Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Suspension and Chassis (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/)
-   -   Car pulling to left slightly - Sharply! while braking (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/542106-car-pulling-left-slightly.html)

jake129 09-14-2009 02:24 PM

Car pulling to left slightly - Sharply! while braking

Ok so i have an 89' Camaro RS V6 and the car pulls slightly to the right while driving but when the brakes are applied it shifts very sharply to the right, almost violently. What could cause this?, i thought maybe unevenly worn brake pads, but they look brand new on both sides of the front.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ellocojorge 09-14-2009 02:26 PM

Re: Car pulling to left slightly - Sharply! while braking

maybe one of ur rotors is warped?

JamesC 09-14-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by jake129 (Post 4282492)
Ok so i have an 89' Camaro RS V6 and the car pulls slightly to the right while driving but when the brakes are applied it shifts very sharply to the right, almost violently. What could cause this?

A brake hose is acting as a check valve. Replace both sides.

JamesC

akmusclecar 09-14-2009 05:42 PM

:iagree: It sounds like a flex hose most likely your left side is expanding. Or could be the wheel bearing, but you would hear the problem if it was that.:welcome:

DJP87Z28 09-14-2009 05:53 PM

Replace both front rubber brake hoses and the get a frontend alignment.

jake129 09-14-2009 08:05 PM

wow...thank you everyone for the quick response...i will replace the two front brake lines and see where that gets me...thanks for the heads up everyone!

09-14-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by jake129 (Post 4282832)
wow...thank you everyone for the quick response...i will replace the two front brake lines and see where that gets me...thanks for the heads up everyone!

Did the car just start doing it?
-or-
Did you just buy the car recently and it was like that already?
-or you have owned it a long time and notice this getting progressively worse over time?

Some more knowledge would be helpful

I would not jump into replacing anything yet, you might be wating your money. I would first suspect alignment, yet if the car sat a long time, one front caliper could be frozen, could be a brake line, but I would think that less unlikely though it does happen. More info on the 3 questions above would first help a diagnosis better than a guess.

Of everything, an Alignment is cheapest and easiest to rule out, I personally would start here. When is the last time it was checked and how old are the tires (maybe low on pressure, maybe a combination of things from it possibly sitting long? Does it have aftermarket wheels and tires or stock factory sizes?

Dean