Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Suspension and Chassis (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/)
-   -   Del-Sphere/adjustable A-Arm rdie quality (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/610710-del-sphere-adjustable-arm.html)

MKKNIGHT 04-12-2011 08:29 AM

Del-Sphere/adjustable A-Arm rdie quality

Looking into buying some of Spohns Del-sphere pivot joint FWD A-Arms. Just wondering what the ride quality is like after there fitted n how it effects stuff like road nose, steering vibration, comfort etc...
my cars gonna be lowered so I know thats gonna make the ride alittle harder.

so anyone with their experience n opinions of aftermarket a-arms (any company and joint type) and how it feels to ride after feel free to chip in.
:thanks:

//<86TA>\\ 04-12-2011 08:18 PM

Re: Del-Sphere/adjustable A-Arm rdie quality

you should notice no difference in noise or ride quality.

hows the rest of the cars suspension? tubular a-arms should be about last on the list.

MKKNIGHT 04-13-2011 03:08 AM

That good to hear that they dont allow to much vibration through :)

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ (Post 4888603)
hows the rest of the cars suspension? tubular a-arms should be about last on the list.

pretty non existant atm, im tryin to get a feel what the best setup will be to give good cornering without making the car to harsh to ride in.
Set up will be coil overs front and back, sub frame conectors, lowered, widened, wonderbar/braces etc...

im also wondering about how good are QA1 struts? im looking at the double adjustable version?

luvofjah 04-13-2011 07:22 AM

My Spohn non adjustable A arms (almost $500 with options / shipping), had them installed ($75), and an aligment $90... they moved the tire back and were rubbing in the back... (which was not a problem before).... So i purchased some global west delrin bushing $145, had my stock a arms cleaned and old stock busings removed, new ones installed with new moog ball joints ($250 parts n labor), removed spohn a arms, reinstalled stock upgrades and still need a $90 alignment.... but no more rub...

All in all that fiasco cost me almost $1000.... BS... I hadn't heard anything bad about those A arms here, but after I had my problems, seems that many people have had problems with them...

Buyer beware....

Rafael

The Project 04-14-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by MKKNIGHT (Post 4887854)
Looking into buying some of Spohns Del-sphere pivot joint FWD A-Arms. Just wondering what the ride quality is like after there fitted n how it effects stuff like road nose, steering vibration, comfort etc...
my cars gonna be lowered so I know thats gonna make the ride alittle harder.

so anyone with their experience n opinions of aftermarket a-arms (any company and joint type) and how it feels to ride after feel free to chip in.
:thanks:

Why not clean up and powder coat the stock a arms and install new Energy Suspension poly bushings. ;)

MKKNIGHT 04-14-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by luvofjah (Post 4889051)
My Spohn non adjustable A arms (almost $500 with options / shipping), had them installed ($75), and an aligment $90... they moved the tire back and were rubbing in the back... (which was not a problem before).... So i purchased some global west delrin bushing $145, had my stock a arms cleaned and old stock busings removed, new ones installed with new moog ball joints ($250 parts n labor), removed spohn a arms, reinstalled stock upgrades and still need a $90 alignment.... but no more rub...

All in all that fiasco cost me almost $1000.... BS... I hadn't heard anything bad about those A arms here, but after I had my problems, seems that many people have had problems with them...

Buyer beware....

Rafael

Was this with the spohn K member? or with the stock K member. im assuming stock K member?

Originally Posted by The Project (Post 4890204)
Why not clean up and powder coat the stock a arms and install new Energy Suspension poly bushings. ;)

I dont have any K member or a-arms atm... would seem alittle bit of a waste to have to track down a stock set and which isnt as easy over here in the UK

luvofjah 04-14-2011 10:37 AM

With the stock K member... I sold my a arms for a $300 loss to a guy that bought a spohn k member, put on his stock a arms and it moved the wheels forward...

Is the car your daily driver? I got the global west delrin bushings instead... no powder coat, cleaned them up and painted them.... not a show car, but want it to handle nice...

MKKNIGHT 04-15-2011 03:02 AM

cool, spohn must do something different with the geometry which meeses up the setup when mix n matching with stock parts.... sucks that it cost u so much.

Cars never gonna be a daily drive, but want it to handle and perfrom. its a pure hobby car... third gen is a perfect cruisier/GT car imo

87350IROC 04-17-2011 09:29 PM

I have every Del-sphere part Spohn makes for our cars. They are great. Ride quality is wonderful. And I am really picky about ride quality/noise/vibration.

I know luvofjah loves to point out the problems he has had with the Spohn a-arms. I will point out that they work fine with the Spohn k-member.

MKKNIGHT 04-19-2011 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by 87350IROC (Post 4894153)
I have every Del-sphere part Spohn makes for our cars. They are great. Ride quality is wonderful. And I am really picky about ride quality/noise/vibration.

I know luvofjah loves to point out the problems he has had with the Spohn a-arms. I will point out that they work fine with the Spohn k-member.

This is good to hear... like i said i have no stock stock a-arms or k-member at the moment so I have to buy something might as well be new aftermarket stuff

Thanks