Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   V6 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/)
-   -   High CO2 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/780026-high-co2.html)

mikiman 02-22-2022 07:29 AM

High CO2

Hello from spain. The firebird 3.1 from 1990 gives a very high smoke. The O2 lambda sensor detects too much consumption but it seems that it does not regulate the air-fuel ratio well. It doesn't give any error code. Te car has been standing for 8 years. I have changed the fuel pump and the gauge (now it shows the fuel level wrong), the filter and the oil. The exhaust is rusty but I covered the rotten ones. The idle is low and sometimes it even stalls. I changed the gearbox before I stopped it years ago and since it gave me unstable idle I changed the egr, iac and TPS. Turned out it was the pump relay. What do you think it could be or what can I check? Thanks

mikiman 03-17-2022 07:28 AM

Re: High CO2

Hello. I have removed the spark plugs and one of them is wet with gasoline. The motor does not vibrate. I then understand that the injector is staying open and too much fuel is entering, because it is faulty, shorted or due to the control unit. Is it?
Because of I have to remove the intake manifold, throttle body, vacuum lines and fuel line to remove the injector rail....I won't be able to check them with the engine running. And it can't be repaired. Is it? Because the problem is not the dirty

OrangeBird 03-17-2022 05:37 PM

See post #5....

mikiman 03-20-2022 12:16 PM

Hello. To check the spark plugs by changing their place I have removed the one that came out wet with gasoline a few days ago. And today it came out dry. But with a crack, and by exerting a little force I have broken it through the ceramic. Maybe that's why it went wrong and it's not the injector that fails? And I have seen that the exhaust manifold screw is broken, which is right where the spark plug was

OrangeBird 03-20-2022 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mikiman (Post 6460399)
Hello. To check the spark plugs by changing their place I have removed the one that came out wet with gasoline a few days ago. And today it came out dry. But with a crack, and by exerting a little force I have broken it through the ceramic. Maybe that's why it went wrong and it's not the injector that fails? And I have seen that the exhaust manifold screw is broken, which is right where the spark plug was

Yep, if ya broke the plug installing it and it wasn't firing of course it'd be wet..... ;)

mikiman 09-21-2022 06:16 AM

Hello,

Today I went back to a workshop to check the CO2. They tell me that it must have an air intake somewhere, and that is why a lot of gasoline enters. Start by looking for air inlets. The muffler has holes. can it be just that?

Does anyone have a schematic of the air intake system? with the components, tubes, etc.

If I placed the fuel pump tubes wrong, could that be the problem? I made a hole in the trunk and covered it up, and it's a lot of work to open it up again.