South Central Region Board for the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisana.

The "Contempo Camaro" for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Camaro
Engine: 305
Transmission: 4l60
The "Contempo Camaro" for sale

Ok guys, Do to parents not wanting this sitting in the driveway any longer, I must sell the Contempo Camaro, Ill give a little history of this car.

it was bought new in 85, By a lady by the name of Marla Myers, It was a Contempo Vans package. a quite rare package, That ive only talked to 1 other person who owned one, And only 2 people who know what it is, one of which was obviously the person who owned the other one. This package was a appearance package, With a notch back hatch, And a Daytona turbo-z style hood, With contempo Vans rims. You can see more info on on Camaro source, Where my car is featured on the site, as a example. under "Rare and Specialty Camaros".(Link will be posted below).

Anyway, This lady Ended up selling the car to a Josh Thomas, My cousin. Which the car is still titled in his name. So the person who buys this car will only be the 3rd owner as far as the title goes.

Condition:The car no dought needs some work, But its not a rust bucket, It was driven daily about a year ago, until the fuel pump went out, It blew some smoke, But prolly just a bearing, Ive got a new Fuel pump, And a new Radiator to go with it, Also new Rear hatch carpeting. Things it will need are. The motor taken care of(I can help you find a 305 for dirt cheap). It will need the driver side door fixed, as the bars have come off from the handles on the inside, So thats just taking the door panel off and putting them back on. It will need the seals replaced, As its a 20yr old car, And obviously, theyre gone bad, It has a small amount of body damage, But nothing bad. Just some spots the clearcoat is bad, And on the front driver side bumper/fender its cracked and the paints gone.

The good things: The transmission only has afew thousands miles on it, The rear tires have a good bit of tread left in them, It has a (What i was told) rare Camel tan(?) interior, With a black dash, Interior is in pretty good shape, The carpet in the front has a little bit of a rip in it. But other than afew little things, the seats are in great shape, The headliner does sag, But that would be a given, Its got aftermarket speakers in it, And im installing a new head unit in it, Cause the old one burnt out.

Heres some pictures of the car.

Old 09-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Car: 1986 Irocz- Houstons Fastest Street
Engine: 408 LS1 w/ 2 stage
Transmission: Turbo 350
Axle/Gears: 3:73,3850 lbs , best of 9.92 @ 138
how much are you asking?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Car: 85 Camaro
Engine: 305