Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Third Gen Association of Ontario (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/third-gen-association-ontario/)
-   -   A&E Documentary on Street Racing; Toronto. (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/third-gen-association-ontario/345539-e-documentary-street-racing.html)

freestylzz 02-08-2006 06:49 PM

A&E Documentary on Street Racing; Toronto.

I caught the 1 hr show on street racing last night on A&E just after midnight.

Looks like it was filmed here in Toronto, specifically the Woodbrige area.

Not sure if it's a year or two old, as I've never seen it.

In particular they were following 2 guys. One named Rob, the other Mike.

Mike is the one with the white '94ish Civic hatch that ran 12.1's at the local track.

Rob is the other guy trying to beat Mike at any cost for bragging rites.

Talk about 2 wanna-be "Fast & The Furious" characters.

Looked like these guys were completely hooked on late night street racing, like crackheads need their fix.

Interesting. I was just waiting for the Italian "ball-grabbing" (my balls are bigger than yours) to start (didn't see any of it though").

Hylton 02-08-2006 07:09 PM

That thing is about 6 years old. Actually done before Fast and Furious came out.

FlyinLow89 02-08-2006 08:12 PM

ya thats gotta be 6 years old. theres a clip of my brothers 5.0 racing in that show, and i also know a few of the guys in there....I was in high school when that documentary was first aired so i know it was a while ago.

Acceld Z 02-08-2006 09:46 PM

As lame as that "documentary" is, the 15 times the police admit to profiling is hilarious. And the 2 douche bags they follow around are complete degenerates. Hopefully they've managed to off themselves in a glorious meeting of APC products, cheap cologne, and fire.....lots of fire.

johnyIROC 02-08-2006 09:48 PM

Originally posted by Acceld Z
As lame as that "documentary" is, the 15 times the police admit to profiling is hilarious. And the 2 douche bags they follow around are complete degenerates. Hopefully they've managed to off themselves in a glorious meeting of APC products, cheap cologne, and fire.....lots of fire.
:werd:

Eric2ndGen 02-09-2006 01:52 AM

I never could figure out how someone with some car knowledge and the desire to work on their own car could keep pouring thousands and thousands into a Civic when he could've been doing the same times for 1/3 the price with a domestic RWD platform- obviously had alot of money to waste (apparently not based on the presentation) or a ***** hangup to overcome.

I don't know when it was filmed- but it didn't get shown on A&E until early 2002.

Edit:Why is the board *****'ing the word "R I C E R." -above ???

Cruz'N Bruz'R 02-09-2006 07:34 AM

Most of them don't turn a wrench on their car. They drive their stock car to a shop over the winter and say make it fast. Either mommy and daddy will pay for it, or my OSAP will.

Acceld Z 02-09-2006 11:50 AM

Originally posted by Eric2ndGen
I never could figure out how someone with some car knowledge and the desire to work on their own car could keep pouring thousands and thousands into a Civic when he could've been doing the same times for 1/3 the price with a domestic RWD platform- obviously had alot of money to waste (apparently not based on the presentation) or a ***** hangup to overcome.

They mod Civics for the same reason they wear studded white vinyl belts and women's jeans.......it's trendy. Jesus, Eric, didn't you see those 2 goofs? Probably the only way they'd gain social acceptance is to have a nice car and the accompanying "props" from the fanboys.

freestylzz 02-09-2006 05:06 PM

I was trying to figure out if these guys own their own shop, or just hang out at one pretending to turn a wrench, but strictly pouring bagloads of cash in those toy cars.

I remember watching the first 15 minutes and how this guy Rob pulls out his campact Mazda or Nissan, then runs a 14.5 second quarter mile.

Looks like York Regional were clamping down hard on the scene.

Why the would subject themselves to this and let everyone in on what they are doing beats me. Everything was on tape, so it's not like they can say they don't street race.

Watching this thing made me recall the time I used to hang around late nights with characters like these. Pretty sad. But what wasn't was the fact most of them were running BBC's.

Cruz'N Bruz'R 02-09-2006 09:09 PM

Is that the one where the cop is like

" If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then I call it a duck..."

Acceld Z 02-09-2006 09:15 PM

That's the one. It's a monument to all that is gay. I think they've played it 5 or 6 days in a row.

Could this, by any chance, have something to do with those dummies that killed the cabby in TO a few weeks ago? Surely the media wouldn't stoop to something so overtly lame.

chevy91 08-01-2008 10:40 PM

Re: A&E Documentary on Street Racing; Toronto.

hey just wondering were can i view this video??

The Project 08-02-2008 02:43 AM

I think that documentary is older than 6 years.

I like how Rob is saying his RX7 is pushing over 450hp yet the dyno shows only 270 hp. :bs:

The other guy, Mike (with the white civic) is fairly respected in some circles. He did have the fastest import in Ontario. Still no match for a lot of cars out there, but his 1/4 mile time was respectable.

cam- 08-07-2008 09:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rJn6IchDr8

automorph 12-22-2008 08:39 AM

this is a 3rd gen board.......those cars THEN would thump 95% of the cars on this board NOW......never mind how fast they are going now.....lol you guys post like everyone has a LS6 :crazy:

Hawk92z-TDZ 12-22-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by automorph (Post 3984072)
this is a 3rd gen board.......those cars THEN would thump 95% of the cars on this board NOW......never mind how fast they are going now.....lol you guys post like everyone has a LS6 :crazy:

Most of the posts in this thread were from 2006 man :lmao: and I dont know about 95%, theres some fast cars on here m8 :idiot:

The Project 12-22-2008 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by automorph (Post 3984072)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...89/vtech21.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...wPicture23.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...wPicture35.jpg

MFaust89 12-22-2008 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by freestylzz (Post 2738071)
I caught the 1 hr show on street racing last night on A&E just after midnight.

Looks like it was filmed here in Toronto, specifically the Woodbrige area.

Not sure if it's a year or two old, as I've never seen it.

In particular they were following 2 guys. One named Rob, the other Mike.

Mike is the one with the white '94ish Civic hatch that ran 12.1's at the local track.

Rob is the other guy trying to beat Mike at any cost for bragging rites.

Talk about 2 wanna-be "Fast & The Furious" characters.

Looked like these guys were completely hooked on late night street racing, like crackheads need their fix.

Interesting. I was just waiting for the Italian "ball-grabbing" (my balls are bigger than yours) to start (didn't see any of it though").

ahah woodshit(woodbridge).. i know the roads there are great for the "shift, shift, shift, shift":driving: . special on weston rd, between langstaff and rutherford! about italians.. the new gen of italianos are soft and perdenti too. i dont picture them in street racing LOL

MFaust89 12-22-2008 03:15 PM

i was wondering, does anyone know anything more about the project track? weird such big city as toronto doesnt have one :confused: