Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Theoretical and Street Racing (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/)
-   -   Netflix Fastes Car (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/752363-netflix-fastes-car.html)

88Greg 04-15-2018 12:54 AM

Netflix Fastes Car

Anyone watching this ? Some Drama Some reality. Thirdgen Camaro in one ep.

Drew 04-15-2018 02:03 AM

Re: Netflix Fastes Car

I tried. Dude lost me when he said his thirdgen with a 6" tall cowl hood, slicks, and exhaust pipes sticking out the front fenders is a "sleeper".

Seems like the kind of car show I'm really not into. Too much bs and personalities, not enough wrenching. Seems to be the recipe for all car shows. Even how they screwed up Wheeler Dealers and made it another "send it out for a complete paint job" show.

midias 04-15-2018 12:20 PM

I watched it, it was fun the lambo lawyer guy redefined douche nozzle. None of those were sleepers

Bow_Tied 04-15-2018 12:47 PM

Just finished the first episode. I agree with the "too much drama, not enough wrenching" comment. I was going to stop but might watch just to see the 3rd gen.

TylerSteez 04-15-2018 12:58 PM

the show is way too cheesy, the guy said "i have all the best of the best stuff under the hood but the outside looks like sh*t" yet all it was was a beat up looking small block with nitrous.

as someone said earlier, all these car shows aren't made for real car guys, they're made for the people who think they're car guys but are really more into the fake drama. I can't watch any of those discovery shows, Monster Garage was the best car show Discovery ever made since it at least showed the people doing work even if the cars were 5 day crap builds.

SMS 1 04-15-2018 02:49 PM

Complete and utter garbage. Kept telling my wife that it had to be scripted because actual car guys wouldn't say or do a lot of things that were in the shows.

Felt really bad for Abel Ibarra and his Mazda though. At least that was an actual sleeper and a really unique original.

Thirdgen89GTA 04-15-2018 03:08 PM

Oh I believe that the cars were real cars. Owned by real people.

However in the interest of ratings they have amped up the drama to level 11 with fake arguments. Which actually turns me right off.

Go Blue 04-18-2018 02:04 PM

Way too much drama and definitely not enough wrenching. I watched the entire series some how but was definitely not really into it. The NY lawyer was a real dick and hopefully karma catches up to him and his lowsy sense of style. Too bad. It could have been a real show if it lost the drama.

thtanner 04-18-2018 03:04 PM

An hour to get to a sub 14s drag race... obviously way too much drama and too little details on the builds. First episode they focused on the ratrod guy's disability more than his ride, and that's kinda lame imo. He didn't seem like he wanted a pitty party. I'd rather you focused on my car, but maybe that's just me? Saw him cruising that car in Huntington once, too. Loud as hell!

Mrich0908 04-29-2018 10:15 PM

That **** box 3rd gen had barley a built motor. Looked like he shops for speed parts at pepboy. It was sad. I new it was going to be between the turbo LS swapped c10 and the 4g63. I couldn't beilve he honestly with a straight face said he was the fastest in the tri state area. I beilve if the C10 didnt take out so much ignition he would of done better.
When the lawyer said his art imitating his life . Showed the Lambo then then the stripper . I guess so, the both where pretty bad. I honestly think thats the worse paint job ive ever seen.

zya5point0 04-30-2018 08:40 PM

I finally watched the first episode last night. Kinda sucked me into it. I found the back stories interesting. The disabled guy building a cool old rat rod. Daughter of a Hollywood stunt driver/ car builder. The sleeper minivan (other than that big old intercooler, lol), and a guy who was a friend of Paul walker and there the day he died.

SirReveller 04-30-2018 09:40 PM

I liked the gangster with his Monte SS. Which ep has the 3G?

detltu 05-01-2018 01:05 PM

I could tell by looking at it that the show wasn't for me, but I was bored and decided to watch the first episode. It was better than expected, but still crap. I haven't watched any other episodes, but might watch one with a third gen. Which episode was that?

I don't know why it is so hard to make a good car show.

Manic Z 05-01-2018 03:05 PM

The thirdgen is in the third episode if I'm not mistaken.

I found the show entertaining. While I'm all for a full on wrenching show, I didn't mind the personalities behind the cars, along with their backstories. I found the race at the end more interesting, because most of the time I wasn't sure who to root for.....

GTA1990 05-07-2018 01:01 PM

I found it watchable but yeah seems like the investors/ production managers certainly have strong input into the show (i.e. its been through the focus group process).

All about that P/L; slightly dialled up working class backstories (not suggesting at all that fundamentally they are not sincere), slightly eccentric and ignorant supercar drivers (though I'm glad we at least get some representation from what appears to be people that have worked for their privilege), pulls in a broader target demographic than the real enthusiast niche.

bet the Buick GN guys are pissed at the lousy representation they got...

target demographic for this show btw; male, teen to about mid thirties, middle income, bit of a dreamer that looks to car culture for acceptance and validation, involuntarily practicing celibacy...

but seriously, I'll probably tune in for another season

NoEmissions84TA 05-07-2018 11:59 PM

I really, really miss Junkyard Wars.
No BS and personalities, all wrenching.

Zspoiler 05-08-2018 07:35 AM

Typical TV drama any more. Need to hear more about the cars.

pancherj 05-08-2018 08:48 AM

Outside of Roadkill and the associated spin-offs...there are no real good car shows left to watch.

Buddy 05-08-2018 10:24 PM

For car shows, I don't mind Street Outlaws and the Street Outlaws spinoffs, not for the acting, but for the actual races. The acting is scripted, but I think they let the racing play out as is. The chick Big Chief (Justin) left his wife for is pretty hot too, as is BoostedGT wife Kayla Morton. She used to race in the early seasons. On the spinoffs, Kye Kelly's girlfriend and JJ the boss's wife are nice to look at too while watching the show. Nice cars and eye candy go well together.
Vegas Rat Rides is worth watching for Cheyenne Ruether alone.

SirReveller 05-08-2018 10:42 PM

Fairly entertaining if overproduced and basically a reality show. Could definitely use more than four seconds on the specs of each build but I suppose it’s not really a wrenching show. Actual NHRA drag cars destroying the seven figure ‘rraris and lambos would have been highly amusing for at least one ep, certainly more “fair”.

At the end of the day it beats phony crap about looking for gold or fighting alligators or some voyeristic BS about midgets or the morbidly obese or whatever like that which is what’s usually on these days.

x55Cam 06-21-2018 11:55 AM

I've tuned myself off for quite a while for the reasons many have pointed out with the these reality car shows, though there are some I have been following lately that seem very subdued in the drama department like, JDM Legends , for example. Those dudes are very cool and are very focused on what they are doing , as far as car enthusiasts go. Would recommend this one.