Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Theoretical and Street Racing (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/)
-   -   camaro vs lightning (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/164203-camaro-vs-lightning.html)

CamaroFreak406 03-05-2003 11:39 AM

Originally posted by 383backinblack
i agree with almost all of that....the ford diesels are only slightly ahead of the duramax....and the duramax is a more friendly diesel...they rev like a gas motor driving around town.:D
I will agree with you about the Duramax the only problem is that if I buy a diesel I want a Diesel not a diesel that rev's like a gas engine!! And if I get a Diesel it better be a turbocharged with enough boost to actually blow Geo Metro's off the road :hail: when it spools. The Duramax Diesels aren't exactly up to the boost requirements for me :D . Maybe I'm just picky though.

Later, Garrett

383backinblack 03-05-2003 11:41 AM

Originally posted by CamaroFreak406
I will agree with you about the Duramax the only problem is that if I buy a diesel I want a Diesel not a diesel that rev's like a gas engine!! And if I get a Diesel it better be a turbocharged with enough boost to actually blow Geo Metro's off the road :hail: when it spools. The Duramax Diesels aren't exactly up to the boost requirements for me :D . Maybe I'm just picky though.

Later, Garrett

neither are the dodge diesels though....and with a little boost upping, there are guys running 12's up at NED with them.....on stock rims and tires i might add.

spartyon 03-05-2003 01:37 PM

YES the inline 300's where beast's but for duarbility not performance, Later, Garrett
i somewhat agree but not really. what do you consider performance. truckwise i consider performance to include towing and hauling. my truck, an 85 f150 with the 300, will pretty much tow anything. that thing is a friggin beast. and durable, yes my friend has an 87 that had 298 thousand + miles on it when it blew smoke so bad he had to hang his head out then window and swaped the engine. but those 300s are torque monsters. i personally think, besides a diesel, that the 300 are the best truck motor ever put in a truck. for such small cubes that thing put out great torque numbers. for a truck that is what one wants torque. you can tow crap with hp that is what the torque is for. all in all i just am tired of the i hate ford and will never drive one. why not? i bet if you were given a 68 shelby you would drive it.

383backinblack 03-05-2003 01:55 PM

Originally posted by spartyon
i somewhat agree but not really. what do you consider performance. truckwise i consider performance to include towing and hauling. my truck, an 85 f150 with the 300, will pretty much tow anything. that thing is a friggin beast. and durable, yes my friend has an 87 that had 298 thousand + miles on it when it blew smoke so bad he had to hang his head out then window and swaped the engine. but those 300s are torque monsters. i personally think, besides a diesel, that the 300 are the best truck motor ever put in a truck. for such small cubes that thing put out great torque numbers. for a truck that is what one wants torque. you can tow crap with hp that is what the torque is for. all in all i just am tired of the i hate ford and will never drive one. why not? i bet if you were given a 68 shelby you would drive it.
yup, know why? cause it used to be a POS ford....then carroll sheby turned it into a great car, ford didnt lol.

my 454 will outpull a 300 ford any way you slice it, it has 160K miles on it, and it doesnt burn a drop of oil either

spartyon 03-05-2003 03:05 PM

Originally posted by 383backinblack
yup, know why? cause it used to be a POS ford....then carroll sheby turned it into a great car, ford didnt lol.
he was on the ford payroll wasnt he. so does this mean that the chevy cars arent great it is just the guys who designed them? and i wasnt talking about the cobra just so you know. and to switch it from a mustang to a 69 torino talledega, you are telling me you wouldnt want to drive one of the best nascar cars of all time? ah right you wouldnt. i still dont understand why everyone hates ford or dodge or chevy. its the stupidist arguement ever. if you were stranded with a ford to drive and 40 miles to work everyday, ur telling me you would rather walk? are freaking nuts?

383backinblack 03-05-2003 03:19 PM

he was on the ford payroll wasnt he. so does this mean that the chevy cars arent great it is just the guys who designed them? and i wasnt talking about the cobra just so you know. and to switch it from a mustang to a 69 torino talledega, you are telling me you wouldnt want to drive one of the best nascar cars of all time? ah right you wouldnt. i still dont understand why everyone hates ford or dodge or chevy. its the stupidist arguement ever. if you were stranded with a ford to drive and 40 miles to work everyday, ur telling me you would rather walk? are freaking nuts?
id drive it, but id hate the living f*ck out of it the whole 40 miles everyday. lol

CamaroFreak406 03-05-2003 05:23 PM

but those 300s are torque monsters. i personally think, besides a diesel, that the 300 are the best truck motor ever put in a truck.

all in all i just am tired of the i hate ford and will never drive one. why not? i bet if you were given a 68 shelby you would drive it.

I know you didn't just say that the Ford 300 striaght 6 is the best (non-diesel) truck engine ever. The 300 Ford??? Yes very durable but not a pulling monster. What do you pull? I know around the farm we pull 2 loaded chopper boxes with the Chevrolet and that thing is working in the field, I have tried to pull with my cousin's 300 Ford 4x4 and no freakin' way (and that was with only one chopper box) that thing can't touch the 454. Maybe for people who live in town the Ford 300 is OK but us Hick (*******) Farmers need some Power Strokes or Cummins Power in a truck (Diesels are the G0D of work trucks) or if it has to be gas it better be a Big Block with some BALLS.

Later, Garrett

383backinblack 03-05-2003 05:41 PM

I know you didn't just say that the Ford 300 striaght 6 is the best (non-diesel) truck engine ever. The 300 Ford??? Yes very durable but not a pulling monster. What do you pull? I know around the farm we pull 2 loaded chopper boxes with the Chevrolet and that thing is working in the field, I have tried to pull with my cousin's 300 Ford 4x4 and no freakin' way (and that was with only one chopper box) that thing can't touch the 454. Maybe for people who live in town the Ford 300 is OK but us Hick (*******) Farmers need some Power Strokes or Cummins Power in a truck (Diesels are the G0D of work trucks) or if it has to be gas it better be a Big Block with some BALLS.

Later, Garrett

hehe you wanna talk durable, lets not forget the chevy straight 6....you could rot those trucks off the frame, and then drive what was left to the junkyard that motor was invincible.....but it had no balls.

one of my welders has a chrysler slant 6 in it hehehe

my 454 rocks, id love to have the 8.1L but the old man opted for the 6.0L in the new truck.

Inwo 03-05-2003 05:51 PM

This post has gotten offtopic and I don't see it returning to the topic of the board.