Problems / Help / Suggestions / Comments Let us know if you're having any problems with the site or board software. Post any ideas you might have for ThirdGen.Org here.

issue with logging out automaticly after certain amount of time passed?

Old 08-02-2017, 02:07 PM
BHR

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

having this issues i believe since i sign up years ago when im typing a reply post in the forums and its a large post when i hit post after typing it it states that i dont have permission to do so ect. and i look up and see that im logged out

this doesnt occur when making short posts that dont take long to type up is there something in the user settings that is auto logging me out after a certain amount of time has passed?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:11 PM
BHR

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

having this issues i believe since i sign up years ago when im typing a reply post in the forums and its a large post when i hit post after typing it it states that i dont have permission to do so ect. and i look up and see that im logged out

this doesnt occur when making short posts that dont take long to type up is there something in the user settings that is auto logging me out after a certain amount of time has passed?
Old 08-02-2017, 10:02 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: issue with logging out automaticly after certain amount of time passed?

Like nearly all vBulletin based forums, there is a session timeout that is used to define someone as no longer active. We have ours set to about 20 minutes. If you're simply typing a long post, you're not seen as active as data is not being transferred to the server but instead is being done in your browser on your computer. Anytime the server sees active on your account, by clicking links, the 20 minute timer is reset.

To prevent being logged out automatically, use the Remember Me option when you log in. If you're already using the Remember Me option when you log in, then you have an issue with your browser. Either your browser has a corrupt cookie for our site, you're clearing cookies, or your browser is set to delete cookies when closed.

Search this Thread