Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   TPI (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/)
-   -   What are some good mods that WILL NOT hurt the orignality of the car (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/610160-what-some-good-mods.html)

jeremymsl 04-07-2011 03:11 PM

What are some good mods that WILL NOT hurt the orignality of the car

i have an 89 iroc 350 and i wanna keep it stock enough to be worth allot in a few years, iv put headers and a full exhaust but the headers were even kinda iffy to me, im putting new msd cap rotor coil and plug wires right now, what are some mods that i can do to get hp that wont bring down the resale "classic car" value.

freaky 04-07-2011 03:14 PM

Re: What are some good mods that WILL NOT hurt the orignality of the car

Originally Posted by jeremymsl (Post 4882741)
i have an 89 iroc 350 and i wanna keep it stock enough to be worth allot in a few years, iv put headers and a full exhaust but the headers were even kinda iffy to me, im putting new msd cap rotor coil and plug wires right now, what are some mods that i can do to get hp that wont bring down the resale "classic car" value.

just keep everthing you take off so you can put it back to stock later

jeremymsl 04-07-2011 03:27 PM

ya thats what i meant to do with the headers but i had to pretty much destroy the air tubes on the stock manifolds to take one side out -_-... so id rather just not risk it

freaky 04-07-2011 03:39 PM

you should be able to find a set hell i'll sell ya mine when i put my headers on

jeremymsl 04-07-2011 03:42 PM

haha nah i have the stock manifolds from my dads 89 vet its more the #'s matching part, i have the stock motor and tranny and all

Apeiron 04-07-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by jeremymsl (Post 4882755)
i had to pretty much destroy the air tubes on the stock manifolds to take one side out

Why would you have to do that?

jeremymsl 04-07-2011 08:56 PM

i didnt do it, my dad took out that manifold while i was working on the other side so i dont know i guess he had to bend them to get to a bolt or something

cuisinartvette 04-08-2011 06:57 AM

Quit worrying about value that may not be there. Way this economy is and all...

You can change things back later if you still want to at that point.

Drive and enjoy my friend lifes too short to worry about that type of stuff.

86T/A_Ram_Air 04-08-2011 07:38 AM

if you love your car and don't really plan on selling it do whatever you want to it...its your car, enjoy it, lifes to short to be worried about a value thats still is 20 years away

BADCAM70 04-11-2011 12:58 PM

On my car i do act like this "change the stuff that is bad or was just shitty stuff put on the car by the General when produced and lets make it like it should have been done"........so i did/do change stuff like:
Alu heads,camshaft,intake+SLP runners,panhard bar,subframe,roadholding stuff etc but from the outside you can not see anything except maybe the 4th gen leather 30th aniversary seats(original cloth bad/worn out)......ok it rides maybe 1-1½ inch lower than original.
So keep the car stock looking from the outside but improve weight and roadholding and more power thats my goals offcourse all original stuff is kept if someone wish to rebuild it back to original(heads cam intake runners).
I dont care about miles on the car i just drive it as much as i like its my car i like it and i live just once so..... :2cents: