Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Anybody know what I can do to help improve my cars interior (1992 Camaro)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0L V8
Anybody know what I can do to help improve my cars interior (1992 Camaro)

I just bought this thing, and was wondering what I could do to improve its boring interior. Everything is stock in it as of right now.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody know what I can do to help improve my cars interior (1992 Camaro)-20170814_171337.jpg   Anybody know what I can do to help improve my cars interior (1992 Camaro)-20170814_171340.jpg  
Old 08-14-2017, 07:37 PM

Re: Anybody know what I can do to help improve my cars interior (1992 Camaro)

Also I am sorry for the blurry image, my hands shake a lot. It also didn't help that my camera wouldn't focus right.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Z28 1991 RS
Engine: LB9 LO3
Transmission: 5 speeds

Not quite all stock. Your front seats have been replaced with 4th gen seats. Nice set of third gen seats with the separate headrest will give it a more cohesive look.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:26 PM

So that's why the seatbelts are so damn weird in the vehicle. One's a 3rd gen and the other is a 4th gen, haha.

So I should change out the seats?
Old 08-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Supreme Member

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Car: '02 T/A WS6, '91 T/A, '91 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1, LB9, L03
Transmission: T56, 700R4, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.10 10 bolt, 2.73 10 bolts

Originally Posted by Kodas
So that's why the seatbelts are so damn weird in the vehicle. One's a 3rd gen and the other is a 4th gen, haha.

So I should change out the seats?

I would. They look out of place in the car IMO. Only problem is, finding nice original cloth 3rd gen seats is getting very tough these days.

If it were my car, I'd get some correct (or at least nice) looking floor mats for it, ditch the steering wheel cover, get a correct cig lighter to fill that hole, and get a brake pedal pad. Also, what's that gauge above the radio?

Last edited by navy02ws6; 08-16-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Originally Posted by navy02ws6
I would. They look out of place in the car IMO. Only problem is, finding nice original cloth 3rd gen seats is getting very tough these days.

If it were my car, I'd get some correct (or at least nice) looking floor mats for it, ditch the steering wheel cover, get a correct cig lighter to fill that hole, and get a brake pedal pad. Also, what's that gauge above the radio?
Ditto.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:24 PM

The gauge above the radio is the RPM meter. The one in my console cluster is broke, and instead of the previous owner fixing it, he put in a new one.

I'll look around for some 3rd gen seats, and if I can't find any I'll buy a pair of seats that match the back ones. The steering wheel cover hides a hole where a big chunk of foam is missing, so should I buy a cover that better matches the cars interior? I still have the cigarette lighter, it just falls out all the time - I'll buy a replacement for it soon.

I've been looking at some weathertech floor mats that look amazing, so I'll be buying some mats soon. Brake pad is also on the list now.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Car: '02 T/A WS6, '91 T/A, '91 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1, LB9, L03
Transmission: T56, 700R4, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.10 10 bolt, 2.73 10 bolts

Originally Posted by Kodas
The gauge above the radio is the RPM meter. The one in my console cluster is broke, and instead of the previous owner fixing it, he put in a new one.

I'll look around for some 3rd gen seats, and if I can't find any I'll buy a pair of seats that match the back ones. The steering wheel cover hides a hole where a big chunk of foam is missing, so should I buy a cover that better matches the cars interior? I still have the cigarette lighter, it just falls out all the time - I'll buy a replacement for it soon.

I've been looking at some weathertech floor mats that look amazing, so I'll be buying some mats soon. Brake pad is also on the list now.

Buy a new tach board from this guy https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...w-90-92-v.html , take the aftermarket one out.

Your rear seats look to be original/correct third gen seats, so they'll be tough to match properly.

I'm not a fan of steering wheel covers in general, that's just me. If you have to have one, I'd look for one that's just plain Black so it doesn't stick out as much. I do have a spare correct 1991-92 steering wheel that I need to take off my spare column. "Good" condition, no rips or tears, but typical micro cracking at the top. Will let you have it for $70/shipped if you're interested.

Yeah, my orig cig lighter looked great, but woouldn't stay in place either. Found one on eBay for $14/shipped. Doesn't work, but at least it stays in the hole.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:39 PM

Buy a new tach board from this guy https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...w-90-92-v.html , take the aftermarket one out.

Your rear seats look to be original/correct third gen seats, so they'll be tough to match properly.

I'm not a fan of steering wheel covers in general, that's just me. If you have to have one, I'd look for one that's just plain Black so it doesn't stick out as much. I do have a spare correct 1991-92 steering wheel that I need to take off my spare column. "Good" condition, no rips or tears, but typical micro cracking at the top. Will let you have it for $70/shipped if you're interested.

Yeah, my orig cig lighter looked great, but woouldn't stay in place either. Found one on eBay for $14/shipped. Doesn't work, but at least it stays in the hole.
Thanks for all the help, if I can't find a good cover for my steering wheel I'll give you a message.