Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   TBI (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tbi/)
-   -   replacmet injectors? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tbi/756593-replacmet-injectors.html)

Evilokc 10-08-2018 09:54 PM

replacmet injectors?

I must be using the wrong wording because I cant believe this isn't on the forum. im looking for oem or better replacement injectors for my 305tbi motor. im finding a lot of remanufactured injectors. is that a thing? are they reliable? any suggestions on brands?

Tuned Performance 10-08-2018 10:31 PM

Re: replacmet injectors?

If yours have a bad spray pattern or are dripping. Look at RockAuto.com the sell standard motor product tj4 or tj4t .

Schurkey 10-09-2018 02:55 PM

What's wrong with the ones you have?

Evilokc 10-09-2018 09:23 PM

im not sure there is anything wrong with them. im chasing an issue I THINK is a fuel issue. if I get all the way back to the injectors I will change them but again im not SURE they are bad.

Schurkey 10-09-2018 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Evilokc (Post 6255910)
im not sure there is anything wrong with them. im chasing an issue I THINK is a fuel issue. if I get all the way back to the injectors I will change them but again im not SURE they are bad.

"I" would be looking at the data stream, fuel pressure, and possibly cranking compression to figure out what's going on.

Slapping new injectors in the throttle body is unlikely to fix anything. Not impossible...but unlikely.

Find a REAL scan tool, see what the data shows.

morgsie 10-10-2018 04:36 PM

Years ago my TBI caprice wouldn't pass emissions. Already had relatively new EGR and cat, tune up OK, changed oil, etc. Someone had put 4.3L injectors in it when I originally bought it and I put a set of unknown 350 injectors in it. It never ran "right" in the 7 years i owned it. Quirky idle and WOT always seemed to blah even with a 350. 7 years later I moved back home and was trying to get car through emissions testing but kept failing. Finally bought a datalogger cable and scanned with my laptop. BLMs showed ECU pulling fuel like crazy. Checked fuel pressure and set to 13 psi. Still pulling fuel like crazy. Replaced injectors (used from wrecker) and BLMs finally came into line, passed emissions with flying colours (best in 15 years according to records). Car never idled as good since I had owned it, seemed to have more power @ WOT and was smoother in general. Then I sold it a few weeks after.

Morale of the story: if you own a vehicle with fuel injection get a dagalogger.

Cartrax 10-23-2018 05:42 PM

Just bought a set of 90#ers for my crossfire brand new and I like "em. Rock Auto "Standard" is the brand not sure if they have yours though - good luck. BTW decent price and nice packaging.