Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   TPI (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/)
-   -   EGR Solenoid vacuum lines (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/756021-egr-solenoid-vacuum-lines.html)

micktroup 09-12-2018 12:21 AM

EGR Solenoid vacuum lines

Found my EGR solenoid does not have the vacuum lines attached(1991 5.7 TPI). Got burnt up in a fire. The locations where the lines feed into it are vertical ports, not horizontal connections. The rear one, closest to the distributor, has what looks like a rubber fitting or the remains of a vacuum line in it with a piece of hard vacuum line sticking straight up. The front port is open and looks large enough for a piece of vacuum hose to press into it.
1) Does it matter which line, EGR or throttle body, is hooked to which?
2) Are there fittings I am missing, or do I just press rubber vacuum line over the rear one with the thin hard line jutting out of it and rubber line into the front port?

I hope my description is vivid enough for you to get the picture...!

MaRiRS 09-12-2018 12:24 AM

Re: EGR Solenoid vacuum lines

Sorry, I have a question. How do you create a post? I have a problem with my camaro but i don't know where to go

micktroup 09-12-2018 12:31 AM

Go to the page for the subject you are wanting an answer on: In this case, 'TPI'. In the top corner of the page is a link to creating a post. First do a search to see if the question has been covered somewhere else- what's your problem?

MaRiRS 09-12-2018 12:35 AM

My 1990 Camaro RS has a really bad loss of power, and the whole car shakes really bad. When i take it for a drive it is so shaky and takes FOREVER to get to 40MPH. I had this loss of power problem twice. The first time, it went away after 5 days. I turned on the car, and it was revving by itself, and then i had all my power back. One month later, and the loss of power is back.

micktroup 09-12-2018 12:37 AM

Check the plugs and then the plug wires for cracking or shorts. If they look bad, you could have burnt a plug wire and be dropping a cylinder.

MaRiRS 09-12-2018 12:39 AM

The sparkplugs and sparkplug wires right

micktroup 09-12-2018 12:46 AM

Could be fuel or vacuum issues. Any idiot lights on the dash- have you checked for codes?

Pro 09-12-2018 11:27 AM

Take pics of the EGR valve because now Im curious what it looks like after a fire.
You can go to any parts store and pick up rubber fuel line. Its quite bendable and will slip right on easily. This is what I did with my truck on the egr and evap canister.

micktroup 09-23-2018 02:10 AM

Hooked up the vacuum lines from the throttle body to the solenoid and the solenoid to the egr. Car starts right up and I don't have to fight to keep it lit. Never ceases to amaze me how touchy the vacuum problems can make this motor...