Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Suspension and Chassis (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/)
-   -   Koni (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/641104-koni.html)

L695speed 02-06-2012 10:43 PM

Koni

Does anyone know if Koni will have a sale like they did last spring? I haven't seen anything pertaining to a sale on Koni Yellows yet. Last year I think they were 25% off during the spring months from March to May or something like that. I'm going to be going with a set of Koni Yellows on my 84, but obviously I'm trying to wait til they go on sale. I will just get them eventually. But obviously if one can find a set of Koni Yellows in the 6xx range they hit the jackpot.

twigger 02-06-2012 11:51 PM

Re: Koni

Hey Im curious too, Im about to drop the money to buy me a set as well.

L695speed 02-07-2012 07:47 AM

I spent time last night and this morning hunting around any forums that may have a big Koni following even the honda ones. I saw something on the TDI VW forum about Koni having a sale starting March 1st. So for anyone interested in getting them, I'd hang on for another month. I am not getting any parts or anything this month so I can use my tax return on those shocks. Short of the Motor, body/paint, or tires...(even tires aint that bad because I have a connection) Konis are the single biggest expense on this project of mine.

Kevin Vandevenne 02-07-2012 10:00 AM

You can get a good deal through this guy here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KONI-RAC...item35a2d553c4

I bought a set of rear shocks off him, then bought the fronts seperately elsewhere. It came out to approx $670 for the set.

UMI Sales 02-07-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by L695speed (Post 5174195)
Does anyone know if Koni will have a sale like they did last spring? I haven't seen anything pertaining to a sale on Koni Yellows yet. Last year I think they were 25% off during the spring months from March to May or something like that. I'm going to be going with a set of Koni Yellows on my 84, but obviously I'm trying to wait til they go on sale. I will just get them eventually. But obviously if one can find a set of Koni Yellows in the 6xx range they hit the jackpot.

I would call Sam Strano. He has the inside scoop on all things Koni.

1 (800) 729-1831

ramey

L695speed 02-07-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by UMI Sales (Post 5174510)
I would call Sam Strano. He has the inside scoop on all things Koni.

1 (800) 729-1831

ramey

I may do just that.

And Kevin, as much as I would love to pull the trigger on that, I think if I waited I might get them even cheaper than that. I did the math on as the Konis are priced now at about 815 for the set. 25% off is a lil more than 600. Even if they don't go that low, still worth it.

L695speed 02-07-2012 01:49 PM

Strano said he wasn't at liberty to confirm the rumor at this time. Guess we will have to wait and see.

twigger 03-01-2012 12:05 PM

Koni Yellow shocks are on sale I just bought a set. Sam has informed me that the complete third gen sets are on sale for $652. And if you want to buy third gen fronts and 4th gen rears with the external adjustment they are running $739 for the set, get them while you can!

L695speed 03-01-2012 03:49 PM

I'll be ordering my set of third gen Koni yellows this weekend. Can't do anything til at least tomorrow. But I'm ordering.

L695speed 03-02-2012 08:31 AM

Ok I ordered up mine. Now I can finish my rear suspension....if only I can get the gas tank back in first.

I looked around, SHOX Shop has them on sale, but you need to put in the code shoxvalue to get the price as they haven't changed it yet. LTB Autosports has them on sale and free shipping. Tire Rack also has them listed as on Special, bet you have to pay shipping though. I don't know about Spohn. Haven't seen any price change there yet, I bet he would match if you called him. Again, he has free shipping. Summit I haven't seen the price change yet either, but they have flat rate if not free shipping. Again if you called Summit I bet they would confirm the sale.
Finally as Twigger said, you can get them from Sam Strano.

So in short folks, get your Koni Yellows Now! They have them everywhere for that elusive 600 dollar range. If you want exact, its somewhere right around 650. I got mine from Shox.com.

twigger 03-02-2012 11:15 PM

One thing to consider is when you buy from people like Sam at Stranoparts.com is that you are helping the small business owner who is invaluable resource to a community such as this one. So the few extra bucks you spend helps resources such as that one exist and many times you will get some advice you never thought of saving yourself time and money in the future.

L695speed 03-02-2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by twigger (Post 5200693)
One thing to consider is when you buy from people like Sam at Stranoparts.com is that you are helping the small business owner who is invaluable resource to a community such as this one. So the few extra bucks you spend helps resources such as that one exist and many times you will get some advice you never thought of saving yourself time and money in the future.

I did think of going to him. In the end I went with Shox because I had friends who did business with them before and it was all good on their dealings. Perhaps in the future I'll go to Sam. Did Sam have free shipping or not? If he did then yes I probably should have tried to get ahold of him, if he didn't then I apologize, but every penny counts when building a car on a budget. I was just putting out the different places I tried. No offense to him, but I rarely hear his name in the third gen circle. I hear it in the Mustang circle and 4th gen circle. I will try to keep in mind that hes out there supporting our activities. Perhaps I will be reminded of his name more often when I get into the autocross and road course crowds in the coming years.

twigger 03-03-2012 01:16 AM

Yeah stick with what works, no his shipping is not free. But on the flip side there are those places that do charge way to much or have bad service and thats why they never get big. I wanted to throw his name out there because he set me straight on a couple things and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me answering my questions.

KiLLJ0Y 03-03-2012 11:43 PM

What about just fronts

Steven6282 03-04-2012 01:19 AM

tirerack has them at the 20% off price to.

I ordered me a set from them a few minutes ago.

I to would have ordered from Sam, if he was a little easier to get in touch with. I had been trying to get in touch with him all week last week about some other stuff, and when I finally did exchange a couple of emails with him he stopped responding to me when I told him I had no idea how much to budget for my suspension stuff and guessed 1500, but specified that I would spend more if needed.

I still want to get in touch with him to order a new differential perhaps, but he needs to get a secretary or something so that it's easier to get in touch with someone at his place.

L695speed 03-04-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by KiLLJ0Y (Post 5201541)
What about just fronts

As Steven said, they are 20% off on Tirerack. You can order just the fronts there. Shox afaik only sells them as a whole set. I know you can get just the fronts from Spohn and Summit as well as Jegs, but I don't know if they are running the sale.

aqualordx93 03-04-2012 01:13 PM

Just ordered mine from TireRack, Front and Rear. Came out to about 680 after shipping. Definitely a deal when they were 850+ originally.

jb3829 03-05-2012 06:21 PM

got mine from tirerack today

L695speed 03-08-2012 05:26 PM

Got mine from Shox.com today. Now to put them on the car.