Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Theoretical and Street Racing (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/)
-   -   has it ever been thought to race an 82 trans am from NYC to LA (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/theoretical-street-racing/756357-has-ever-been-thought.html)

BIG-DON 09-28-2018 01:15 PM

has it ever been thought to race an 82 trans am from NYC to LA

i plan to take a supercharged 82 trans am cross country from new york to la in about 28 hours. it sounds crazy but im going to do nit. i was wondering if anyone has any pointers for such journey if so, please email anything to jd896334@gmail.com. any help is appreciated and wanted.

Abubaca 10-01-2018 01:00 PM

Re: has it ever been thought to race an 82 trans am from NYC to LA

28 hours is pretty close to the record, isn't it? Fuel, fuel, fuel. Can't stop more than a few times.

BIG-DON 10-01-2018 01:09 PM

actually the record is 28 50. i plan to, theoretically, break this record. i doubt that ill make my 50 min. difference but i need a target to shoot for otherwise, why even do it. i am open for suggestions. the guy used a mercedes with a 65 gallon tank. and stopped 3 times for gas. with a total of 40 min. stopped

Abubaca 10-01-2018 01:21 PM

Ed Bolian. Read quite a bit about it. Seen his interview too. ...I think since, Alex Roy and his team have done it even faster.

scooter 10-02-2018 11:16 AM

Make sure you tell your CC company that you're going to be travelling so they don't flag it for fraud when you exceed their theoretical imposed time/destination limit :lol:

Abubaca 10-02-2018 12:06 PM

LOL....good to see lots of people watch those stories!

scooter 10-02-2018 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6254209)
LOL....good to see lots of people watch those stories!

That part was a riot

Big&BadGTA 10-02-2018 09:45 PM

Not in a TA, but gone coast to coast in many cars. Most of the time, quickly. A hot TA is not my first choice for flying low. Just saying.

punkmaster98 10-02-2018 09:58 PM

Alex roys bmw was pretty heavily modified for that journey and very well coordinated with a team of people.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...e97a3e74db.jpg

Abubaca 10-03-2018 07:34 AM

Who's the latest guy to set a record? Thought it was Alex, but DEFINTELY didn't go back and double check. Thought it was in an Infinity with dual controls. Again....haven't gone back and double checked facts....

BIG-DON 10-03-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6254373)
Who's the latest guy to set a record? Thought it was Alex, but DEFINTELY didn't go back and double check. Thought it was in an Infinity with dual controls. Again....haven't gone back and double checked facts....

Ed bolian did it in a modified Mercedes I believe. I am doing a lot of research to make this happen I’m just not necessarily experienced In long distance driving. And he had a team of 4 people. One scout driver, one co driver and a passenger.

Abubaca 10-03-2018 02:58 PM

Yeah....current record team had dual steering wheels and a spyhunter-esque smoke machine...which they supposedly actually used effectively on one occasion. And he had police officers from coast to coast on board to help him out. It's quite serious for those doing it.

While interesting, I think I'd rather watch the Hallmark channel with my wife than sit in the car that long!

DynoDave43 10-04-2018 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6254455)
While interesting, I think I'd rather watch the Hallmark channel with my wife than sit in the car that long!

The Christmas shows are starting soon.

BIG-DON 10-05-2018 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by DynoDave43 (Post 6254776)

they seem to just play the same 3 things over and over again. you notice how bad it gets when you happen to get the flu really bad and are too lazy to move two feet to pick up the remote

Abubaca 10-05-2018 11:19 AM

OMG it's horrible. My wife's favorite thing to do it sit down on the couch with carrots and almond butter and watch horribly depressing Hallmark shows that make her cry.:crazy:

I on the other hand like to blow money on car parts.:burnout:

battmann 10-05-2018 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Abubaca (Post 6254905)
I on the other hand like to blow money on car parts.:burnout:

+1 LOL :thumbsup:

BIG-DON 10-05-2018 01:50 PM

I can imagine

DynoDave43 10-07-2018 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BIG-DON (Post 6254871)
they seem to just play the same 3 things over and over again. you notice how bad it gets when you happen to get the flu really bad and are too lazy to move two feet to pick up the remote

The REAL agony behind having the flu.