one event.

JulieGTA1 05-15-2015 01:21 AM

I don't care who controls what name of which club, or who ran what species of motor how fast,

I miss those meetings at that GM dealership back room, when we just talked about cars.
I would not have emerged from the (vast number of people who browse this) forum otherwise.

Maybe we have become a little intimidating?

I suggest some similar kind of neutral territory.

ledman66 05-15-2015 11:25 PM

I am down for a cruise, but I need to get a few things done to my car to make sure it is in it for the long haul, and with the weather lately I have not been driving it at all.

Dyno Don 05-16-2015 10:23 AM

I'm in anytime. :)

ULTM8Z 05-16-2015 02:51 PM

How about a run through Santiago Canyon? Say, some Sat/Sun in mid June?

VincentZ28 05-16-2015 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dyno Don (Post 5917063)
I'm in anytime. :)

I'm down too! I would like to see 30+ cars on the cruise.

tealman92 05-16-2015 04:00 PM

Ill go. Wont have my z28 so Ill bring the Ram

86_Dan_Z28 05-16-2015 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by tealman92 (Post 5917156)
Ill go. Wont have my z28 so Ill bring the Ram

I don't have my z28 so I will bring my Lexus.

84 1LE 05-17-2015 02:06 AM

S10 if my car isn't ready in time.

ULTM8Z 05-18-2015 06:30 PM

Probably short notice... but how about a run through Santiago Canyon this Saturday. It's Memorial Day weekend... should be great for a cruise!

Kevin91Z 05-19-2015 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ULTM8Z (Post 5918002)
Probably short notice... but how about a run through Santiago Canyon this Saturday. It's Memorial Day weekend... should be great for a cruise!

Can't do this Saturday but I'm available on Monday. Which Santiago Canyon, the one in Orange County? If so, we can end up at Fuddrucker's on El Toro Road in Lake Forest for lunch.

ULTM8Z 05-19-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin91Z (Post 5918279)
Can't do this Saturday but I'm available on Monday. Which Santiago Canyon, the one in Orange County? If so, we can end up at Fuddrucker's on El Toro Road in Lake Forest for lunch.

Kevin, yeah I believe it's the one in Orange County. The last time I ran it was with the Cool Runnin' Camaros club and NastyZ 2nd genners several years ago, so I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds familiar (I'm from the Glendale/Burbank area).

Monday's a no go for me (Memorial Day bbq with the family).

How about the following weekend? Any rate, once we set a date, I'll post up about it over at NastyZ. Maybe we'll get some 2nd gen guys going with us.

Kevin91Z 05-19-2015 11:27 PM

Its a short run, about 30 minutes tops.

One way to lengthen it up a bit is starting at the 91 freeway and Imperial Highway, and heading thru Anaheim Hills into Orange Hills and then onto Santiago Canyon Road. I'm all for making a lunch run out of it, starting at say 11am and ending up at Fuddruckers on El Toro.

Saturday the 30th works for me, as its my last available day. I'm having hernia surgery on June 2nd and I'll be out for a month.

ULTM8Z 05-20-2015 10:40 AM

Saturday 5/30 would probably work for me. But let's see if anyone else is interested in going. It's a bit of a drive from my area, so it'd be good to expect a decent turn out in order to make the drive down there worth it.