Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   V6 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP SOMEONE GOT TO KNOW (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/475984-please-help-someone-got.html)

KRACKER JACK 05-18-2008 02:14 AM

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE GOT TO KNOW

i have a 90 3.1 auto camaro and i have a couple issues that i think are all intertwined first my car would die at stops usually on a slight hill but it would stumble on flat ground this only happens once in great while. it also revs up to about 4000-5000 rpm right after i start it.on top of that i have trouble code 32 and 45 and i have smog next month so any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

threepointone 05-18-2008 02:32 AM

Re: PLEASE HELP SOMEONE GOT TO KNOW

Sound's like you need an all-out TomP tuneup.

cre81r 05-18-2008 05:11 AM

EGR and your car is running rich.It calls for a tune up.

grimmcs 05-18-2008 05:16 AM

code 32 has to do with your EGR and 45 is from your o2 sensor saying you are running rich.
For the dieing and high idle, I would look at your vac lines. You might have a leak somewhere.

dodger65 05-18-2008 08:53 AM

check for a leaking injector or a split fuel pressure regulator diaphragm...:2cents:

SageMoonblade 05-18-2008 09:50 PM

You may have blown out a spray tip of an injector, happened once to me, causes the fuel to not fully atomize and can cause a seemingly rich condition. Do you notice any dark smoke from the exhaust?

KRACKER JACK 05-19-2008 12:13 AM

it smokes a little when i start it it runs good most of the time the vac lines spark plugs tps egr map air temp sensor ignition control mod ecm cat converter fuel pressure reg pcv iac cap and rotor and o2 were all replaced 2 years ago. the spark plug wires air filter and fuel filter were all replaced a less than a couple months ago. the ses light seems to come on more when i put ampm gas in it. could that affect it or is it just a coincidence the reason all these part were replaced is because when i got the car it had major issues and would not pass smog.

SageMoonblade 05-19-2008 01:02 PM

Have you checked your timing?

Tookie 05-19-2008 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by grimmcs (Post 3759010)
code 32 has to do with your EGR and 45 is from your o2 sensor saying you are running rich.
For the dieing and high idle, I would look at your vac lines. You might have a leak somewhere.

Bad or leaking EGR will cause all of these problems.
Make a little block-off plate to put in between the gasket and
the intake manifold, where the EGR tube meets the intake - that'll
let you see if it's the problem, before dropping big bucks on the EGR

ramshead 05-19-2008 04:42 PM

i had the same problem with my 89 2.8 had it for 11 yrs what it needs is agood tune up every fall .cap,rotor new plugs @ wires. also check your egr vacuum assembly. i once had a mechanic break one of the plastic vacuum lines and neversaid athing.made the engine very sluggish going uphill.which eventualy broke the piston in the egr valve.made it stall every time i stopped.had to secure it to the manifold with a coat hanger.those are just acouple minor fixes but they can drive you nuts.the engine still ran like a top until i got rid of it in 06

KRACKER JACK 05-21-2008 03:08 AM

today i did my spark plugs and it still revs up and runs rough at stops i notic when it does this that my battery gauge also goes down a little

KRACKER JACK 06-03-2008 03:09 AM

i replaced the egr valve and it stopped revving up and staling out thanks guys