Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Third Gen Association of Ontario (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/third-gen-association-ontario/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/third-gen-association-ontario/368549-new-member.html)

OSS 06-02-2006 12:13 AM

Hey all, I'm the Old Skool Soldier, here from Sault Ste Marie.

I'm 18 and a natuarl gearhear. I just rebuilt my carb today, first it's been done in what seems like the whole duration of my Camaros' life. She's an '83, and she underwent total mechanical resotoration last winter. Thanks for having me, I'm somewhat disapointed with the lack of a "Lounge" forum, just to hangout.

I'm from Camarosource.ca

-OSS

3whiterag 06-02-2006 06:07 PM

Welcome to the Board! Are you coming to the Ontario Camaro Club Nationals in St. Catharines next weekend. You will not be disappointed! Lots of Camaros and great people! Check out the OCC Site at The Ontario Camaro Club for details of the show.

OSS 06-03-2006 01:39 AM

Unfortionatly, I am in the process of rebulding my rear differential, so I cannot make any trips with the car yet :P Soon, however, I will beable to attend such functions! :)

I'll check out the site. Thanks

-OSS

3whiterag 06-03-2006 06:14 PM

It is amazing to me how many people have welcomed the new guy to our board!?:confused:

Pacer 06-04-2006 05:19 PM

Welcome OSS .... nice to see another early 3rd gen.
I've got an 82 myself..... mostly original equipment.

Ron

Demon355 06-04-2006 06:40 PM

What up dude, nice to see another young guy in the mix! Can't wait to see the car either!

George 06-04-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 3whiterag
It is amazing to me how many people have welcomed the new guy to our board!?:confused:

Maybe it's because the new format is like the inside of a fast food restaurant - it repells people so they don't hang around for too long..lol

Hello there OSS

Daz 06-04-2006 07:22 PM

WELCOME!!!!

Hawk92z-TDZ 06-04-2006 08:28 PM

howdy mr

OSS 06-04-2006 10:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm not used to this "quick reply" thing, I'm sure I'll get used to it, however. Yep, so I'm up north here in Sault Ste Marie.

Since I didnt do it in my original post, I'll give you guys a nice little bio.

My name is Dylan, and I'm 18. I purchased my '83 Z28 February 28th, 2005 upon reading an ad for her on my city website. I was kind of disapointed though, as the ad was for a Camaro. See, my first love was the Trans-Am. I desired one, but alas all the Firebirds I looked at, were junkers. I found my Cammie soon there after. The owner sent me a few pics, and I instantly fell in love. The guy wanted 2K, but we talked him down to $1200.

When I bought the car, the radio was on the passenger seat, and she had true duel exhaust slapped together very poorly. There were non-fireing cylinders, leaking fuel lines, holes galore, holes filled with tar..not to mention the wireing..oh man..the wireing was the worse.

We drove the car to my now ex's house, where her dad and I began to assess the car. All he wanted to do was tune the engine for me, being a mechanic. However, also being a perfectionist, one thing led to another, and so began the engine hoist, engine rebuild, re-wireing, patching the floor, rebuilding the frame, tearing out the interior, installing new floors, BUYING A PROJECT CAR, ripping parts from that car including the heatercore, seats, exhaust, hatch, nose, hood, gfx, all kinds of stuff, we also redid the door bushings and transmission, all kinds of stuff.

At the end of June, 2005 my car was complete mechanically. All that was really left to do was cosmetics.

Since then, I have heavily been into detailing my car. Clay, polysealent, microfiber cloths, everything. Hopefully I will score a shot in the Camarosource.ca calander for 2007. (Still accepting submissions until June 17th, for those who are interested.)

Alright, I suppose thats enough of a speach for me. Thanks for the welcome guys.

-OSS

johnyIROC 06-04-2006 10:45 PM

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :driving:

Paul_Hughes_87 T/A 06-05-2006 04:03 PM

Welcome to the board

Kevs87TA 06-05-2006 06:21 PM

Welcome to the board. Hope to see that car out to some of our events this year.

koolbreeze92 06-07-2006 11:53 AM

Whats up everyone !!!!

Hey, just thought I would intro myself and say what a cool site this is.
I own a 1992 Trans Am that was purchased in the middle of May of this year. Its in pretty good shape except for a couple of little rust spots around the back fenders that will soon be rectified. Its brilliant red metallic with T-tops .
I got lucky when I bought it as the original build sheet with all the RPO numbers was in the cubby hole in the d side back compartment.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone as I will be getting ideas about upgrades i.e ASCD hood,1"-2" drop,17" 4th gen rims on 245/45/17 tires.
So take care and keep the rubber on the ground !!!!!

3whiterag 06-07-2006 01:09 PM

Koolbreeze92,
Welcome to the board. :burnout:

82 Iron Duke 06-07-2006 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by OSS
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm not used to this "quick reply" thing, I'm sure I'll get used to it, however. Yep, so I'm up north here in Sault Ste Marie.

My name is Dylan, and I'm 18. I purchased my '83 Z28 February 28th, 2005 upon reading an ad for her on my city website. I was kind of disapointed though, as the ad was for a Camaro. See, my first love was the Trans-Am. I desired one, but alas all the Firebirds I looked at, were junkers. I found my Cammie soon there after. The owner sent me a few pics, and I instantly fell in love. The guy wanted 2K, but we talked him down to $1200.

When I bought the car, the radio was on the passenger seat, and she had true duel exhaust slapped together very poorly. There were non-fireing cylinders, leaking fuel lines, holes galore, holes filled with tar..not to mention the wireing..oh man..the wireing was the worse.

We drove the car to my now ex's house, where her dad and I began to assess the car. All he wanted to do was tune the engine for me, being a mechanic. However, also being a perfectionist, one thing led to another, and so began the engine hoist, engine rebuild, re-wireing, patching the floor, rebuilding the frame, tearing out the interior, installing new floors, BUYING A PROJECT CAR, ripping parts from that car including the heatercore, seats, exhaust, hatch, nose, hood, gfx, all kinds of stuff, we also redid the door bushings and transmission, all kinds of stuff.

At the end of June, 2005 my car was complete mechanically. All that was really left to do was cosmetics.

Since then, I have heavily been into detailing my car. Clay, polysealent, microfiber cloths, everything. Hopefully I will score a shot in the Camarosource.ca calander for 2007. (Still accepting submissions until June 17th, for those who are interested.)

Alright, I suppose thats enough of a speach for me. Thanks for the welcome guys.

-OSS

Thanks for the welcome over there, and welcome to the boards.

Z28_Scotty 06-07-2006 10:26 PM

Welcome to the board.

OSS 06-07-2006 10:42 PM

Well, My car is in the shop as of today, getting some serious work done lol.

I blew my rear differential two Fridays ago, so today I was finally able to get her into the shop. Out with the old 3.73 open diff, and in with a 3.42 limited slip!

Also, being fixed is my clutch (stupid non-hydrolic clutch), which will total around $500 :S. Thats alright though..I recently ordered some SubFrame connectors too, and they have arrived today! When my Camaro gets out of the shop, I'll see about installing the SFC"s!

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! I hope that since my car is in the shop, I can make more time for forums. I'll try my best to contribute to this site as well. Thanks for having me, all!

-OSS

Zdrrguy 06-09-2006 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by OSS

-OSS

Welcome OSS !!!

I hate it when you see people ( sorry OSS no disresepct here BUT Young people) get taken for their money .

I'm glad to hear everything worked out in the end , And dont fret Rome was not built in a day , You will always want to change this or add that to make the car to perfection.

We need to get more younger people interested in our style cars and get them away from the sh%t box hondas.

Nice to have ya aboard OSS !!

Mark (aka Zdrrguy)

3whiterag 06-12-2006 10:46 AM

I agree hole heartedly! WE have to get the younger crowd away from the ricers and back to good old American Muscle!;)

mikesz1984 06-12-2006 03:32 PM

I agree hole heartedly! WE have to get the younger crowd away from the ricers and back to good old American Muscle!;)

i agree, thats why i let my neice drive my z28 yesterday, it was her first time driving ever, and she had a big grin on her face the whole time(she only drove it in an empty parking lot)

OSS 06-12-2006 07:24 PM

I was driving home from work today with some nice Def Leppard on, crusing in gear 3, around 40km/h, just driving for the love of driving. :)

-OSS

Acceld Z 06-13-2006 01:17 AM

Welcome to the site :)

D's89IROCZ 06-13-2006 11:41 AM

welcome to the site man :)

Cruz'N Bruz'R 06-13-2006 04:40 PM

OMG! You mean I'm not the only one who listens to Def Leopard anymore? LOL

Welcome.

Zedsled 06-16-2006 05:21 PM

there's a crowd of us younger folk that are into muscle..Welcome to www.Spd-Kilz.com - Your Local Automotive Enthusiasts. Not all of the guys are into older muscle,some like the old imports.But still.Young people and those of us who own our own cars..the cars are older than the drivers.haha.

Welcome to the site OSS(yea i replied a little late.lol).20 year old with an 84 Z28 here.

OSS 06-16-2006 07:18 PM

Ow nice, ZedSled.., and pics?

-OSS

Zedsled 06-18-2006 02:13 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...e142005009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...e142005007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...e/20fa9ad9.jpg