Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Suspension and Chassis (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/)
-   -   Question on adjusting lca and Panhard bar (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspension-chassis/741029-question-adjusting-lca-panhard.html)

BuiltZ28 02-17-2017 09:59 AM

Question on adjusting lca and Panhard bar

Does the suspension have to be loaded when I adjust my side to side and wheel well center. I don't have brakes on rear currently not sure if I will be able to set car on ground yet

BuiltZ28 02-17-2017 09:59 AM

Re: Question on adjusting lca and Panhard bar

Also when adjusting my torque arm for pinion angle same question.

redneckjoe 02-17-2017 10:20 AM

i would say yes, the weight of the car should be loaded before making adjustments.

Twin_Turbo 02-17-2017 01:10 PM

Yes and roll the car around or slalom a bit so it's settled. Then make your adjustments.

Tibo 02-17-2017 02:57 PM

If you can't drive it then get four guys to sit in the cabin or have them put their weight over each wheel. You want to try to settle the suspension but just do your best and finalize it when the car is driveable.

BuiltZ28 02-17-2017 06:11 PM

i know the torque arm adjustment was kind of a stupid question but will the lca and pan hard adjustment change much if the car is held up by jack stands under the frame and the rear is at full drop? I'm thinking yes, I'm just anxious......

QwkTrip 02-17-2017 06:13 PM

If the bars are single adjustable then you have no choice but to remove them.

Lower control arm is easy. Look where your wheel is today, measure how much you want it to change, and dial that same change into the control arm. Make the other side exact same length. Done. Should only take 1 try.

Panhard bar is a bit of a trial and error. That one is nice to have double adjustable so you can turn it with car on the ground until you're happy with the results. Technically, the panhard should be adjusted until the wheels are evenly spaced relative to the control arm pivot points at the frame side. Most people eyeball it to the body so things don't looks dorky.

BuiltZ28 02-17-2017 07:38 PM

there all on car adjustable pieces, looks like the consensus is the car should be on the ground loaded to get some good adjustments. HURRY UP UPS

Thanks guys

QwkTrip 02-17-2017 09:20 PM

I would still take off the control arms so you can have them side by side and make sure they are the same length. Getting that rear axle square to the frame is important.

JamesC 02-22-2017 05:49 AM

I had a four-wheel alignment done afterward.

JamesC