Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   TPI (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/)
-   -   why do my new injectors leak down quickly (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/473831-why-do-my-new.html)

jjlabinski 05-04-2008 11:05 AM

why do my new injectors leak down quickly

Can anyone offer an opinion why my new accel 24 lb injectors bleed of pressure quickly when the engine is turned off?
thx
Jeff

afremont 05-04-2008 11:34 AM

Re: why do my new injectors leak down quickly

How do you know for sure that it's the injectors? It could be the fuel pump or plumbing. Did you put a new fuel filter in? Is there any possibility you got dust or dirt into the injectors during the install?

Theking 05-04-2008 02:41 PM

Is there yellow or silver/white accel injectors.. My Accel injectors (yellow) seems to be bad, (not all of them but some...)

I think I will buy new ones, Ford Racing injectors instead..

You can try and see if its the pump / or injectors / regulator..
Sqeeze the return hoose and see if the pressure holds.. if it holds your regulator or injectors are bad..

If you sqeeze the input after shutting of the ignition and the pressure holds its the pump, (f you remove the clamp and the pressure drops its going back thru the pump..)

If you start the car and remove the vacuumhose from the regulator, if it comes out fuel its bad.. you need to change the regulator.. if not, there may be your injectors that are bad..

jjlabinski 05-05-2008 06:21 PM

I have replaced everything it is the injectors they are the yellow 24 lb ones.

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent 24 lb injector? part#?

thx

Jeff

irocuroc 05-05-2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by jjlabinski (Post 3743348)
I have replaced everything it is the injectors they are the yellow 24 lb ones.

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent 24 lb injector? part#?

thx

Jeff

hi my brother has a set of Bosch 24 part 0280150947 used 1 day at the track trying to get his mustang right.. had to go to 30's.. he wants 150 for the 8.. they are perfect

jjlabinski 05-07-2008 05:03 PM

I am thinking about your offer. I kinda hate buy buy stuff not specific to my application

thx

jeff

irocuroc 05-07-2008 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by jjlabinski (Post 3746174)
I am thinking about your offer. I kinda hate buy buy stuff not specific to my application

thx

jeff

jeff the only reason that bosch injectors are not in you car is because of the contract with rochester products,, gm had to use that crap multec injector.. 85-88 had bosch in them.. then in 97 they went back to bosch.. now delphi has the contract.. the bosch work great in our engines

Theking 05-08-2008 12:48 AM

Yeah the bosch are really good, alot better then Accel yellow injectors.

The new White/silver Accel injectors are very good they say... I have the yellow ones, and its not running right with them...