Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Theoretical and Street Racing (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/)
-   -   How do you 'pedal' it on the street? (5spd man) (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/435460-how-do-you-pedal.html)

JayBoCC2 08-10-2007 11:56 PM

How do you 'pedal' it on the street? (5spd man)

I'm just wondering how everybody here races with a stick... street or strip.

I dont believe i can get any kind of "launch" out of my car on the street. the strip with my MT sportsman pro's i can squeeze a 2k-3k launch out of them. but on the street even if i granny outta the hole and then romp on it i'll bust 'em loose and smoke up the place.

RITTER 08-11-2007 01:14 AM

Re: How do you 'pedal' it on the street? (5spd man)

thats just the beauty of having a stick!!!

Major rear suspension upgrades is what it sounds like you need!

5678TA 08-11-2007 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by RITTER (Post 3428855)
Major rear suspension upgrades is what it sounds like you need!

i disagree somewhat.. you would be better off with a tire upgrade.. like drag radials for the street.. its kinda fun actually.. you get so used to being able to haul off the line that when you go to another car, you burn tires like you stole the damn car!!

what do you have for suspension? all i see is a posi in your sig.. maybe LCARB's or a torque arm could help.. before i got my torque arm(back in the day) i would burn through second till about 5k.. after the torque arm went on, i would burn to 4k.. not sure if it was my driving or what but i felt that it helped.. *shrug*

25thmustang 08-11-2007 03:13 PM

I simply pedal it where the car is just breaking traction. In my opinion its the gear changes that are harder. I powershift every track pass, but on the street the 1-2 powershift is not easy. You end up having to pedal it which is what a powershift is more or less the opposite of. The street is harder with the debris on it, imperfections, no traction compound, etc...

QATransAm 08-15-2007 11:39 PM

^ yea go easy on the 1-2....and get some MT dr's for the street

ZONES89RS 08-15-2007 11:41 PM

I feather it outta the hole, it is all i can do besides roast them down, i hear a tq arm does wonders for this.

84L69TA 08-17-2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by JayBoCC2 (Post 3428792)
I'm just wondering how everybody here races with a stick... street or strip.

In the Dart...6000rpm and sidestep. In the Cuda...5500rpm and sidestep. Gas doesnt leave the floor until I pass the stripe

QATransAm 08-18-2007 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by 84L69TA (Post 3436243)
In the Dart...6000rpm and sidestep. In the Cuda...5500rpm and sidestep. Gas doesnt leave the floor until I pass the stripe

on dana's or built 8 3/4 rears no less...

try that **** on a 10 bolt :lmao: