Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Suspension and Chassis (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/)
-   -   edelbrock vs. spohn phb (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/359393-edelbrock-vs-spohn-phb.html)

yjischoking 04-20-2006 01:26 PM

edelbrock vs. spohn phb

is the edelbrock phb adjustable on the car (like spohn?). im tryin to decide between the edelbrock and the poly/rod one from spohn. any recommendations?

3.8TransAM 04-20-2006 07:43 PM

I'll vote Spohn.

I got the poly/poly one and it helps out a lot.

later
Jeremy

WckdDudeMan 04-21-2006 01:31 PM

spohn, they use high quality rod ends... thats the reason for me voting them, if someone else has any other reasons for or against go ahead, but I believe spohn is using the QA1 rodends and those are considered top of the line and worth the extra$$$

yjischoking 04-22-2006 02:35 PM

sweet. spohn it is...unless anyone else has any opinions on edlebrock?

@ZZKKER 04-25-2006 11:37 PM

i will vote spohn as well . people have had bad experience with edelbrock stuff breaking

91_5.7_TPI 06-25-2006 05:40 PM

Spohn.... yup, that's the way to go. I have the combo ended one. Love it.

89rsragtop 06-25-2006 07:17 PM

I don't recommend rod ends for the street. I had the poly / rod end LCAs They made clunk noise from day one. It just got worse as time went on. The car sounded like a bucket of loose bolts. I changed to poly /poly and no problem anymore.Both were Spohn.

91_5.7_TPI 06-25-2006 09:05 PM

How long ago did you get the rod ends? Spohn changed to better ones, if I'm not mistaken. I have no noise from mine, but it is on the panhard bar, and it wouldn't make as much noise as the LCAs. Not as much movement.

89rsragtop 06-25-2006 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by 91_5.7_TPI
How long ago did you get the rod ends? Spohn changed to better ones, if I'm not mistaken. I have no noise from mine, but it is on the panhard bar, and it wouldn't make as much noise as the LCAs. Not as much movement.

I got them a little over two years ago. It,s true panhard rods move less than LCAs. But real roads are rougher than the race tracks the rods were made for and they will ware out and start to clunk IMO

@ZZKKER 06-25-2006 11:20 PM

if you bought them 2 years ago, there is a good chance you got the older style rod ends. i have a rod end only rear suspension and they make noise, but it is more of a thud than a bucket of bolts. all the rear suspension is new spohn stuff, phb, lca's, t56 torque arm/cross-member.

Mongoose 06-26-2006 08:10 AM

I had the Edelbrock piece and the major downside to it was the inability to adjust it on the car. Plus when I adjusted it to the proper length the end with the adjustment was 90 degrees off so I always had to run with the rear just a hair of center and you could tell a difference. I got the Spohn version and it's been right ever since. I also have their LCAs, relocator brackets and adjustable torque arm. Looking at their sway bars and front control arms next.

@ZZKKER 06-26-2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mongoose
Looking at their sway bars and front control arms next.

i bought the front control arms with spring perches and derlin bushings. i didn't think it was wise to buy the rod ended version for street use, but the derlin is suppose to be as good as the rod end, but more road friendly.

89rsragtop 06-26-2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by @ZZKKER
if you bought them 2 years ago, there is a good chance you got the older style rod ends. i have a rod end only rear suspension and they make noise, but it is more of a thud than a bucket of bolts. all the rear suspension is new spohn stuff, phb, lca's, t56 torque arm/cross-member.

Mine started with a clunk /thud and got worse as time went on.
I have Spohn LCAs ,panhard rod, torque arm / cross member and tubular
A arms, all with poly mounts, All work well, but the A arms did lower my front end about 2".

80's Al 06-27-2006 04:59 AM

I just intalled my SPOHN poly/poly adj. panhard bar this past weekend.
I replaced a rod/poly bar that made a ton of noise. Not on the street , but definitley clunked when I launched @ the track(might have somethin to do with my SSM lift bars).

Have not got to test ride the car yet, but I am confident it is going to help a LOT!!

I also bought /installed SPOHN's driveshaft loop that bolts to the crossmember/tranny mount. There stuff is top notch, and you receive their product when(if not before) they say they will ship.

TOP notch company...

I vote SPOHN!!!

Mongoose 06-27-2006 07:32 AM

the a arms did lower my front end about 2"
So these wouldn't be a good choice for a car with Sportline springs then?