Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Suspension and Chassis (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/)
-   -   Front A-Arms (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/647461-front-arms.html)

rwstegne 04-05-2012 09:46 PM

Front A-Arms

Which of the aftermarket front a-arms is the best? Any problems with any of the brands? Things I need to consider? Or should I just replace the bushings and ball joints?

hellz_wings 04-06-2012 03:25 PM

Re: Front A-Arms

Hi Rob welcome to TGO!

There are many brands out there (in no particular order of preference: SPOHN, UMI, BMR, RACECRAFT, PA RACING, etc.). The stock a-arms typically do the job but new a-arms are generally more rigid, and offer brand new ball joints installed, as well as new bushings of your choice (poly or spherical or other). Oh, and they're damn sexy with all that glossy powdercoating! LOL

UMI Sales 04-06-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by rwstegne (Post 5234608)
Which of the aftermarket front a-arms is the best? Any problems with any of the brands? Things I need to consider? Or should I just replace the bushings and ball joints?

Hi Rob.

We are proud of ours.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=103

They are available in red or black powder coat. Also, they feature bump stops and steering stops.

Let me know if you'd like to discuss.

ramey

83 Crossfire TA 04-08-2012 08:05 PM

Ramey, yours are pretty slick but I've always felt that $400 is kind of steep for a set of control arms, but I will admit that I am a little cheap. Do your control arms use standard 3rd gen ball joint part numbers or is it some other application? The next time I pull a set of control arms I intend to replace the balljoints with extended joints, would you sell the without he joints or with extended joints installed?

UMI Sales 04-08-2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by 83 Crossfire TA (Post 5237304)
Ramey, yours are pretty slick but I've always felt that $400 is kind of steep for a set of control arms, but I will admit that I am a little cheap. Do your control arms use standard 3rd gen ball joint part numbers or is it some other application? The next time I pull a set of control arms I intend to replace the balljoints with extended joints, would you sell the without he joints or with extended joints installed?

Hey 83. Our lowers aren't inexpensive but we feel they pack a lot of value. They are hand built in Philipsburg, PA USA of premium quality US steel by craftsmen (and craftswomen) who cut, CNC, bend, weld, blast, powdercoat and assemble. All the joints are milled for a perfect fit instead of just cut with a holesaw. We could get some cost out by cutting corners but our customers expect ultra premium quality so that's what we produce. Plus, I feel our design is one of the toughest, best looking out there.

We use standard 3rd Gen ball joints and can ship with no ball joints for a reduced price. We currently do not stock or install tall lowers for that application.

If you have any questions, hit me up on here or give us a call.

ramey

thatsupnow 04-10-2012 01:47 AM

Ive got a set of UMI lowers on my car along with their subframe connectors and damn do they ever look good!!! Cheap too at least for me I live up in Canada where everything is a rip off at least double the price anywhere in America. Thats why summit racing and jegs are my best friends!!

rwstegne 04-13-2012 06:59 PM

Ramey, The a-arm steering stops, does that induce any issues for the steering gear box?

UMI Sales 04-13-2012 07:18 PM

Hey Rob. Thanks for the question. Our adjustable steering stops can be used to adjust lock-to-lock distance. They are no different in operation than a standard factory steering stop.

Ramey

L695speed 04-18-2012 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 83 Crossfire TA (Post 5237304)

I'm a bit late to the party, but you can get them on sale during certain sale events. I did and got them for 340. Just saying.