South West Region South West regional discussion board.

paint booth rentals? Yuma AZ

Old 02-20-2017, 08:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Stock
paint booth rentals? Yuma AZ

I'm looking to paint my GTA here in the early spring. Just need to finish my spoiler and a couple of dings. I've been searching online and asking around at local parts shops whenever I go but I still have yet to find out whether or not there is a place that will let me rent a paint booth for a day. At this point I'd rather NOT paint the car I'm my garage so that's why I'm looking for a rental. If anyone has any info Id appreciate it.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: paint booth rentals? Yuma AZ

Due to insurance and liability issues, I doubt you'll find a paint booth for rent outside of a privately owned one in someone's home shop. The only exception to this is for military personnel who might get lucky and have one available in the base hobby shop. But friends tell me most of the paint booths have been removed from those for similar reasons.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:06 PM

The base here does not have one. 1st place I checked. I found a place offering what im looking for on craigslist in San Diego. I'm sure there is someplace local that does it...at least I'd like to think so.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Year later update...

I found a place last year that will offer me a 24hr rental for $70 a day. I just bring my own equipment and paint (minus the compressor).

Anyone know of a place that will spray it for me if I do all the prep work myself like a tech school or something?
Old 02-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

We had a neighbor get a surprisingly good paint job at Maaco a couple years ago after doing all of the prep work himself. Seems they can shoot paint, they just don't do very good prep work.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking more and more to go that route. Just prep it, buy materials, and have someone spray it for me instead of spraying it myself. It's been since high school since I've painted a car so I'm by no means proficient with a paint gun but the prep work is just patience and attention to detail. Would be much easier to prep it, tape it, and trailer it to paint place and have them spray it for sure.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 TA Convertible
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: THM 700

I'm in Yuma and have a car that will need painting also after I finish the primer and body work . I was talking to the owner of Tom's auto body on 8th street. He said they would spray it if I provided the paint. The price he quoted me was pretty cheap . I'm doing the primer and body work myself without the booth since any defects can be sanded out. I've already added a compressor in a shed outside my house
I thought about building a spray booth but after talking to him, it seems like a better route to let him just spray the paint and clear . Let us know how it goes .
Old 03-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

Just find an autobody program and they will gladly spray it for you. The community college up here does that all the time. Hell, if you were willing to drive to San Diego drive up my way and the shop instructor will paint it himself in the booth on a weekend for some cash.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by dstss
I'm in Yuma and have a car that will need painting also after I finish the primer and body work . I was talking to the owner of Tom's auto body on 8th street. He said they would spray it if I provided the paint. The price he quoted me was pretty cheap . I'm doing the primer and body work myself without the booth since any defects can be sanded out. I've already added a compressor in a shed outside my house
I thought about building a spray booth but after talking to him, it seems like a better route to let him just spray the paint and clear . Let us know how it goes .
So do you plan to tape the car up at his place then? What did he ask to spray the car?
Old 03-09-2018, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 TA Convertible
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: THM 700

The car is completely stripped, fenders off, etc. I asked him if it needed to put it all together or to bring it in as is, (after I do the primer work). He said he would spray it in the separate prices and told me 300 to spray it if I provide the paint. We didn't get into details as to how many coats he was talking about or doing clear coat.

Search this Thread