Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Tech / General Engine (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tech-general-engine/)
-   -   Power Loss then Normal Again (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tech-general-engine/754393-power-loss-then-normal.html)

Nickole212 07-05-2018 05:07 AM

Power Loss then Normal Again

I drive a lot. Like 60,000 miles a year. My 2006 Honda Odyssey has been running perfect (170,500 miles). Oil changes on time, transmission flush about 30,000 miles ago, but not a lot of other stuff done. Today I ran it for about 2 hours. Shut her off for about an hour, then ran it about 1 1/2 hours. (typical daily driving is 6 hours straight, no issues). the DVD player was running, radio on, cell phone charging, and AC on full blast (as everything always is).

I go to stop at a red light and it was a rough stop. All the sudden the ABS light comes on, then the airbag light. These lights are flashing and going crazy then the battery light for my charging system came on. Light turns green and I felt like I was learning stick shift all over again with how jerky the car was. I got her going again then I cut off anything extra that was turned on, including the AC. All of the lights went off, including the battery/charging system lights. However, on the rest of my drive home it seemed like the inside lights were dim (this was at night). I don't really know though because I did turn the lights down as far as they would go to save power.

Anyway, the rest of the drive home was fine and no lights on. I got home, shut it off, turned it back on, no problems. Forgot to roll one of the windows up, so I turned the key in the on position, rolled it up, shut her off. No problems.

I do not know much about cars, but I am assuming an alternator going bad? Or could it be because it was so humid out that everything I had on just killed the power at that time? Is that even possible? Or could it be the spark plugs? Once in awhile the engine lights comes on and the codes read misfire, but there is no misfire engine sounds nor does the car drive differently. The light always goes off on its own shortly after.

sofakingdom 07-05-2018 08:34 AM

Re: Power Loss then Normal Again

This is a forum exclusively devoted to 82-92 Camaro/Firebird, not a general car tech Q&A.

Check on a Honda forum to find people that know those, or take it to a Honda dealer.

Nickole212 07-05-2018 09:27 AM

I apologize. I didn't even notice that. I googled a question and it brought me to this page so I posted here. Thank you.

sofakingdom 07-05-2018 09:34 AM

That's OK, we get lots of that here, we do tend to be quite technical people in general, but The Google apparently has googled everything about us except our rules... ;)

Pro 07-05-2018 05:47 PM

Well its nice to know that thirdgen shows up at the top of a google search even for hondas lol