Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   V6 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/)
-   -   Pop pop pop pop .... (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/130617-pop-pop-pop-pop.html)

WaynesRS 09-07-2002 06:36 PM

Pop pop pop pop ....

Im hearing a popping sound coming from my rear somewhere . I dont think its the driveshaft or U-joints . It pops when I accelerate but not right off acceleration , it seems it starts when I get up to about 30 . I can take my foot off the gas and it does not do it as loud , but still does this . Think this could be a stuck e-brake ? ..Thanx guys

Just when I thought my car was doing so well .:(

Ryan_Alswede 09-07-2002 06:38 PM

did you check to see if you have a flat sometimes a low tire can make poping sounds on the assfault. Pull of the brake drums.

WaynesRS 09-07-2002 06:51 PM

Pull off the break drums ? ...are you saying it might be something to do with the break drums ? Thanx

Camar_Hunter_c 09-07-2002 06:56 PM

your drums/pads could be cocked to a side. that can make that sound. A flat spot in a tire also has the same effect, but you also get a shimmy with that. it could be a wear indicator as well. E-Brakes are famous for that noise when the shoes are wearing down.

stuart69427 09-11-2002 02:32 PM

d@mn Wayne, which side is yours doing that? My Passenger side, one of the shoes is gouging out the drum :doh: its getting annoying. It stopped when I put new shoes on there (man what a PITA) but now, just yesterday, it started again.

looks like I'm coping you now:eek: gonna check mine out tonight, I think I need to replace the hold down springs (forgot techinical name for them)

WaynesRS 09-12-2002 08:18 PM

My left rear wheel lug nuts were so loose , I could take them off very easily with my hand . I dont know how they got like that either .

AFrikanGoodTime 09-12-2002 11:17 PM

Originally posted by WaynesRS
My left rear wheel lug nuts were so loose , I could take them off very easily with my hand . I dont know how they got like that either .
Have you been in a fight with anyone lately? If so I would check them daily. Someone could be fu(king with you because they dont loosen on their own.

WaynesRS 09-13-2002 08:51 AM

Could be some jackass at school that cut me off on the interstate one day on purpose . I fliped him off . LoL . I'll be checking my lugs ....thanx man .

TomP 09-13-2002 10:11 AM

Happened to me once; had a wheel off with the car in the air, put the lugs back on with the impact wrench at it's slowest setting, dropped the car back to the ground, and Forgot to torque the lugnuts to spec!! A few days later, I'm driving, thump thump thump, pulled over right away, and saw the tire leaning sideways! Thank goodness it didn't leave the car- scary sight! So I jacked the back up and tightened the lugs down HARD...

Hey Wayne, you're a Sheryl Crow fan, right? I saw her this past Friday at PNCBank Center in NJ... great show! I was so mad at the crowd, though. I was laughing at them as they were sitting the whole time for Michelle Branch. (Me and the fiance weren't sitting down yet, having a few drinks before the show.) Branch finished, we took our seats, Sheryl came on, I jumped up- and nobody else did. (oops) They finally stood up at "soak up the sun", and then they sat back down! I stayed standing after that... screw 'em. :) The woman had to talk me out of going up to Albany, NY, the next day, to see her again. :D

WaynesRS 09-13-2002 01:38 PM

Originally posted by TomP
Happened to me once; had a wheel off with the car in the air, put the lugs back on with the impact wrench at it's slowest setting, dropped the car back to the ground, and Forgot to torque the lugnuts to spec!! A few days later, I'm driving, thump thump thump, pulled over right away, and saw the tire leaning sideways! Thank goodness it didn't leave the car- scary sight! So I jacked the back up and tightened the lugs down HARD...

Hey Wayne, you're a Sheryl Crow fan, right? I saw her this past Friday at PNCBank Center in NJ... great show! I was so mad at the crowd, though. I was laughing at them as they were sitting the whole time for Michelle Branch. (Me and the fiance weren't sitting down yet, having a few drinks before the show.) Branch finished, we took our seats, Sheryl came on, I jumped up- and nobody else did. (oops) They finally stood up at "soak up the sun", and then they sat back down! I stayed standing after that... screw 'em. :) The woman had to talk me out of going up to Albany, NY, the next day, to see her again. :D

Yeah , most of the time I really dig those chick rockers .Well , she really it not rock , but whatever she is , I really like her . I LOVE avril lavine , or however you spell her name ..... chill out , what you yellin for