South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

Fellow Kentucky Folk....REPORT!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: Carbed L98
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Fellow Kentucky Folk....REPORT!!

Originally Posted by pondriver
Specialty Area's for the 2010 season...
April- Pre-'49 Classic's, Custom's & Hotrod's!
May- Mopar Mania!
June- Camaro's & Firebird's
July- PowerCruise presented by Holley

Performance!
August- Mustang Alley!
September- Corvette Summer!
October- Tri-Five Chevy's!

June is Camaro's & Firebird's at Somerset, this might be a good month to all meet there. Also, the powercruise in July is also pretty good.
June would be good, although I dont think my car is show worthy. I need to repaint, but a GTG would be fun.

Oh yeah, I talked to adam (badgta) today. Didnt you buy his exhaust and met here in London?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro ZO3
Engine: 350 HSR
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.70's

Originally Posted by bluegrassz
June would be good, although I dont think my car is show worthy. I need to repaint, but a GTG would be fun.

Oh yeah, I talked to adam (badgta) today. Didnt you buy his exhaust and met here in London?
Yes, that was me. I get lots of compliments on the exhaust. Sounds very nice.
P1040051.jpg?t=1267639790
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Supreme Member

Yes, that was me. I get lots of compliments on the exhaust. Sounds very nice.
He dropped by the house when he got to London that day and wanted me to go. I had a few thing going on and couldnt.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:57 PM

May- Mopar Mania!
Performance!
August- Mustang Alley!

June is Camaro's & Firebird's at Somerset, this might be a good month to all meet there. Also, the powercruise in July is also pretty good.
man i'd love to make it to the june one, to see all the camaros and firebirds. it'll just depend on if i get an overdrive tranny in by then or not. I really dont think my car would make it as its configured now. but for those of us who dont make it there, postings pics of it on here would be nice. just a thought.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dvmeter
man i'd love to make it to the june one, to see all the camaros and firebirds. it'll just depend on if i get an overdrive tranny in by then or not. I really dont think my car would make it as its configured now. but for those of us who dont make it there, postings pics of it on here would be nice. just a thought.
Thats were a Winters quick change diff would come in handy. lol
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Thats were a Winters quick change diff would come in handy. lol
a what?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Supreme Member

Check this out.
http://www.wintersperformance.com/

They have been around for years. You just pull the rear cover and change the gear set. Kinda like a gear drive. Fast and simple.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Winter...-End,5062.html

http://www.novas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8214

They would be great for the street/round track or maybe auto cross. I dont know how they would hold up to drag racing, but they have a drag setup.

Last edited by bluegrassz; 03-04-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 AM

oh that is cool.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: beats me

I'm just north of Louisville in Southern Indiana.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:48 PM

Car: 92 firebird or 91 wrangler
Engine: 3.1
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Hey guys, well i decided to pull my 92 out from the corner and start fixin it up. Im here in Mayfield out in wky. guys hit me up, i need 92 front end parts
Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by stormdrop
Hey guys, well i decided to pull my 92 out from the corner and start fixin it up. Im here in Mayfield out in wky. guys hit me up, i need 92 front end parts
Welcome to the board.

Got any pics of the car?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Car: 92 firebird or 91 wrangler
Engine: 3.1
Axle/Gears: 3.23

not currently, but it is a 3.1 car t-top arctic white with gold honeycomb wheels. i had a little mishap with a dog at about 75 and demolished my bumper and turnsignal/fog lamp assembly. ill try to get some pictures up soon.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Car: 86 Firebird
Engine: 355 vortec heads
Transmission: 700r4 Huges 2500 stall
Axle/Gears: 4:10

Hay guys whats going on? I haven't been on here in a while, just been trying to get over this surgery. I went back to the doctor yesterday and got some bad news. He told me that I would not be able to go back to work. He place me on a 10 to 25 lbs lifting restriction for the rest of my life. He told me that I would no longer be able to work on my cars or do anything that I used to do. I guess I'll just have to hire all of my work done from now on. He also said that I should sell off anything that reminded me of what I used to do so that I wouldn't get down. I have got news for him, my bird is going no where. I may not be able to do the work on it any more, but like I said, I'll hire it done or rely on the old buddy old pal system.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 1badnhra
Hay guys whats going on? I haven't been on here in a while, just been trying to get over this surgery. I went back to the doctor yesterday and got some bad news. He told me that I would not be able to go back to work. He place me on a 10 to 25 lbs lifting restriction for the rest of my life. He told me that I would no longer be able to work on my cars or do anything that I used to do. I guess I'll just have to hire all of my work done from now on. He also said that I should sell off anything that reminded me of what I used to do so that I wouldn't get down. I have got news for him, my bird is going no where. I may not be able to do the work on it any more, but like I said, I'll hire it done or rely on the old buddy old pal system.
Good to here you are getting over you surgery.

The doctor told me I had DDD and looks like it will get worse. He told me I could work on my car, but I would pay for it "be in pain". Dont beleive everything that doctors say. Some of it depends on how bad you want to do something. There a all kinds of thing you can do to or with you car that doesnt involve heavy lifting.

I still work on my car, I just have to work smarter.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Engine: 350 4 bolt main
Transmission: junky 700R4 for now
Axle/Gears: pretty sure they are 323 :/

Im Joe From Maysville, seems like im about an hour away from everything lol...I'm new so here goes...I have always had camaros, my first one was a 1968 Camaro RS numbers matching 2 spd powerglide factory air blah blah blah...Traded it off so I could get my dad a motorcycle, I'm 21, Last week I got me anuther and Its a 84 Camaro, It didnt rly have a lot of stuff on it but it has a few now goin to clay city this weekend to race if anyone knows where thats at. It is a built 355 with a 700R4 tranny. After this winter it will b a stroker hopefully......Neways nice to meet yall and if there are any meets let me know Id love to see the cars
Old 04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by smokinjoe07
Im Joe From Maysville, seems like im about an hour away from everything lol...I'm new so here goes...I have always had camaros, my first one was a 1968 Camaro RS numbers matching 2 spd powerglide factory air blah blah blah...Traded it off so I could get my dad a motorcycle, I'm 21, Last week I got me anuther and Its a 84 Camaro, It didnt rly have a lot of stuff on it but it has a few now goin to clay city this weekend to race if anyone knows where thats at. It is a built 355 with a 700R4 tranny. After this winter it will b a stroker hopefully......Neways nice to meet yall and if there are any meets let me know Id love to see the cars
Welcome!

Got any pics?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM

haha not yet...the car has been so aggravating lately i havent taken any...ill get them asap tho...yall know of alternating rocker arms?
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Hay thanks bluegrassz. I have been doing a little better. I had my dad help me put an oil pressure and water temp gauge in a couple of days ago. He got under the dash for me to help run the wires and stuff and I did some of the stuff that didn't require a lot of bending. I put them in a gauge pod on the a pillar and they look tough. I have my 5" tach mounted under the lip of the dash pad over the dummy lights.
Smokinjoe07 did you go to clay city this weekend? I didn't have a chance to go. My son just finished up his soccer season Friday night and they gave out their awards. Man it was a blast watching those 3 year old kids play. I seen one of my friends with his car on a trailer. I think he was going to clay city. It's a 91 z28 with a 406. It red and fast!!!! So what did your car run? I hope to get well enough to take mine before the weather heats up.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Yea I went...car did not do well at all...the transmission being a 700R4 was a headache I run twice and got frustrated enuf to not run again...The car wouldnt come out of third gear (leaving me bouncing revs for half the track), I had a float stuck in the back bowl, My timing was low on the car, and i set my one tire wonder down the track thru first and half of second, and my battery wasnt charging (trying to kill the car as soon as I hit the line)....but I had a mustang by the nutz with all of my problems acting up ...now I have fixed the float, set timing at 33 degrees ahead and 16 ahead at base, run a hot wire for my battery, adjusted my valves to be high of center, and in the process this week of getting a 350T with a 4800 stall (way too much I need a 2800) and a 10in set of rallys...I think I saw that car...did he throw a rod bout halfway down the track?....neways I was dissapointed with my 15 sec pass The car has much more potential and now she runs like a champ...prolly wont get to go this weekend but hopefully next weekend...hope to see you up there and hope u get to feelin better

-> I have a 550 quadrajet for sale, a set of 305 heads, a cast iron 283 intake from my old 68, and a 2 spd powerglide if anyones interested just hit me up
Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 PM

Yeah that was my friends cars. I just got back from his house. He told me that his brother was making a pass in it when the valve seat broke and the valve fell down and went through the piston and was shot out the oil pan. His brother told me that it happened to him a little past half track and he let off of it. He said that it still ran an 11.02. He has the motor pulled and sent back to the machine shop that built it for him. He also ordered new heads for it. It only had about 8 passes on it. He had about 8k plus in that motor.
The guy that was driving that night had a 79 TA that had a 512 ci in it. I have seen it run in the 10's spinning when it went across the line. He pulled the motor and sold the body. He put the motor in an s-10 put has pulled it back out before he ran it because he has found a 71 nova. These guys are true gear heads and mess with stuff like this all of the time.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:02 PM

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, that after all of the flooding, my wife and I drove down to Clay City to see if the track had got under water. This was in the middle of the week. While we were there a Kienser guy had the track rented for the day and were testing/tuning a Corvette they had built. It was running twin turbos and was turning 7's in the 1/4. He told me and my wife that it had 3000 horse power. He also had a tube chassis Cobalt there that was running 4.80's in the 1/8. He was a real cool guy and was really friendly. Not to mention he is in his 70's if not older and driving these cars himself. He was also on Pass Time last year driving a Porsche that ran in the 10's.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:55 PM

so it was a valve? thats different lol u or them wouldnt b interested in trading a set of heads f or a budget build you? im lookin for something a bit better than stock 350 heads....anything would help...double humps, power packs, big valve heads would be a dream...they aint gotta be aluminum cuz idk if I have anything worth a set of those lol
Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 FORMULA
Engine: ZZ4 + LT4 HT CAM 430HP
Transmission: 700-R4 COMING T56
Axle/Gears: 9" 4.56's (COMING)

im still alive... just pacing myself.... putting my ta in the paint booth this fall, and hopefully assembly begins spring next year.....
Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by badgta
im still alive... just pacing myself.... putting my ta in the paint booth this fall, and hopefully assembly begins spring next year.....
Its about time!!! LOL.

Glad to see you are starting on the TA again. Hopefully we can get both cars up an running.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro ZO3
Engine: 350 HSR
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.70's

May- Mopar Mania!
Performance!
August- Mustang Alley!

June is Camaro's & Firebird's at Somerset, this might be a good month to all meet there.

Get this on your schedule. I'm bringing my 92 camaro, along with inlaws 94 trans am with 12 k miles, and 67 camaro.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Supreme Member

May- Mopar Mania!
Performance!
August- Mustang Alley!

June is Camaro's & Firebird's at Somerset, this might be a good month to all meet there.

Get this on your schedule. I'm bringing my 92 camaro, along with inlaws 94 trans am with 12 k miles, and 67 camaro.
I have been wanting to attend this summer. I hope to have the camaro back on the road in a few weeks. Nothing a weekend of work wouldnt take care of.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:06 PM

Car: 1992 formula firebird
Engine: 355 TPI
Transmission: currently a T-5, eventually a T-56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

hey guys im here in winchester, about 20 miles from lexington.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by busterbrown
hey guys im here in winchester, about 20 miles from lexington.
Welcome!!!

Post up some pics.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:17 PM

Car: 1992 formula firebird
Engine: 355 TPI
Transmission: currently a T-5, eventually a T-56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

I have a couple on my profile. I'll download more when i can
Old 06-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS 3.1
Engine: 3.1L
Transmission: Auto(sigh)

Murray, KY , bout an hour from Paducah, holler if you are close
Old 06-26-2010, 01:09 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro

Hey guys. We are in Central KY, just south of Lexington. Mike has a 2nd gen that we have been restoring for some time now. I guess he finally decided that I needed my own f-body, so he got me an '86 for my birthday this year. While I have learned alot about engines watching hom work, my actual involvement in working on our vehicles is usually limited to "holding the light". Today he says I am putting the new distributor cap and rotor that he bought on my car. We'll see...
Great to meet you all.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86nKY
Hey guys. We are in Central KY, just south of Lexington. Mike has a 2nd gen that we have been restoring for some time now. I guess he finally decided that I needed my own f-body, so he got me an '86 for my birthday this year. While I have learned alot about engines watching hom work, my actual involvement in working on our vehicles is usually limited to "holding the light". Today he says I am putting the new distributor cap and rotor that he bought on my car. We'll see...
Great to meet you all.
Welcome!!

How "south" of lexington are you?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by RSRandy
Murray, KY , bout an hour from Paducah, holler if you are close
Welcome!!

Im sure there are a few thirdgen members out your way.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM

Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA, 2003 Grand Am GT
Engine: 350 Tune Port

Hello,

I live in Burlington, KY which is about 20 minutes from Cincinnati or 1 hour from Lexington in the opposite direction. I have a 1991 Trans Am GTA, which is a nearly complete restoration project.

Look forward to hopefully seeing some of you at a show or cruise in sometime.

Josh
Old 06-28-2010, 06:09 PM

Welcome!!

How "south" of lexington are you?

We live in Nicholasville.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 AM

Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA, 2003 Grand Am GT
Engine: 350 Tune Port

I said that incorrectly. I am about 1-hour north of Lexington. Not too far from Nicholasville.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by wildjyoung
Hello,

I live in Burlington, KY which is about 20 minutes from Cincinnati or 1 hour from Lexington in the opposite direction. I have a 1991 Trans Am GTA, which is a nearly complete restoration project.

Look forward to hopefully seeing some of you at a show or cruise in sometime.

Josh
Looks like you have been on the board for a while. You will have to post some pics of your project. We like before/during andd after pics so you dont have to wait till your done. lol
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Supreme Member

We live in Nicholasville.
Nice area. Try to post some pics of your projects.

Oh yeah, When I say "projects", these cars will never be finished. We will always find something we want to change/improve on. lol
Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 PM

This is Mike's 80 we have been restoring with my 86.

Name:  IMG_0948.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  78.7 KB

Last edited by 86nKY; 07-01-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Supreme Member

This is Mike's 80 we have been restoring with my 86.

Looks like some solid cars to build.

Would be nice to see both in the same color. Just an idea.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:08 PM

If any of you all are going to be around Central KY on Saturday, Sutherland Chevrolet in Nicholasville is having a cruise-in. We're planning to go over in the 80.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 Z-28
Engine: 406
Axle/Gears: 3.70

I'm in Paducah. Here is my ride.
Attached Thumbnails Fellow Kentucky Folk....REPORT!!-plain-white-wrapper-2.jpg  
Old 07-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 94-6spd
I'm in Paducah. Here is my ride.
Looks nice. What track is that?

What does it run?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Supreme Member

That was at a track rental at I-40 Dragway in Crossville, TN. A photographer was there and did a photo shoot for Super Chevy Magazine. It was in the December issue.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

Oh, I forgot...It's ran 6.72 on a 150 shot after driving it to the track an hour from Paducah. I now have a big Procharger that I'm putting on.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Supreme Member

Oh, I forgot...It's ran 6.72 on a 150 shot after driving it to the track an hour from Paducah. I now have a big Procharger that I'm putting on.
I like cars that can be driven to the track and run good times. No disrespect to trailer cars.

Are you going to run the 150 shot with the Procharger?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Supreme Member

Are you going to run the 150 shot with the Procharger?
HAHA, I wish the block would take it but I have a stock block and about 850 is all this block will probably take and that's pushing it. The blower can make 1600 hp. It's big so I definitely wouldn't need any juice. Instead of changing jets now I'll be changing pulleys. My goal is to drive it to the track on the Interstate on pump gas and run a 5.99 in the 1/8th.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Supreme Member

HAHA, I wish the block would take it but I have a stock block and about 850 is all this block will probably take and that's pushing it. The blower can make 1600 hp. It's big so I definitely wouldn't need any juice. Instead of changing jets now I'll be changing pulleys. My goal is to drive it to the track on the Interstate on pump gas and run a 5.99 in the 1/8th.
Time for a aftermarket block. LOL

What did it run on just motor?

Mine ran a best of 7.63 in the 1/8 all motor. I wondered what a 150 shot would do to it.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Supreme Member

It ran 7.20's on motor. I wish I had some money for a little M right now. It'll have to wait. With good traction I think that yours would definitely go high 6's.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Mt. Sterling, KY here,,,,,,,,,,, I don't have a third Gen Body,,,, But I do have
all third gen stuff in my car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Fellow Kentucky Folk....REPORT!!