Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Third Gen Association of Ontario (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/third-gen-association-ontario/)
-   -   Has Paradise Alley gone out of buisness? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/third-gen-association-ontario/350214-has-paradise-alley-gone.html)

speedmachine 03-04-2006 11:00 PM

Has Paradise Alley gone out of buisness?

Ive tried to email and call them and i never get them.

Does anyone know if they are still in operation?

Speed

George 03-04-2006 11:54 PM

Maybe they're just laying low for awhile trying to drive up prices.

speedmachine 03-05-2006 12:04 AM

Yes
87roc_t56 thought the same as well

Speed

D's89IROCZ 03-05-2006 02:54 PM

Originally posted by George
Maybe they're just laying low for awhile trying to drive up prices.
you mean even more ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

freestylzz 03-05-2006 03:30 PM

Honestly though, try finding parts for 3rd gens nowadays....

Last time I was there was 3 years ago. Haven't really needed them since.

Maybe they'll be opening soon when they get back from Florida ;)

speedmachine 03-08-2006 05:37 PM

No i totaly agree. Their prices are very high, but when you need something sometimes they are the only option.

~87Bird~2.8~ 03-12-2006 12:12 PM

i agree...there are no junkyard around me that have anything worth buying off them...only place worse P.A. is my local GM dealer...haha...

Daz 03-12-2006 01:28 PM

thats because they have a deal with a lot of yards to have first dibs on the thirdgens

Hylton 03-12-2006 04:00 PM

It's even bone dry in the Ottawa - Gatineau area scrap yards. Last summer I walked 8 of them and not one had an IROC or 3rd gen T/A.

speedmachine 03-12-2006 04:57 PM

well for sure there is slim pickins this side of the border.
Paradise alley , dealer, or internet are pretty much the only good ways to get things you want.

speed

mikesz1984 03-12-2006 06:05 PM

the five or six yards i go to in this area have none, i talked to a few of the owners and they just basically put them on the pile to be crushed when they come in, they dont want to keep something that they wont sell many parts off of.:mad:

'89 superbird 03-13-2006 07:49 AM

we talked to a guy at the auto show that runs a recycling yard and he told us that you might as well not even bid on a Trans Am/Camaro if Paradise Alley is around as they will outbid you. He said they never put their arm down at the auction when as is cars come up :p

Hylton 03-13-2006 08:39 AM

Originally posted by '89 superbird
we talked to a guy at the auto show that runs a recycling yard and he told us that you might as well not even bid on a Trans Am/Camaro if Paradise Alley is around as they will outbid you. He said they never put their arm down at the auction when as is cars come up :p

Mmmm - Sounds like I should put my parts cars in the auction so they can buy them!

1fun zed 03-13-2006 10:08 AM

yeah, give them more of a monopoly so they can charge even more

Hylton 03-13-2006 10:12 AM

Funny thing is - when you do try and sell something at half the PA price, nobody wants to buy it.

1fun zed 03-13-2006 11:42 AM

I buy/sell all my parts privately as I won't pay their price unless I absolutely can't get them anywhere else and need it desperately. I think we should all just boycott them and their high prices and start to share the wealth of our parts cars.

It's a shame that people think the prices we ask for parts are too much when PA sells a small moulding for $10 that I would give away for free

freestylzz 03-14-2006 05:37 PM

Ya, they are out to lunch for the most part.

Three years ago I went to see them about getting a catalytic hangar for my exhaust system. The dude there pulls out a used piece that looks like it's got weather dried rubber on it. He wanted $75 for it. I told him no. Then asked me if I'd give him $50. Regardless I wouldn't have given him a dime considering the condition it was in.

So last month I call up Collins Automotive and pick up a brand new aftermarket piece for $16.85.

Go figure.

speedmachine 03-14-2006 06:06 PM

some of there prices make me sick.

They charge what gm wants new or higher for junk.

Speed

~87Bird~2.8~ 03-14-2006 06:25 PM

My g/f bought me a new dash cover for xmas and they quoted her 3 time each time got more expensive...and then they told her shipping was included...then they called her and asked for more money cuz they fogot to add the shipping...she was so pissed...i think she paid well over 200 for just the dash and the shipping...after being quted less then 100 shipped to her door...and it was late on top of everything...jerks!

Demon355 03-14-2006 06:51 PM

f*ck em...nuff said

85z28guy 03-14-2006 07:01 PM

I can't beleive anyone buys a thing off them. My uncle went to get the one gfx peice on the drivers side door, and they want $75 for one with spider cracks and primer all over it. :p He just laughed in their face.

Acceld Z 03-14-2006 08:13 PM

I remember being quoted $600 for a set of "trashed" GTA seats. That's how the guy on the phone desrcibed them lol.

Daz 03-14-2006 09:00 PM

Ive known them for about 13 years now..I still wouldnt buy a thing from them though :lmao:

pearl_iroc 09-07-2006 08:53 PM

i agree there prices are crazy i went there to get a quote on a few thing things

150 for ac delete pulley and barcket, i had no choice but to buy it, at the time i needed it badly

15 for thee litte switch that controls how hard u want the ac to blow

40 for the jug that holds the windsheild washer fluid

35 for the plastic shroud the goes in the front wheel wells

200 for plastic headliner

25 for a interior door handle

100 for used but not cracked park lights and he wanted to give me a rebate of a wopping 10 bucks for my old ones which are not cracked just needed sum tlc

these guys a are pure con artists

Zdrrguy 09-08-2006 03:43 PM

We have parts , what do ya need ??

trigger GTA 09-10-2006 08:44 PM

i just ran into thier booth at barrie swap meet today. so they are still selling parts

trigger GTA 09-10-2006 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by pearl_iroc (Post 3052724)
i agree there prices are crazy i went there to get a quote on a few thing things

have you seen this in ON or even Canada for less? i need one and they are the only ones i have seen that even stock them.

The_Wraith 09-10-2006 09:38 PM

You can fix your weak damaged healiners by coating them with fiberglass resin. It will make them very strong.

trigger GTA 09-10-2006 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gnarley_Boarder (Post 3055808)
You can fix your weak damaged healiners by coating them with fiberglass resin. It will make them very strong.

tryed that. now i am looking for a new one:mad:

MonteCarSlow 09-11-2006 03:32 PM

Love 'em or hate 'em, but the stuff only sells when the buyer and seller agree on a price...

The prices are relatively high but they will almost always have what you are looking for. We are paying them a premium to store parts for us in their warehouse.

Personally, I'm grateful they are around! Try finding a TPI fuel tank sending unit in a bone yard (in my area at least)...

They had the last laugh when the DriveClean testing started. I'm sure they made quite a bit of $ selling emissions parts that most people took off and threw out years ago.

johnyIROC 09-11-2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by pearl_iroc (Post 3052724)

150 for ac delete pulley and barcket, i had no choice but to buy it, at the time i needed it badly

15 for thee litte switch that controls how hard u want the ac to blow

40 for the jug that holds the windsheild washer fluid

35 for the plastic shroud the goes in the front wheel wells

25 for a interior door handle

100 for used but not cracked park lights and he wanted to give me a rebate of a wopping 10 bucks for my old ones which are not cracked just needed sum tlc

these guys a are pure con artists

Those prices actually sound reasonable compared to what they quoted me over the phone for things in the past (I think I got a quote for over $2000 for a disc rear). I never ended up purchasing a single thing from them... I found everything I needed either on ebay or private seller.. or brand new for less than a quarter of what they were asking even after shipping and all other expenses. These cars just aren't rare enough to be asking those kinds of prices... YET. They literally made over a million of these things...

pearl_iroc 09-11-2006 08:42 PM

yea those are the prices wen i actualy went there to see em on the phone is a diff story, at first i called to find out if they had the ac delete pulley they said yea no prob 145, but i could nt get down there to pik it up right away so 2 weeks later i call and the guys like 175 i was like wtf i was told 145 hes like well i only have 2, so nows its 175 i was like i dont thinks so then he was like ok is 150 fair.. so i ended up buyin it.... wen i was there i saw the plastic headliner and it didnt look to great he said he only had 2 at the time but was gettin more but it looked kind of twisted and it wouldnt fit right, dont get me wrong if u need a part for ur f body theyve got it but come on these cars arent collectors yet and those prices were all for used but i must say that our car was pretty much built from there parts im not tryin to rip em maybe say there con artists was a lil harsh, but be careful of these guys they will empty ur account:eek:

The_Wraith 09-12-2006 07:24 PM

The fiberglass resin should work but then you need to do the headliner in felt and then glue the headliner material on top of that.

The Project 10-30-2006 07:02 AM

What should their prices be? I have bought many items from them and I do not find them that expensive for the quality I am getting. I bought an entire dash (not pad) for $ 150 and it was mint. I also picked up a centre console for $ 75 and a rear trunk panel for $ 75. I tell them to give me the best piece they have and I have no complaints.

Manic Z 10-31-2006 05:28 PM

I personally think they're great.
Some dude hit my rear quarter, and snapped my spoiler peice.
Called paradise, he said no prob, $20.
I show up couple hours later, the peice is waiting for me in his office.
20 cash, see ya.

D's89IROCZ 11-01-2006 11:27 AM

they must have thought you were cute or something lol . I went there for a part ...and the jacked the price when I got their . I would park my car before going there to get anything. Buddy was a real ******* too . The big fat guy . " this isn't the place for you , if you think thats exspensive "he said .

The Project 11-01-2006 12:09 PM

Big fat guy????

I deal with the owner (vince) nice guy. The price on the phone is the price you pay. I went down to pick up a power window recepticle (the piece that the window button fits into) anyway, he cuts up a harness for this part and the price........................FREEEE! No complaints on that price. Like I said I have never had a n issue dealing with the owner. Let's face it there are no 3rd gens in the boneyards worth looking at.

Eric2ndGen 11-02-2006 01:36 AM

You guys getting good deals, or even free bits are either lucky- or sometime very recently PA has decided they've lost far too much business by screwing people on prices (look how many people who visit here (thirdgen.org) and won't even consider calling them- and this is from years and years of experience trying to deal with them).

Examples I have of pricing in the past from PA:

Rear Axle, 10-bolt drum brake 2.73 gears, no posi- $350.00 in 1999 when there were still measureable amounts of thirdgens in regular wrecking yards.

Rear Spoiler, complete for mid-80s Firebird/GTA- $300.00 (1999).

Seatbelt set, grey, not perfect and needing cleaning, $200.00 (1999).

1985-1987 Monte Carlo SS Spoiler, still in one piece but needing new mount studs and sanding to get scratches out- $400.00 (2003).

I didn't buy any of these items from them- but was there when someone I knew did, or was quoted those prices by PA. If I could remember any other prices I'd post 'em, but those were the ones that offended me the most and stuck in my mind.

Manic Z 11-02-2006 07:31 AM

They're open to wheeling and dealing.

kaptinkafeen 11-02-2006 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Manic Z (Post 3113870)
They're open to wheeling and dealing.

You have to be to attempt to be or even remain competative....:eek:
-Andrew

The Phantom 11-30-2006 06:10 AM

Just a note, Paradise Alley is alive and well and open or business as usual. I was over there to pick up a couple of hard to find pieces the other day. I'm not sure who said it but you are right, these guys may be expensive but if you need it they seem to have it, I will further that by saying I also recieved some good advice on installation of this part.

I have been to these guys before and found my parts cheaper elsewhere but in this case they help me large!

Dave

zago7 02-20-2007 04:53 PM

I was quoted $275 for a steering column for my 87 Iroc without the steering wheel, got it from from a scrap yard in Hamilton for $75 with the wheel,
and $85 for a fuel tank with the sending unit intact.
I will never buy from those guys EVER!

LT1FUN 02-20-2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by trigger GTA (Post 3055761)
have you seen this in ON or even Canada for less? i need one and they are the only ones i have seen that even stock them.

Paradise Alley is still the biggest rip off I know of. Their price's are absolutely outrageous and more often than not, I've been quoted prices for used items that were MORE expensive than just buying them brand new. The nerve of these guy's is really something else... :mad:

We're trying to get a group purchase started through one of our sponsors (TPI parts) on a new ABS headliner. The "kit" includes the ABS headliner itself, as well as a new pair of sun visors and sail panels (rear speaker covers) all covered in your choice of 13 factory colors.

The cost to us would be $210 USD (which is pretty damn good considering all that your getting)

We already have 5 members who want "in" so all we need is another 5 to get the discount price. (10 orders minimum)

If you're interested, check out the "Group Purchases" Forum here on thirdgen.org :)

Scamo-2.8 02-20-2007 10:32 PM

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and if that means paying a high price for a part that you can't get anywhere else... well so be the fun of owning a car that is getting on in years.... In other words I've paid their prices a couple of times... Maybe I should've been a pontiac 6000 LE guy instead... :lmao: All hail the GOOOLE! lol (ok celebrity or cutlass ciera if you want):lmao:

tripper 02-21-2007 04:42 PM

lol I have a GOOOLE for my beater :cool:

freestylzz 02-22-2007 08:21 AM

I'm in need of a grey headliner myself. Preferably something that is non-cloth and fiber paper inerts like the original. A liner that is easy to clean and maintain and last for many years. Do they make plastic / vinyl headliners??

I don't know anything about the ABS headliner??

If it's worth it you can count me in aswell.

Scamo-2.8 02-22-2007 05:56 PM

Hey Tripper, you have a goolie for a beater??!!! Guy! Seriously, Get that thing on a rotiserie and restore her to her grand beauty! Just think of all the ladies you'll pick up once you got her in gleaming glory crusin the scene...... You could even chop the roof, slam her to the ground, shave the door handles... Ok so maybe not that seriously after all.......
Ya I had an 88 for a few winters, it was a good car, great engine.... jumps pretty well too.....
lol

D's89IROCZ 02-23-2007 12:23 PM

whats a goolie ?

tripper 02-23-2007 12:27 PM

pontiac 6000 LE

D's89IROCZ 02-23-2007 12:29 PM

ohhh, :) I had a 1986 EXPO version . with the good old IROC duke in it LOL