South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

New 84' Berlinetta owner in Augusta GA, need help fixing it up

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 84' Berlinetta owner in Augusta GA, need help fixing it up

I just got my hands on a 5-speed Berlinetta and I love it so much, I think it's really cool.

But I have some problems with it that I cannot fix without some help from some more expirienced folk (like you!).

The lights on my 84' berlinetta have a poltergeist (figuratively speaking), and I have a short that drains my battery when the car sits. I have no control over the lights or the dashboard at random moments. There is a computer board under the passenger side of the dashboard that is fried on a section of it and I have been told that it controls the lights. Is there a reliable source for me to find and get the replacement part or parts that I need? The shop I use regularly cannot seem to find the right part(s) and I want to have the electronics resolved completely before I do any major mechanical work and then set up my garage to restore the interior and the little spots of rust and lost paint.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to get the help I need soon.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:01 PM

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 2.77 Posi
Re: New 84' Berlinetta owner in Augusta GA, need help fixing it up

Hopefully John in RI will see your post and chime in. He is the resident expert when it comes to Berlinettas. I've posted a link to his website below.

http://berlinetta.info
Old 11-12-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New 84' Berlinetta owner in Augusta GA, need help fixing it up

Wow, thanks! It feels so good to be making progress so quickly!