South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

Disney Dream Car Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car
Disney Dream Car Weekend

All,
I know it's last minute, but I just found out about this a couple days ago. I knew about it months ago and forgot all about it. This is supposed to be the largest car show ever at Disney. If you can get a chance to come out, I'll be there all weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow morning. The car is ready.

Check it out this holiday weekend.

http://www.dreamcarsweekend.com/
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Disney Dream Car Weekend

Last edited by LHernandezJr; 07-19-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 91 Black Formula KR
Engine: 305 TPI R69/G92
Transmission: Astro A5-Pro 5.0-McCleod
Axle/Gears: US Gear 3.42 Eaton True Trac

My friend Michael is there with his Kitt replica... Already sent pics of other nice cars... Says the Shagin Waggin from Dumb n Dumber is there :-)

Raf
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6

I went out there to see the Mustangs at the Mickyard show and happened to come across this show as well. Very nice cars there and cool customs inside the resort.

I saw your car scottmoyer as well as raf's friend's kitt.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 AM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

I was disappointed in the show. It seems that the other two shows going on at the same time combined the three shows into one on all of their advertising. This gave their attendees many options. The show I was a part of, the Disney Dream Cars, didn't mention that the other two were part of the weekend get together and that we were invited to share in all of their festivities. I heard that the Mustang group had an open invitation to an ice cream social and fireworks at Epcot. The RPM Muscle Cars/Festival of Wheels show had concerts with Molly Hatchett and others. We knew nothing about these things. We also didn't know anything about the celebrities that were supposed to be onsite except for Don Garlits and Geoff Bodine. Stacey David from Gearz TV was there and Jeff Allen from CNBC's Chasing Cars was there. Glad I was able to run into these two and chat with them for awhile. Sounds like I could've had a more eventful weekend if I knew some other options were available to us.

For such a large car show (so they said), I was disappointed that I had the only 3rd gen Camaro onsite and there was only the one 3rd gen Firebird, KITT.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird KITT replica
Engine: 305
Transmission: Automatic

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
I was disappointed in the show. It seems that the other two shows going on at the same time combined the three shows into one on all of their advertising. This gave their attendees many options. The show I was a part of, the Disney Dream Cars, didn't mention that the other two were part of the weekend get together and that we were invited to share in all of their festivities. I heard that the Mustang group had an open invitation to an ice cream social and fireworks at Epcot. The RPM Muscle Cars/Festival of Wheels show had concerts with Molly Hatchett and others. We knew nothing about these things. We also didn't know anything about the celebrities that were supposed to be onsite except for Don Garlits and Geoff Bodine. Stacey David from Gearz TV was there and Jeff Allen from CNBC's Chasing Cars was there. Glad I was able to run into these two and chat with them for awhile. Sounds like I could've had a more eventful weekend if I knew some other options were available to us.

For such a large car show (so they said), I was disappointed that I had the only 3rd gen Camaro onsite and there was only the one 3rd gen Firebird, KITT.
I am not sure if I was disapointed. The fact that the stuff going on at Epcot had been an additional 50-60.00. That stuff was all paid for. We had a lot of things going on at the event. That is true. Yes My K.I.T.T. was the only 3rd gen Firebird, and I do recall seeing two 3rd Gen Camaro's. one was silver and black. the other was red. one hard top, one T top. As for birds and Camaros.. there were plenty of them. Everything from 1967-2012 cars from either side.

The show overall had quite a few celeb. Cars or Entertainment Vehicles.
K.I.T.T. as was pointed out, was one of those Entertainment rides.
1977 Smokey and the Bandit T/A, and 1978 Bandit T/A.
1966 Batmobile
2009-2012 Batmobile Tumbler
Tron Cycles
*******' Wagon(Dumb and Dumber)
Bumblebee Camaro
Just a few to share.
The show itself was rather large. Outside in 4/5 parking areas, and entire inner yard at the Richard Petty Driving Experiance track, and inside not one but three large convention areas inside. Which housed about 160 plus cars and boats.

The Model car display/ NNL Viewer's choice area was also very cool. Don Gartlis, Geoff Bodine, as well as a few stars were on hand .. it had a lot going for it.

Just sad that noone really brought any of their 3rd gens out to play. we could have had our own section. I arrived on a Thursday, and was the only third Gen for most of the time up there.
-Michael
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6

If I had known there were other events going on other than Mustangs and the Mickyard, perhaps I would have brought my 3rd gen. The only reason I went was because my father and I recently acquired a 69 Mach 1 as a father/son project and wanted to get some ideas. While we got a lot from the vendors, ideas were not something we got as most of the cars were factory or restored to factory original(we're going restomod.)

Either way, I need to get the Firebird out more.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird KITT replica
Engine: 305
Transmission: Automatic

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
If I had known there were other events going on other than Mustangs and the Mickyard, perhaps I would have brought my 3rd gen. The only reason I went was because my father and I recently acquired a 69 Mach 1 as a father/son project and wanted to get some ideas. While we got a lot from the vendors, ideas were not something we got as most of the cars were factory or restored to factory original(we're going restomod.)

Either way, I need to get the Firebird out more.
yep. I hear that. it was a cool show either way. I was the only 3rd gen there, as well as one other who had a camaro. it was just nice to see so many awesome people. and so many beautiful cars too. As for getting your bird out of the cage more often.. It`ll thank you for it!